PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Device problem

dsa16
10-07-2004, 12:01 AM
I just installed Windows XP on my computer and have no sound but the drivers are installed for it. Windows can't detect a unknown device on my computer. I tried using a unknown device identifier, but cant seem to find what the device is because the id's are not the same.

Here are the only ID's device manager gives me,
Device Istance id: ACPI\WEC0515\4&398EACD8&0
Hardware id's: ACPI\WEC0515, *WEC0515

Virtualbody1234
10-07-2004, 12:29 AM
What sound drivers are installed and what is the sound chip?

dsa16
10-07-2004, 12:55 AM
YAMAHA AC-XG Audio Device
OEM Device from Sony Corp
Chip: Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) SiS7012 Sound Codec
Detail
PnpID
VEN_1039&DEV_7012&SUBSYS_8127104D&REV_A0
Vender
YAMAHA CORPORATION
Device
YAMAHA AC-XG Audio Device
Chip Vender
Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS)
Chip
SiS7012 Sound Codec
OEM Vender
Sony Corp

peat moss
10-07-2004, 01:31 AM
This should help!
http://download.sis.com/

Funny had the same problem last weekend. It asks for C-MEDIA 97 drivers.
But you want the SIS 7012 drivers. PM me if you get stuck.

dsa16
10-07-2004, 11:58 AM
When I did install Windows XP I didn't use my Sony back-up discs, I used the original Windows XP CD. Is there a way to serch on the Sony back-up discs for the missing drivers?

Afronaut
10-07-2004, 12:14 PM
When I did install Windows XP I didn't use my Sony back-up discs, I used the original Windows XP CD. Is there a way to serch on the Sony back-up discs for the missing drivers?
I dont know, but I'd say 99% of the drivers one needs are on the net,
it is a matter of searching and finding.

Try Driverguide (http://www.driverguide.com/) ,
login = drivers
pword = all

It has a tons of drivers, and good links for manufacturer.
Its a bit better for older and rare hardware I think.
But thats where I go if I dont find drivers with Google
right away, he he.

:cool2:

tesco
10-07-2004, 12:22 PM
My old HP came with two recovery discs. One had an image of the hard drive on it that you can restore, the other disc had drivers. You could try looking if you want.

peat moss
10-07-2004, 12:34 PM
I dont know, but I'd say 99% of the drivers one needs are on the net,
it is a matter of searching and finding.

Try Driverguide (http://www.driverguide.com/) ,
login = drivers
pword = all

It has a tons of drivers, and good links for manufacturer.
Its a bit better for older and rare hardware I think.
But thats where I go if I dont find drivers with Google
right away, he he.

:cool2:

Great place for drivers but it's now, DRIVER2 ALL

peat moss
10-07-2004, 12:37 PM

In device manager click on update drivers, with your sony disk in the cd drive. Then point to d:/ ,it should find them .

firefox
10-07-2004, 02:23 PM
Great place for drivers but it's now, DRIVER2 ALL
Wow it must have been a long time since I went to that site, did not know the username and password had changed, but thanks for the info because I do go there when I can not find a driver.

dsa16
10-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Also is there a way to reinstall the Audio and Legacy Codecs and that came with Windows.

dsa16
10-07-2004, 06:55 PM
In device manager click on update drivers, with your sony disk in the cd drive. Then point to d:/ ,it should find them .

I tried using this method but ended up finding nothing.
I guess I have install the Sony Backups and find out what device it is and then reintall Win XP Pro.

EDIT
The problem with drivers is fixed, I needed drivers for my memory stick drive.

But I still have a problem with sound, when I try to go to sound properties it doesn't open also I keep hearing the system beep everytime I play certain sounds.

peat moss
10-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Wow it must have been a long time since I went to that site, did not know the username and password had changed, but thanks for the info because I do go there when I can not find a driver.

Its funny it has changed twice in the last month, was driver1 . Now you get a nag screen with drivers & all , lest you register . The games some play. LOL

peat moss
10-07-2004, 11:23 PM
@dsa16, You should try installing from your sony cd first. You sound like you have everything there? Or try found new Hardware Wizard . See what that says .I know it should not be complicated, but you know computers, kidda like Murphy's Law.

dsa16
10-08-2004, 03:19 AM
@dsa16, You should try installing from your sony cd first. You sound like you have everything there? Or try found new Hardware Wizard . See what that says .I know it should not be complicated, but you know computers, kidda like Murphy's Law.

It's all cool now I reinstalled the sony backups and upgraded to Win XP pro.
Thanks for the help

dodgy368
10-09-2004, 08:30 PM
Try the driver toolkit, it'll find the drivers you need;
http://www.driverguidetoolkit.com/