PDA

View Full Version : Reputation Points

peat moss
10-06-2004, 10:42 PM
Done away with? Big surprise there I guess. I'm starting to like the looks of the new board. It looks fresh and clean! Little farting around to find my way, but ah growing pains I guess.

Edit: Spelling of course !

Busyman
10-06-2004, 10:44 PM
Done away with? Big surprise there I guess. I'm starting to like the looks of the new board. It looks frees and clean! Little farting around to find my way, but ah growing pains I guess.
....and I got banned for joking about it.

LOL11111111!!!!!1!!!!

peat moss
10-06-2004, 10:46 PM
....and I got banned for joking about it.

LOL11111111!!!!!1!!!!

Well the thought was there , but too much room for abuse, I think .

Jayhawk
10-06-2004, 10:58 PM
i liked the rep points i say bring em back

tesco
10-06-2004, 11:11 PM
I liked them since i had, afaik, the highest rep before it was removed. :01:

Jayhawk
10-06-2004, 11:33 PM
nope Krohn did or 1 of the admins did actually theirs was 250

DanB
10-06-2004, 11:34 PM
I had the lowest

tesco
10-06-2004, 11:37 PM
nope Krohn did or 1 of the admins did actually theirs was 250

ya all the admins (mods?) had 250 POWER.

They all had 1 pip though...

krohn gave me some points so i had 270 and ended up with 3 pips. :01:

btw, pips are the little squre things...on IPB it would be the stars.

Jayhawk
10-06-2004, 11:40 PM
ya i know what pips are :)

rookiecrd1
10-07-2004, 12:05 AM
If you guys like the rep points I can easily bring them back
its really up to the majority of members.

DanB
10-07-2004, 12:06 AM

They were a bit of fun :D

Afronaut
10-07-2004, 12:11 AM
Maybe some sort of Poll is in order?
:cool2:

Filliz

Let's have our first poll. :01:

Cheese
ya all the admins (mods?) had 250 POWER.

They all had 1 pip though...

btw, pips are the little squre things...on IPB it would be the stars.
You really need to get a life.

Cheese
10-07-2004, 12:18 AM
Clear the points so everyone is equal.

And keep the admin and mods from voting. Especially if they are going to be applying 250 points of rep each time they approve/disapprove.

Or not. I don't care.

Can I have my post count back now?

Adster
10-07-2004, 12:22 AM
I really don't care it was fun to have

tesco
10-07-2004, 12:23 AM
You really need to get a life.
ok. :blink:

natedogg
10-07-2004, 01:14 AM
i don't want them back

Emdee
10-07-2004, 01:21 AM
I had 'shameless behaviour' because it looks like someone with a power of 10 voted me down twice! :blink:

It would be a good idea if the reputation points would be used seriously but I can't see that happening (I didn't even do that myself!) :D

iMartin
10-07-2004, 01:55 AM
Clear the points so everyone is equal.

And keep the admin and mods from voting. Especially if they are going to be applying 250 points of rep each time they approve/disapprove.

Or not. I don't care.

Can I have my post count back now?

:lol:

You really need to get a life. :dry:

peat moss
10-07-2004, 02:05 AM

Rookie its kind of fun, we lost the stars so throw us a bone. LOL

RealitY
10-07-2004, 02:16 AM
I thought they were fkin stupid although considering the number of children well...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Busyman
10-07-2004, 02:20 AM
Rookie its kind of fun, we lost the stars so throw us a bone. LOL

I can see how it would be fun but then my bullshit detector starts farting and then the fun leaves as a methane gas cloud.

In essence, reputation points invite abuse therefore is a bullshit tool.

It assesses squat.

peat moss
10-07-2004, 02:28 AM
I can see how it would be fun but then my bullshit detector starts farting and then the fun leaves as a methane gas cloud.

In essence, reputation points invite abuse therefore is a bullshit tool.

It assesses squat.

We could all ways disable in the lounge . Just a thought I'm kidding . LOL

maskawaih
10-07-2004, 02:31 AM
what for if they use it on other world? :lol:

bigdawgfoxx
10-07-2004, 02:35 AM
I think rep points were gay I had 0...and im good...f that haha

RealitY
10-07-2004, 04:49 AM
Actually I think if anything they should only be seen and allowed in the lounge although its really fkin stuped all in all...

motherflux
10-07-2004, 05:10 AM

you're such a slut! :o

one pimp was all I ever needed :\

maskawaih
10-07-2004, 05:15 AM
you're such a slut! :o

one pimp was all I ever needed :\
not anymore. :dry:

Rip The Jacker
10-07-2004, 05:34 AM
I think the guy who invented the reputation system for VB needs to be shot. I can honestly say its the dumbest thing I've ever seen at a forum, and is open to nothing but abuse.

ofbz
10-07-2004, 07:02 AM
i liked the stars...(based on post count)
bring back the stars please.... :)

Adster
10-07-2004, 07:04 AM
who gives a fk about pips??

Barbarossa
10-07-2004, 07:51 AM
I think the guy who invented the reputation system for VB needs to be shot. I can honestly say its the dumbest thing I've ever seen at a forum, and is open to nothing but abuse.

It would work on a grown-up forum.... but not this one, as you say, it's too easy to abuse... :rolleyes:

tesco
10-07-2004, 11:50 AM
Maybe try and bring back the stars and base them on how long you've been joined to the forum, or just make it post count again.

Cheese
10-07-2004, 12:16 PM
Here's a thought.

Why don't we try and judge people by the quality of their posts rather than some lame rep system or the number of posts they've made or when they joined the forum or member title?

