PDA

View Full Version : so, what do you guys think of....

cpt_azad
10-09-2004, 09:21 AM
the reserves? you know, armed forces (not full time). I'm thinking (contemplating, not really at the thinking part yet) of joining next summer (july 2005). The army reserves in particular. I know how much the Canadian military sucks but I really want to serve my country. So what do you guys think? My dad thinks its a great idea, something to do in the summer rite b4 school starts again (grade 12, finally, never thought high school would end), and i only have to go about 37 days a year (weekends). My moms iffy on it, she doesnt know what to say. I'm thinkin of the "Seaforth Highlanders Company". It's a rifle company in Vancouver (Burrard St. for those that live here, I live in Surrey so it's the closest one). Here's the site:

http://www.army.dnd.ca/seaforth_highlanders/

Suggestions?

*goddess*
10-09-2004, 09:23 AM
:( As a mum, I would have to say I wouldn't be keen on my kids possibly going off to war.

:) It is a good option tho, and certainly a lot better than being bored and getting into trouble.

Yogi
10-09-2004, 09:25 AM
What does Canada need an army for??? :blink:

As for myself: My serving my country was by not joining the army.

cpt_azad
10-09-2004, 09:26 AM
true, it's risky, but last time I checked, we're a peace keeping country, not the one that goes around invading ( :dry: ). and yes, it'll probably keep me busy (hopefully). turning 17 b4 i join (that is IF i join), so I'm covered. And since it's the reserves, I don't have to worry about going of to war or another country, unless WW3 or something REALLY FREAKING BIG HAPPENED. but even then, I'd accept it. My mom thinks exactly the same way as you, I suppose all mothers do, right?

cpt_azad
10-09-2004, 09:26 AM
What does Canada need an army for??? :blink:

:shifty:

oh crap, they're on to us :ph34r:

*goddess*
10-09-2004, 09:28 AM
:shifty:

oh crap, they're on to us :ph34r:

:lol:

;) Maybe running off to join the circus would be a better option.

cpt_azad
10-09-2004, 09:31 AM
:lol:

;) Maybe running off to join the circus would be a better option.

:blink: even I doubt that our armed forces are that bad....

brotherdoobie
10-09-2004, 09:34 AM
true, it's risky, but last time I checked, we're a peace keeping country, not the one that goes around invading ( :dry: ). and yes, it'll probably keep me busy (hopefully). turning 17 b4 i join (that is IF i join), so I'm covered. And since it's the reserves, I don't have to worry about going of to war or another country, unless WW3 or something REALLY FREAKING BIG HAPPENED. but even then, I'd accept it. My mom thinks exactly the same way as you, I suppose all mothers do, right?
Do what you feel is right for you. Speaking from personal experience, I would advise against it.

Try and avoid the possibility of war (even if it's slight) at all cost.
Then again...I suppose my experince with war shaped who I am.

Maybe...:(

Peace Paul

*goddess*
10-09-2004, 09:35 AM
:lol: I wasn't implying any such thing.

;) I just thought it might be a good place to hide if Yogi's onto ya.

:rolleyes: Then again, he'd be the first to go to the circus:lol:

cpt_azad
10-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Do what you feel is right for you. Speaking from personal experience, I would advise against it.

Try and avoid the possibility of war (even if it's slight) at all cost.
Then again...I suppose my experince with war shaped who I am.

Maybe...:(

Peace Paul

wow. which war did you go through (strictly out of curiosity, u don't have to answer it.)? I know that it's hella risky, and like I said, I'm contemplating it, and even if did want to join, I still have more than 9 months+ to change my decision. Thanks for the input, seems vague, but very very disturbing...

cpt_azad
10-09-2004, 09:37 AM
:lol: I wasn't implying any such thing.

;) I just thought it might be a good place to hide if Yogi's onto ya.

:rolleyes: Then again, he'd be the first to go to the circus:lol:

damnit, now I have to find a better hiding place :ph34r:

Yogi
10-09-2004, 09:38 AM
I am the circus, sweety!!! :01: :partytime:

*goddess*
10-09-2004, 09:42 AM
damnit, now I have to find a better hiding place :ph34r:

;) Exactly.

:) Maybe a poll to suggest possible places oh wait, that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it, lol.

:D My thoughts exactly Yogi:lol:

cpt_azad
10-09-2004, 09:44 AM
;) Exactly.

:) Maybe a poll to suggest possible places oh wait, that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it, lol.

:D My thoughts exactly Yogi:lol:

hmmmm, any mods on....

*goddess*
10-09-2004, 09:46 AM
:) Hopefully there will be soon, otherwise you'll just have to settle for my inane attempts:lol:

;) What do you think of Antarctica?? You could put on a tux and pretend to be a penguin:01:

brotherdoobie
10-09-2004, 09:50 AM
wow. which war did you go through (strictly out of curiosity, u don't have to answer it.)? I know that it's hella risky, and like I said, I'm contemplating it, and even if did want to join, I still have more than 9 months+ to change my decision. Thanks for the input, seems vague, but very very disturbing...
Panama. I served with the 10th Mountain Division as a machine gunner in an infantry squad. I was in Jungle traning school, when the initial invasion began.

Peace Paul

*goddess*
10-09-2004, 09:53 AM
:) There ya go azad, trust the voice of experience.

cpt_azad
10-10-2004, 11:31 AM
:) There ya go azad, trust the voice of experience.

noted. asked around in my family, my cousin's in the army, my uncle is in the air force, and so far 2 members have been through a war, The Gulf War (1992) and the recent war in Afghanistan, which would be my cousin, he's done his tour, he's back now. He says it's something you don't want to take lightly, definately not something you want to go into for fulltime unless you're absolutely positive about FULLTIME. he says reserves is an OK choice, but he doesn't recommend it.

Adster
10-10-2004, 01:18 PM
wel my eye sigh tis fucked im legally blind i wouldnt even pass the test for a start

adn now I woudl hate to be in the arm simply coz i hate being told what to do!!