PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa's installed why won't it run??!

Madsonic36
10-11-2004, 08:13 PM
Just wondering if anyone can tell me why even though my Kazaa's installed it won't run..It's in the taskbar but crashes as soon as i click on it:dry: ..I've got SP2 and I've heard that it won't work with it..I'm running Windows XP Pro..Thanks!
Cath..Madsonic

natedogg
10-12-2004, 12:31 AM
nope won't work, get winmx

[Spam]
10-12-2004, 12:39 AM
I think you need the TCP/IP fix.

Or is it just a compatibility issue with SP2?

Madsonic36
10-12-2004, 01:31 AM
I'm on broadband and so is my other half, we both have XP with SP2, his works n mine won't, strange eh..;)

Mr. Blunt
10-12-2004, 03:35 AM
What Kazaa are you using?! There's so many released.

erRor67
10-12-2004, 06:01 AM
If you have K-Lite 2.6 and XP SP2, it wont work. Even with the patch mentioned above, it still doesnt work. Though I recommend you use that patch to open more connections for other programs. I sugest going back down to Kazaa Lite K++ or moving to another network. (Emule, Bit Torrent)

Madsonic36
10-12-2004, 07:42 AM
I've tried 2.4 and 2.6, they both do the same thing..This is a new PC and i've never had it on here but did on my old one and it worked with no problems, it's got me beat..lol

{I}{K}{E}
10-12-2004, 02:41 PM
If you cant fix it, then try using Bittorrent ;)

Madsonic36
10-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Did somebody mention a patch?..We've got 2 puters both with XP and both have SP2 on but mine won't run Kazaa lite which seems kinda odd to me..I've scanned for viruses and spies but there's nothing, I've cleaned everything and we've checked settings on both PC's to see what's different but can't see anything..It just crashes when i click on the icon on the taskbar..Now i'm really getting frustrated here..lol..:unsure:

oldjagman
10-13-2004, 01:52 PM
Are your comps networked? If not,as kl24 doesn't work, it is unlikely to be an SP problem.

If you are networked apply any patches until you find one that works.

When all else fails follow {I}{K}{E} s advice and go to Bittorrent.

natedogg
10-13-2004, 08:12 PM
if bittorrent don't work :lol: get winmx www.winmx.com

tonypisa
10-16-2004, 07:59 PM
Ok - I had the same problem - cleanKMD wouldn't load at all in XP Pro with SP2 (big mistake installing that).

I have since uninstalled the SP2 (you have to unclick the hide updates box in the control panel uninstall dialog). Now it loads fine BUT... it never connects. i just keep getting a connecting .... message iin the status box at the bottom.

Thing is I had an old version of Kazaa lite running fine.

Any helpful suggestions (spare me the "get WinMX"- used it for yearws but don't like it)

Vargas
10-16-2004, 08:02 PM
see the pinned topic (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=78109) or try this (http://snode.awardspace.com/snode.html)

Draconos
10-16-2004, 10:48 PM
how can you tell if you have SP2 on your system? the same problem happened to me, I got a virus fixed it then when I tryed to re-install KL it would start then crash. I then dl'd shareazaa but I'm not real happy with it. I got better time on Klite.

and

where can I dl an older version of klite. I still have the installer for 2.4.3 in my system. but if its the version thats the problem where can I get an older one. doing a search just gives me the pay kazaa sites

D

Vargas
10-17-2004, 10:53 AM
how can you tell if you have SP2 on your system?
"internet explorer>help>about" will show what version your OS is updated to

where can I dl an older version of klite. try here:
http://www.old-software.com/

erRor67
10-17-2004, 06:22 PM
EDIT: oops, was reading the first page when I posted. Anywayz, Clean Kazaa 2.6 and K-Lite 2.6 DOES NOT work with SP2. There isnt anything you can do about it, even the patch wont help. You can just go down to Kazaa Lite K++ or move to a new network.

Draconos
10-17-2004, 09:16 PM
Hi Vargas, thanks for Reply, I checked and I'm updated to SP1, and still it wont work, tried an older version, and the same thing happens. do you on any1 here have any idea what could be wrong?

the only solution I havnt tried is doing a clean sweep of my hard drive, I have so much stuff on here I dont want to lose. unless somebody knows of a way to reset my system without me loosing everything.

D

Vargas
10-17-2004, 10:02 PM
Hi Vargas, thanks for Reply, I checked and I'm updated to SP1, and still it wont work, tried an older version, and the same thing happens. do you on any1 here have any idea what could be wrong?

the only solution I havnt tried is doing a clean sweep of my hard drive, I have so much stuff on here I dont want to lose. unless somebody knows of a way to reset my system without me loosing everything.

D
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=884014&postcount=13

Draconos
10-19-2004, 04:48 PM
I've tried both those supernodes and the snode.reg save, still does the same thing. Is there some specific elements I need in my system that could have been destroyed by the virus I had to work Kazaa?

The message I get is : "KazaaLite.kpp has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

D

Vargas
10-19-2004, 05:04 PM
for that do a clean install (select delete old registry keys/settings in the setup)

flyby
10-22-2004, 04:31 AM
Use Resurrection!

http://www.filesharingplace.com/p2pclients.php