PDA

View Full Version : Bootable XP Disc

JunkBarMan
10-11-2004, 10:53 PM
I downloaded the
Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.Corporate.incl.SP2-FTFiSO[Filesharingtalk.com].bin
Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.Corporate.incl.SP2-FTFiSO[Filesharingtalk.com].cue
Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.Corporate.incl.SP2-FTFiSO[Filesharingtalk.com].nfo.
I unrared the bin and burned it to disc. Now why isn't this disc bootable, meaning, why doesn't it go into the windows setup when I turn my comp on? yes I do have the cd drive the first bootable device in my bios. What do I need to do to make this a bootable disc?

Smurfette
10-11-2004, 11:01 PM
What happens when you start the computer with this CD in the drive?

Virtualbody1234
10-11-2004, 11:05 PM
Did you burn the .bin file as data or as an image file?

The .cue file should launch the burning software to burn it the right way.

JunkBarMan
10-11-2004, 11:44 PM
@smurfette: nothing happens, it loads windows up normally. When I put the disc in the drive when windows is already loaded, the splash screen(if you call it that) comes up with the options of installing, checking system capatability, etc. etc. So the disc seems to be working right.

@Virtualbody1234 I haven't done it that way you are talking about, because I read the .nfo and it said to unrar and burn it to disc

"

º Installation notes.: º
º -------------------- º
º 1. Unrar (WinRAR 3 final) and burn with CDRwin/Discjuggler/Fireburner º
º 2. run setup.exe"

Also, when i used daemon tools and tried to cue it up, it gave me an error.
Any more thoughts?

{I}{K}{E}
10-12-2004, 12:02 AM
You should choose the .cue with your burning tool

tesco
10-12-2004, 12:10 AM
Go into nero and click recorder>burn image. Point to the .cue file and then burn teh cd. It adds all teh files and stuff which it takes out of the .bin file, and includes the boot info.

The .nfo file was wrong.

JunkBarMan
10-12-2004, 12:19 AM
Thanks everyone, that was actually a noobish question of me and I really don't know why I didn't know this all in the first place.
Anyways, the problem was with the .cue file it was pointing to the wrong path, for some reason it didn't have the [Filesharingtalk.com] in it. A little investing revealed this. Thanks again everyone.