I know it's a pretty radical idea but it may just work. We could scrap all these useless bits of information and just have a name and avatar. I don't go to work with a badge on me saying how many good ideas I've had that week or when I joined the company or how many times I've spoken that week and we get on just fine.

Edit: I guess for those of you that work at McDonalds stars are needed to tell how "good" you are...;)

uNz[i]
10-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Here's a thought.

Why don't we try and judge people by the quality of their posts rather than some lame rep system or the number of posts they've made or when they joined the forum or member title?

I know it's a pretty radical idea but it may just work. We could scrap all these useless bits of information and just have a name and avatar. I don't go to work with a badge on me saying how many good ideas I've had that week or when I joined the company or how many times I've spoken that week and we get on just fine.

Edit: I guess for those of you that work at McDonalds stars are needed to tell how "good" you are...;)

Well said Cheese. :01:

Cheese
10-07-2004, 12:53 PM
']Well said Cheese. :01:
If they bring back the rep system can you approve this post?:lol:

uNz[i]
10-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Sure. But only if you can get me a staff discount for a Big Mac and fries. :D

Jayhawk
10-07-2004, 02:51 PM
who cares i dont see how you can abuse them. o no one person gave you a bad rep wooptie fricken do its a joke gives us something to laugh at its funny i laughed when i got a bad rep it didnt end my day or put me in a bad mood

DanB
10-07-2004, 02:54 PM
who cares i dont see how you can abuse them. o no one person gave you a bad rep wooptie fricken do its a joke gives us something to laugh at its funny i laughed when i got a bad rep it didnt end my day or put me in a bad mood

You are lucky then, I heard Samaritans worldwide were inundated with telephone calls from broken members

Jayhawk
10-07-2004, 03:02 PM
ya well those people died so its ok

DanB
10-07-2004, 03:03 PM
ya well those people died so its ok

bring it back :01:

Cheese
10-07-2004, 03:42 PM
You are lucky then, I heard Samaritans worldwide were inundated with telephone calls from broken members
Ouch!

sebastian_insua
10-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Bring the reputation marks back as they were useful for seeing whether infromation is likely to be correct (and for spotting noobies).

As although people think this is a bad thing and that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover etc... it really does help when finding out what are the latest/best applications the newest releases etc..... as those who come here more often, often have the answers...

my 2 Cents.....
(edit: I live in the UK so my 2 Pence actually... lol)

Busyman
10-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Bring the reputation marks back as they were useful for seeing whether infromation is likely to be correct (and for spotting noobies).

As although people think this is a bad thing and that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover etc... it really does help when finding out what are the latest/best applications the newest releases etc..... as those who come here more often, often have the answers...

my 2 Cents.....
(edit: I live in the UK so my 2 Pence actually... lol)
Yes, exactly, what he said.

Reputation points will really work. Bring it back.

Jayhawk
10-08-2004, 02:51 PM
are we ever going to get an admin or mods say in this and what is going on in team chat about it?

manker
10-08-2004, 03:53 PM
Yeah, bring them back. I promise to only rate people positively when they do something selfless and will rate people badly when they don't say thanks.

I will refrain from giving bad points when someone gets on my nerves/is a poor speller/has more rep points than me/is a scouser/bumps their own lounge thread after it's been dead for 3 days/professes to have a 'lucky number'/disagrees with me/puts an apostrophe in the wrong place/rejects my cyber advances. I also won't rate people higher when they make me laugh whilst, in the main, not rating those who post verifieds and tech advice.

Yes. I can see me doing all that and everyone pitching in to make the reputation system really work.

If I can take the sarcasm tags off for a moment tho' I think that implementing the reputation system for a bit of fun is a great idea. Provided it isn't taken at all seriously.

Busyman
10-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Yeah, bring them back. I promise to only rate people positively when they do something selfless and will rate people badly when they don't say thanks.

I will refrain from giving bad points when someone gets on my nerves/is a poor speller/has more rep points than me/is a scouser/bumps their own lounge thread after it's been dead for 3 days/professes to have a 'lucky number'/disagrees with me/puts an apostrophe in the wrong place/rejects my cyber advances. I also won't rate people higher when they make me laugh whilst, in the main, not rating those who post verifieds and tech advice.

Yes. I can see me doing all that and everyone pitching in to make the reputation system really work.

If I can take the sarcasm tags off for a moment tho' I think that implementing the reputation system for a bit of fun is a great idea. Provided it isn't taken at all seriously.
Wanker your post would have been a classic had you not posted that disclaimer at the end.

manker
10-08-2004, 04:30 PM
I didn't want to get banned for a day for being unhelpful ;)

Busyman
10-08-2004, 04:40 PM
I didn't want to get banned for a day for being unhelpful ;)
Damn you took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to post that but something else got my attention.

ofbz
10-09-2004, 06:43 AM
the only way rep. points would work is if ONLY mods and admin. give them... as they are the most responsible people and won't use it as a toy, like MOST normal members would (hell... even i played with it a little bit... lol)
but... even then... i don't like the idea that much....

and also... it would be nice to have the post count hidden again... seeing my 40 something posts against the 1000's of other members makes me feel inferior in some way... :(

uNz[i]
10-09-2004, 09:20 AM
and also... it would be nice to have the post count hidden again... seeing my 40 something posts against the 1000's of other members makes me feel inferior in some way... :(
The best cure for low post count-itis is a good solid dose of Lounge. ;)

ofbz
10-09-2004, 09:35 AM
']The best cure for low post count-itis is a good solid dose of Lounge. ;)

i'm scared... :( ... don't know if they're gonna like me :unsure: