PDA

View Full Version : Protowall or Peergurdian?

DVDLOVER25
10-06-2004, 11:59 PM
Hi guys,

I am sorry if this has been asked before, tried searching but didnt find anything.

I am using Peergurdian v1.99 , but it seems to use alot of "memory". I read some place about Protowall 2.0, does somebody here have any experiance with this software?

Is it better then peergurdian?

Is it eady to use?

i dled a file called Protowall 2 0, do i need any other software besides this or is it only this ?

thanks for taking time for reading and answering this.

btw sorry for my poor english.

DVDLOVER25

iMartin
10-07-2004, 02:05 AM
Neither, download Sygate, then import all of the IP's with Bluetacks's website.

46ghost
10-07-2004, 04:24 AM
Protowall is way better.Peergurdian is just a hog.ProtoWall Help (http://www.bluetack.co.uk/pwhelp/) :)

Manny Roscoe
10-07-2004, 05:16 AM
Protowall is the shit. ;)

motherflux
10-07-2004, 05:25 AM
who gives a shit?

honestly, they're just placebos to give you a false sense of security.
if you're scared to share files, then quit.

no legal action has been taken against anyone on any network other than fasttrack (kazaa), with the exception of a handful of cases (I can only think of one), and that was where the individual was actually responsible for the original leak of a DVD screener (the Incredible Hulk, I believe).

we can't be stopped.

DVDLOVER25
10-07-2004, 06:17 AM
thanks for the answers guys, really apresiate it.

But when i try to install protowall drivers, everything work fine, until i start protowall program. Then i keep on getting msg: "Install driver, and then load protowall.sys file.

I do that, but still keep on getting the same msg, dont know what i am doing wrong.

Thanks again guys.

DVDLOVER25

ofbz
10-07-2004, 06:35 AM
i have peerguardian lite (stripped down version of the upcomming v2) it uses practicly 0 resources.... i use it with the blocklist at methlabs.org/sync...

i think it does help at least a little bit....

one day i forgot to turn pg on... i was d/l "p. of the caribean" and "fight club"... it was late at night (2 am) and i was in bed already (too lazy to go turn pg on)... couple of weeks later i got an email from my isp saying they got a letter from the mpaa... i checked the date and title... and it was those 2 movies the day i forgot to turn pg on... coincidence??? i dont know...

that didn't stop me, and i've d/l a LOT of movies (new ones) and i alwas check if pg is on... with the latest blocklist.. and i haven't gotten a letter since then...

just remember... what your doing is considered illegal... that's why you'll never be completly safe....

Sudden
10-07-2004, 10:18 AM
thanks for the answers guys, really apresiate it.

But when i try to install protowall drivers, everything work fine, until i start protowall program. Then i keep on getting msg: "Install driver, and then load protowall.sys file.

I do that, but still keep on getting the same msg, dont know what i am doing wrong.

Thanks again guys.

DVDLOVER25
There are a few bugs
one of them is automatic update

How to -

Install driver, and then load protowall.sys file.

Open Protowall

It should be all greyed out
Go to the grey W in the left hand corner click it
You will be offered two Options
File/About
Go to file
Load ip table Click it
A box will open up
Click My computer/c drive/my programs/Dudez/ProtoWall/ipfilter.p2p/open.

That should load it

Looks long winded but once you do it a couple of time
it only takes seconds

to update go to

W/About/Protwall on the web/ check for ipdb updates
Then do has -- How to -

I hope this helps You :)

DVDLOVER25
10-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks again :D , nice to see so many helpful people here.

Now protowall is working :) , i installed the 1,42 version, becouse i heard that there are some problems with v2.

One thing i was wondering, does protowall updtate its block list automatickly or do i have to do it manualy? if manualy then how?

I also sow something called Blocklist manager, do i need that?

Sorry for the trouble guys i am new to this protowall :D

Thanks again

DVDLOVER25

Sudden
10-07-2004, 02:49 PM
This is for 1,42 version
Tutorial (http://www.emule-help.com/protowall.htm)

My post above is for the 2.0

I hope this helps You :)

hackattack142
11-12-2004, 05:56 AM
Neither, download Sygate, then import all of the IP's with Bluetacks's website.
Hate to revive an old topic but thought i would address this. Loading too many IPs into a Personal Firewall can be very bad. Firewalls will only hold so many IPs before they get overloaded and become sluggish and less effective at dealing with other threats like hackers/intrusions/etc. Importing all the IPs at Bluetack is too many to load into a Pesonal Firewall. I would only put the critical stuff you want to block in your firewall blocklist.

{I}{K}{E}
11-12-2004, 09:35 AM
I use PeerGuardian Lite

Vash21
06-22-2006, 05:45 PM
I was recently using peerguardian2 but i guess because it is still beta i had one serious promblem with it. When it blocked ip addresses for government, ads, etc. it also blocked everywebsite or peer that had the same ip and it screwed me over for like 3 months cause it took me so long to find the promblem. Now i am trying peerguardian lite

p.s. if anyone else has peerguardian2 beta and u suspicously cant access a site try turning it off and retrying to get on the site.

quadomatic
01-04-2007, 01:29 AM
I use protowall, and im happy with it

axeozzy
01-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Do they work(install) with Windows Vista?