PDA

View Full Version : Need help with paper

abu_has_the_power
10-07-2004, 11:05 PM
I have a comparison paper to do for my AP language and composition class (english), and i need some suggestions. I'm comparing marbles (like the glass balls) toelation (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=elation)
chessy, eh? not really my choice though. i need some ideas for how these 2 things can be compared. anything creative and fancy would be great!

here's what i came up with:
when you play with marbles:
-u want to collect them
-u brag to ur friends
-u want to win more
-reflects childhood
-purity of childhood (as fancy as possible)
-greed for other people's marbles
-yearn for more marbles
-u might steal some :bat:
-u want to compete to win more

those are some of the main themes that are related with marbles. i'm trying to write a paper that will relate these themes to elation. anyone have any ideas?

no, i'm asking for you guys to do my homework, but i need some ideas. one person can't have all the ideas in the world.

abu_has_the_power
10-08-2004, 12:17 AM
anyone?

DanB
10-08-2004, 12:18 AM
I used to play marbles at school if that helps

bujub22
10-08-2004, 12:20 AM
i still hav 2 big marbles :shifty:

Emdee
10-08-2004, 12:28 AM
Early form of gambling? :unsure:

abu_has_the_power
10-08-2004, 12:32 AM
i still hav 2 big marbles :shifty:
and i'm sure that they're very shiny.

how bout something helpful?

bujub22
10-08-2004, 12:34 AM
and i'm sure that they're very shiny.

how bout something helpful?
ok ok marbles were the first form of competion in 1940 i believe to be regnized around the world and to be telivisedalong with ping pong and something else i forgot!

abu_has_the_power
10-08-2004, 02:50 AM
this is not getting anywhere. ok. i'll just find something to rite about myself

motherflux
10-08-2004, 03:00 AM
the symbolism of marbles for elation is interesting.

the circle/sphere shape being a sign of wholeness, which is definitely present in moments of euphoria, coupled with the fact that marbles are usually filled with some sort of whimsical spray of colored glass that could be seen as an inner burst of happiness.
and they're shiny, just like me when I'm all super-duper happy :D

/me shines

maskawaih
10-08-2004, 03:02 AM

the circle/sphere shape being a sign of wholeness, which is definitely present in moments of euphoria, coupled with the fact that marbles are usually filled with some sort of whimsical spray of colored glass that could be seen as an inner burst of happiness.

/me shines
wow... nicely done. :01:

abu_has_the_power
10-08-2004, 11:37 AM

/me shines
that is what i'm looking for!! thanks a lot! you just made the topic for one more paragraph! thanks a lot!

now, more!

Cheese
10-08-2004, 12:13 PM
Would anyone like to do my homework for me?

I have to write a short story using analepsis and prolepsis. I'd prefer it if you'd print it out and post it to me so I don't have to bother printing it myself.

Thanks in advance.

DarthInsinuate
10-08-2004, 12:15 PM
analepsis - is that a form of rectal disfunction?

abu_has_the_power
10-08-2004, 12:19 PM
Would anyone like to do my homework for me?

I have to write a short story using analepsis and prolepsis. I'd prefer it if you'd print it out and post it to me so I don't have to bother printing it myself.

Thanks in advance.

if ur trying to be sarcastic, i'm not asking for someone to do my homework. i still have to write the essay, i just need someone to point me towards some good ideas

Cheese
10-08-2004, 12:23 PM
I also need to read Robinson Crusoe by next week.

Could someone read it for me, dress up as me and attend my seminar next week.

Thanks in advance.

Cheese
10-08-2004, 12:24 PM
analepsis - is that a form of rectal disfunction?
It'll probably be best if you don't write my story for me, it would probably get a bit gross.:shit:

manker
10-08-2004, 12:27 PM
It'll probably be best if you don't write my story for me, it would probably get a bit gross.:shit:

I'll do them for you Cheese, but could you please drive up to Pontypridd and pick up some papers for me. If you could also do the analysis while you're there it would save me being arsed myself. Thanks.

I've read Robinson Crusoe, btw. So that should save you a bit of time. We'll mind-meld later.

DanB
10-08-2004, 03:56 PM
Robinson Crusoe is a good book, I read it a few years back

manker
10-08-2004, 04:14 PM
I enjoyed it too, especially that part where Brooke Shields went swimming :01:

abu_has_the_power
10-08-2004, 08:31 PM
robinson has sparknotes u know