PDA

View Full Version : MSN Getting Shutdown For A Week?

iMartin
10-12-2004, 01:52 AM
A couple of different friends have sent me this message...

We are very sorry for the problems that MSN are having but they will be fixed. MSN will shut down at 12:00 tonight for a week or so until we can figure out what has bein goin on. Please send this once again to atleast 25 people it doesn't matter if they are the same people just do it so that we will not shut your account down.

Now I seriously think it's fake, but it was quite a coincident that three totally different people on my list sent me that message. And one friend swears to God that it's true. Can anyone confirm this? I don't think I can go a day, let alone a week without my precious MSN.

:unsure:

natedogg
10-12-2004, 02:00 AM
they wouldint do that, in yahoo i get tons of messages that they will charge for it and stuff so dont belive it if they have a message on there website

iMartin
10-12-2004, 02:02 AM
Dear God I hope not.

tesco
10-12-2004, 02:16 AM
That message doesn't even sound professional.

Besides, the problems are already fixed. :blink:

not to mention microsoft wouldn't make a chain letter they'd make a newsletter that they send to every .net passport user.

iMartin
10-12-2004, 02:17 AM
That message doesn't even sound professional. Not to mention microsoft wouldn't make a chain letter they'd make a newsletter that they send to every .net passport user.

Exactly what I was thinking, I just needed some feedback.

TheKiler
10-12-2004, 03:13 AM
Yes, I've gotten a dialog saying MSN will be shutdown at 12:00 PM PST for maintaince. Your messages will not be sent until issues are resolved.

Mr. Blunt
10-12-2004, 03:33 AM
We are very sorry for the problems that MSN are having but they will be fixed. MSN will shut down at 12:00 tonight for a week or so until we can figure out what has bein goin on. Please send this once again to atleast 25 people it doesn't matter if they are the same people just do it so that we will not shut your account down.
Just by reading that part, you could probably tell it's a fake.

I get these all the time on Yahoo! Messenger.

jonathan_tijuana
10-12-2004, 03:40 AM
If that was true they would send that message to everyone. ;)

Filliz
10-12-2004, 06:03 AM
Just by reading that part, you could probably tell it's a fake.

I get these all the time on Yahoo! Messenger.

Yep.
That's exactly the thing that gives away that it is a fake.

peat moss
10-13-2004, 12:34 AM
Yep.
That's exactly the thing that gives away that it is a fake.

Dam here I'am thinking ,I have my computer to my self for a whole week! :(

dinner123
10-13-2004, 06:46 PM
This is total crap. Mess.be have but a story up, telling people to ignore these kind of messages.

TheRealDave
10-13-2004, 07:02 PM
the "pass this on to 10 people or you will have bad luck forever" messages are more believable :P