PDA

View Full Version : Diskeeper 9.0 build 504

Wolfmight
10-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Diskeeper® 9.0 Professional Edition
Build 504

homepage: http://www.execsoft.co.uk/html/smb/diskeeper.htm

New version includes:

- High-speed defrag engine with I/O Smart™ technology provides undetectable background defragmentation.

- boosts system reliability and speed by optimizing your MFT size. (changes it to a recommended size.)

- New File Performance map showing your harddrive's speed

- Diskeeper Administrator Edition provides complete centralized management, including support for defragmentation via Active Directory group policies.

- (!Diskeeper Server Enterprise Edition!) Terabyte Volume Engine : the first defrag engine specially designed to defragment large enterprise-level servers.

- Status bar now shows the exact file or folder diskeeper is currently working with.

- Larger File Support (7gb+): Diskeeper 9 resolved the issue of ignoring large files and defrags them all with ease.

- Boot time defrag that works with files that are normally locked during windows usage. Speeds up your system boot.

Fore those of you that are new to Diskeeper, the program also includes:

- Patented high-speed multi-pass engine defragments files and free space on an ongoing basis, preventing fragmentation build-up.

- scheduling mode allows up to two schedules per volume, including Screen Saver and SmartScheduling modes.

- automatically schedules background defragmentation based on individual usage patterns.

Product Description: It’s not your imagination—computer systems really do slow down over time, and disk fragmentation is the cause. Disk fragmentation builds rapidly, causing system slowdowns, slow boot times, crashes, freeze ups, and even total system failures.

The only way to obtain full-throttle performance is to keep your systems defragmented. You can run yourself ragged manually defragmenting every workstation, desktop, laptop and server on a regular basis—or you can have the problem taken care of automatically with NEW Diskeeper 9!

With Diskeeper, you never need to worry about fragmentation-related slowdowns and crashes because Diskeeper handles the problem for you. Diskeeper 9 keeps your systems running as fast as they did when they were brand-new. No more running around—with Diskeeper,
you just “Set It and Forget It”®, and fragmentation goes
away forever!

My personal test:
After optimizing my MFT size, Defragging my disks, and running a bootime defrag. I've noticed an even faster system than before. I believe this new version sped up my computer to a greater rate than v8.0 would. The MFT optimization really helped my 200gb Documents drive.

AndrewBarker
10-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the info

Downloading now

peat moss
10-11-2004, 04:54 PM
Using pro 8. 478. Right now. It'S the first appy I install after working on friends computer's. This quote from that sites D/L section makes me wonder if I can try the trial? With out unistalling first.

Qoute : Welcome to our downloads section. Here you can download the most recent updates to Diskeeper®, Sitekeeper® and Undelete® and if you are not yet an owner of one of our award-winning products, give them a try! We offer free Trial versions of all of our software.

Wolfmight
10-12-2004, 02:36 AM
Using pro 8. 478. Right now. It'S the first appy I install after working on friends computer's. This quote from that sites D/L section makes me wonder if I can try the trial? With out unistalling first.

Qoute : Welcome to our downloads section. Here you can download the most recent updates to Diskeeper®, Sitekeeper® and Undelete® and if you are not yet an owner of one of our award-winning products, give them a try! We offer free Trial versions of all of our software.

It'd be better to uninstall before you upgrade... just in case.

peat moss
10-12-2004, 03:06 AM
It'd be better to uninstall before you upgrade... just in case.

Ya you probably right , I was more worried about the cracked version I had installed. That number # 8 version I mean ;)

BawA
10-12-2004, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the info, i wonder how would be the undectable Background proformence... wait, is that mean there will be no lagging problem or nobody will find that diskeeper is runing? :?

Edit:
Dude do you got crack for it?
Can u pm me, Pleeeeeeeeease

Edit: ohh fogot it doesnt need crack :lol:

{I}{K}{E}
10-12-2004, 09:41 AM
So this tool is for defragmenting files ?
Windows has such an option is this tool better? if so why?

BawA
10-12-2004, 01:02 PM
this is way better, much more options and fast also less resourcse killer

Wolfmight
10-12-2004, 01:21 PM
this is way better, much more options and fast also less resourcse killer
Yep, this program has more options for performance. I've noticed "fresh install" speeds with my file browseing after useing this. I've got tons of stuff on here too.

btw, there are professional copies that dont require a crack/serial on:
emule, suprnova

BawA
10-12-2004, 01:29 PM
i got it on suprnova, but wierd how it didnt ask for any seriel, if u download it from the site there r some packages i think the home use package it free.

{I}{K}{E}
10-12-2004, 02:23 PM
I got this message, anyone know what it means? :huh:

BawA
10-12-2004, 02:26 PM
Ok on your left panel click on setting and then config MFT/paging file.
do the rest config and u wont get that msg(depending on your MFT defreag level), that msg basicly telling u to defrag your MFT/paging file which helps you with better application lunching and boot time.

{I}{K}{E}
10-12-2004, 02:33 PM
Ok on your left panel click on setting and then config MFT/paging file.
do the rest config and u wont get that msg(depending on your MFT defreag level), that msg basicly telling u to defrag your MFT/paging file which helps you with better application lunching and boot time.

Thnx.

RealitY
10-12-2004, 03:38 PM
The oldr Diskeeper Ive seen have been FULL which may be like Corp with nothing needed.
As for comparison to Win defrag tool there is none...