PDA

View Full Version : Debating: Rules of Engagement

Everose
10-10-2004, 04:45 AM
Debate (http://members.aol.com/MacedonPg/tmaod.htm)

kAb
10-10-2004, 05:26 AM
that's really long, is it a satire or for serious?

Gripper
10-10-2004, 10:09 AM
Yeah that would be nice but I can't see it happening as sometimes its more fun to get down and dirty,as long as its not serious.

Rat Faced
10-10-2004, 02:57 PM
In this part of the forum, then these rules should be followed I think..

Pinning it, and changing the Topic Title to reflect the fact ;)

Nice one Everose :D

Everose
10-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Thank you RF. I meant to post it here first. Took me awhile to find it, but I really needed the guidance it gives. :)

lynx
10-11-2004, 03:37 PM
Can't help thinking there was one important bit missed out.

Don't post in particularly large, small or strange fonts. Large fonts are the equivalent of shouting, small/strange fonts can be hard to read. Any of these could easily be construed as rude. Given the font the article was set in, I doubt the author had given it much consideration.

thecreator89
10-12-2004, 08:31 PM
You do realize that most people will not read the article-- I for one tried to read it but I realized that I couldn not last.
A suggestion for the future-- please do not make us read-- make us think.
With all due respect--
Mark_IV

sArA
10-12-2004, 10:10 PM
I thought it was sensible and I think I pretty much follow those rules most of the time... :)

Although 'stfu you twat' :angry: :angry: :angry: just feels appropriate sometimes... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everose
10-12-2004, 10:28 PM
You do realize that most people will not read the article-- I for one tried to read it but I realized that I couldn not last.
A suggestion for the future-- please do not make us read-- make us think.
With all due respect--
Mark_IV

:D I don't think I could 'make' anyone do anything. I don't really like the title....RULES of Engagement. Tis more of a guidline, for me, more than anyone else. ;)

Please delete it if it is a bother or insult. I am going to be judging some high school debates and when I went looking for refresher courses, I found this.

I had no clue what IMO of IMHO meant . :P

Busyman
10-12-2004, 10:34 PM
I thought it was sensible and I think I pretty much follow those rules most of the time... :)

Although 'stfu you twat' :angry: :angry: :angry: just feels appropriate sometimes... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Couldn't have said it better although I prefer to say, "That statement contributes further into your idiocy."

I didn't read the link because frankly it's just too long for something too uninteresting. Sorry this section doesn't need such a thing. I need to see some color in my and other's posts and handcuffing it would make this section feel stuffed shirt boring.

So in conclusion....it's a shitty idea. :lol:

Everose
10-12-2004, 10:59 PM
:o Well, dammit. The one person I wanted to see it refuses to look!!!! :lol: