PDA

View Full Version : Network Tools.

TheRealDave
10-06-2004, 07:14 AM
Is there any programs that i can use to network my computer (with internet connection) to a laptop and another computer, all done wireless so i can transfer files and share the internet connection?

vampiro
10-06-2004, 07:20 AM
err windows does that

BawA
10-06-2004, 07:54 AM
Connecting to another computer is easy but if u want to share internet thats entirly diffrent thing, u must have router and network stuff but if u just want to transfer file u can just do it with windows builtin App all u must do it to connect both pc's with a USB cable and transfer your file.

TheRealDave
10-06-2004, 11:59 AM
vampiro, im currently using the windows one and it sucks. i can connect my computer to the laptop but am unable to include the 3rd computer. nevermind though, i'm just giving up on it pretty much for today :P

tesco
10-06-2004, 12:21 PM
vampiro, im currently using the windows one and it sucks. i can connect my computer to the laptop but am unable to include the 3rd computer. nevermind though, i'm just giving up on it pretty much for today :P
To connect a third you're gonna need to buy a router.

SP2 for XP includes a wireless network wizard, you can try that.

TheRealDave
10-06-2004, 12:36 PM
i'll just get saving up for a wireless router then :rolleyes:

edit, with a router will i be able to connect to the other 'puters to share files, printers etc?

4play
10-06-2004, 12:41 PM
yes you can share what ever you like with the added bonus of nat acting as a natural firewall so your shared folders are protected from the big bad internet.