PDA

View Full Version : Black line on printed pages

Smith
10-11-2004, 06:47 PM
i just got this old printer working on my comp. its a okidata OL 600e. its old but it does its job, even if it is in black and white.

but for some strange reason i keep getting this black ink line on the right side of the page when i print:

http://img22.exs.cx/img22/7769/DSCN7.jpg

any suggestions on how to fix this?

lynx
10-11-2004, 08:24 PM
It could simply be the toner cartridge needs shaking. If it has been sitting in one position for some time this can happen.

More likely though is that there is a problem with the transfer roller. It may simply need cleaning, but if it is anything more serious than that it is going to be expensive to fix. Take care to let everything cool down before you attempt repairs.

tesco
10-11-2004, 08:59 PM
I'd say it's the roller thing that moves the paper is all full of ink.

lynx
10-11-2004, 09:52 PM
I'd say it's the roller thing that moves the paper is all full of ink.It's a laser printer, they don't have ink. Toner powder is taken from the toner cartridge by static charge and transferred onto the paper by the transfer roller. If the transfer roller is dirty it can pick up a permanent static charge.

tesco
10-11-2004, 10:16 PM
It's a laser printer, they don't have ink. Toner powder is taken from the toner cartridge by static charge and transferred onto the paper by the transfer roller. If the transfer roller is dirty it can pick up a permanent static charge.
oh i thoguht it was one of those ribbon ones. Didn't really pay attention to the post. ;)