PDA

View Full Version : Problem to log in windows

Salajan
10-10-2004, 10:37 PM
Hey guys, i got a problem when i want to log in windows.
When i press Log In he go in windows ,then after 5 sec they show me Logging out... And i can't enter in Windows.Can some1 help me plz?
I try to enter in safe mode but same thing...
thx Salajan

100%
10-11-2004, 12:19 AM
sounds bad
I cant rememember which button it is but when you see the first screen (before windows)
keep pressing f6 orF8 or F9
with the right one it opens an option page (black)
which asks you how you want to start windows - ie start in last good configuration etc
try that

Salajan
10-11-2004, 12:55 AM
Hey dude, the key is F8, i tried was u told me "last know..." but it's the same thing.Can't enter in windows.
I have a question.Can i enter like in Ms-Dos or something when i start computer and delete the files with Accounts or something???

tesco
10-11-2004, 01:28 AM
at the login screen press alt+ctrl+del twice then type adminstrator for login and password is whatever you set it to during setup.

100%
10-11-2004, 02:09 AM
Try everything else before a repair install but dont start removing user profiles
to get into msdos i have to use the 6 startup disckettes from microsoft
at the end of the 6 - press R (for Repair) youll be put into msdos

Salajan
10-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Try everything else before a repair install but dont start removing user profiles
to get into msdos i have to use the 6 startup disckettes from microsoft
at the end of the 6 - press R (for Repair) youll be put into msdos
And after what i do in msdos? :))

100%
10-12-2004, 06:13 AM
Once in Msdos mode -
do the folllowing as it will check and fix your base startup

Start your PC with the 6 XP install disks. Select Repair ® option. Go to the DOS prompt. Type chkdsk /p /r + enter. When check disk is finished, type fixmbr + enter.
when finished, type exit and itll reboot

If this dont work

4.Now type "chkdsk /r" (space after Chkdsk without " ")and enter leave it to finish. Now restart by typing "exit" and press enter. It should work.

If it doesnt do steps 1-3 but on step 4 type "chkdsk /p" and enter. If it finishes. type "fixboot X:" (X being the drive letter windows is installed on, it's usually C, but sometimes it can be a virtual drive like E). Next press enter.

Finally type exit to restart. It should work.

100%
10-12-2004, 06:14 AM
do the folllowing as it will check and fix your base startup

Start your PC with the 6 XP install disks. Select Repair ® option. Go to the DOS prompt. Type chkdsk /p /r + enter. When check disk is finished, type fixmbr + enter.
when finished, type exit and itll reboot

If this dont work

4.Now type "chkdsk /r" (space after Chkdsk without " ")and enter leave it to finish. Now restart by typing "exit" and press enter. It should work.

If it doesnt do steps 1-3 but on step 4 type "chkdsk /p" and enter. If it finishes. type "fixboot X:" (X being the drive letter windows is installed on, it's usually C, but sometimes it can be a virtual drive like E). Next press enter.

Finally type exit to restart. It should work.

---------------------------------------------------------------
as for removing profiles etc via msdos - i wouldnt do it if you dont know which files have errors and you dont know the commmands etc - look on google for commands