PDA

View Full Version : Please try to help me!!!

imasoldier
10-06-2004, 10:50 PM
I need help!!! Please I need a program whether you have to buy it or not, a program that can split movies for example Avi because all of the movie splitters I have used are making the movies out of sink which is making me very MAD!!! So will someone lay me down on the latest good movie splitter.

Filliz
10-06-2004, 11:04 PM
Maybe not what you're looking for,because the split files are unusable untill you rejoin them (they have a .001 extention):

MasterSplitter (http://www.tomasoft.com/)
Very easy to use. :)
Mostly used for posting on newsgroups.

If you know where to look you can find a crack for this ;)

imasoldier
10-06-2004, 11:11 PM
Thanks man, ill be trying this asap and yes I know where to look ;)

imasoldier
10-06-2004, 11:28 PM
Ok there is one prob i got the program working and you know what ;) well when i split a video it puts it in like 001 002 etc how do i play it???

Filliz
10-06-2004, 11:32 PM
That's what I said in my first post:

the split files are unusable untill you rejoin them (they have a .001 extention)

I think you could try changing (renaming) the extention to .avi | .mpeg | ...(whatever the original file was).

imasoldier
10-06-2004, 11:42 PM
I tried when I play the movie it wont work. Also tried going to there site looking around or their helpme. I can't seem to find any solutions.

tesco
10-06-2004, 11:46 PM
I tried when I play the movie it wont work. Also tried going to there site looking around or their helpme. I can't seem to find any solutions.
try it in VideoLAN.

imasoldier
10-06-2004, 11:53 PM
Nope

Filliz
10-07-2004, 12:07 AM
If you still want to watch the file after it's split,then mastersplitter isn't what you're looking for.

The only use mastersplitter has is for splitting the files so you can upload them to newsgroups,and for joining the files after you dl'ed them from newsgroups.

As I said in my first post: Probably not the kind of tool you're looking for.

imasoldier
10-07-2004, 12:32 AM
Well I'm looking for a program to split movies because I have a movie that is to big and wont fit on a cd so i want to slit it so i can convert them to svcd. Now is there is good simple program that wont make the videos out of sink. And able to watch em.

Emdee
10-07-2004, 12:35 AM
If you use TMPGEnc that'll let you split your movie and also offset the sound in case it's still out of sync.

Trouble is I don't think it converts it to svcd but I might be wrong.

imasoldier
10-07-2004, 12:55 AM
I tried that program also but the prob with it is when i load up the movie in it sayes unknown format and not able to open it. Although it is an avi file and does work in windows media player I just dont get why its so hard!

Emdee
10-07-2004, 12:58 AM
Try re-encoding with Virtualdub. You should also be able to split your movie this way too.

imasoldier
10-07-2004, 01:21 AM
Ok I found the solution I was looking across abunch of movie splitters and happen to pick this really free program that I have never herd of called "Avisplit Classic" and worked perfect for me but thanks everyone for taking your away and helping me I appreciate it.

Emdee
10-07-2004, 01:27 AM
Glad you were able to find a solution. :)

firefox
10-07-2004, 03:58 PM
you could try WinAvi and convert the video to a different format to fit on the cds. Go to www.winavi.com (http://www.winavi.com)