PDA

View Full Version : Bush Vs. Kerry I I I: Takedown

Busyman
10-13-2004, 01:11 PM
It's on tonight!!! I'm about excited as a 90 year-old man's hard-on (with no boner pills). :dry:

It will focus on domestic issues.

Let's hope this moderator can make Bush follow the rules and Tree Bark can stop being such a stuffed shirt. :D

Illuminati
10-13-2004, 01:11 PM
What I'd love to see is if Bush is doing his Quasimodo impression again... ;)

Yogi
10-13-2004, 03:01 PM
What I'd love to see is if Bush is doing his Quasimodo impression again... ;):lol: :lol: :lol:

BigBank_Hank
10-13-2004, 03:08 PM
After yesterdays little performance I wonder if tonight he’ll promise he can turn water into wine.

vidcc
10-13-2004, 03:13 PM
After yesterdays little performance I wonder if tonight he’ll promise he can turn water into wine.
Who...kerry or bush?

{I}{K}{E}
10-13-2004, 03:13 PM
I dont understand why so many american people watch this 'debate', It's not even a debate because both already know what they are going 2 say. the only reason why I would see it is 2 check if Bush is still Wired :lol:

BigBank_Hank
10-13-2004, 03:22 PM
Who...kerry or bush?

Article (http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3620323)

Yogi
10-13-2004, 03:24 PM
You are right Ike, it is one big show.

But it may influence the outcome of the election, wich makes it an important show.

I am just surprised by a president basically saying nothing and his opponent never

saying something about that.

Busyman
10-13-2004, 03:24 PM
I dont understand why so many american people watch this 'debate', It's not even a debate because both already know what they are going 2 say. the only reason why I would see it is 2 check if Bush is still Wired :lol:
Pure entertainment my man...pure entertainment.

It's not like I don't already know that I'm voting for Kerry....that unless he's says something profoundly crazy...and even then.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

vidcc
10-13-2004, 03:28 PM
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushquiz.htm

take this loyalty to bush test...i don't expect any suprises :lol:

Yogi
10-13-2004, 03:29 PM
Why is ralph nader excluded from these debates???

Imho he is the only one making any sense at all.

vidcc
10-13-2004, 03:39 PM
Article (http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3620323)So you have no faith in medical science?.... the people that brought you cures for life destroying illnesses and injury?

I believe the words used were
The Kerry team has repeatedly promised that it would allow stem cell research if in power, opening the way for potential cures for diseases it doesn't say HE will find the cure..he says he will allow research that may find a cure.

At least he is allowing more hope for a cure, bush is promising to restrict hope

Tell me.... when you get seriously sick do you take medicine or pray?

BigBank_Hank
10-13-2004, 03:52 PM
I believe the words used were it doesn't say HE will find the cure..he says he will allow research that may find a cure.

Vice-presidential hopeful John Edwards has sparked a row by claiming that under a John Kerry administration “people like Christopher Reeve will get up out of that wheelchair and walk again”.

Could have fooled me.

vidcc
10-13-2004, 04:04 PM
Could have fooled me.
o......k.......:rolleyes:

well by that standard...Bush will cure aids worldwide :rolleyes:

Although he won't because they insist on trying to teach safe sex and not just abstinance :rolleyes: the sinners

Rat Faced
10-13-2004, 04:04 PM
Tell me.... when you get seriously sick do you take medicine or prey?

What has hunting got to do with getting well?
:blink:

Busyman
10-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Could have fooled me.
Oh goodness gracious. I'm going to vomit. :sick:

vid why bother? Really. :huh:
You are wasting your time and it's not even entertaining anymore. :(

vidcc
10-13-2004, 04:08 PM
What has hunting got to do with getting well?
:blink:
:lol::lol: :lol:

BigBank_Hank
10-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Apparently neither vid nor Busyman read the quote from Edwards. Lets look at the whole thing once more:

Vid said:
I believe the words used were it doesn't say HE will find the cure..he says he will allow research that may find a cure.

Edwards said:
Vice-presidential hopeful John Edwards has sparked a row by claiming that under a John Kerry administration “people like Christopher Reeve will get up out of that wheelchair and walk again”.

vidcc
10-13-2004, 04:49 PM
ok hank.... bush said..."he (we) will win this war on terror"

give me a date....will there be no terrorists within the next 4 years?

What was said in the same paragraph as your "quote"?

I appreciate the lightheartedness of your original post but the follow up seems to be far more set.

ahctlucabbuS
10-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Please complete both the subject and message fields. Press the back button, correct the problem and try again.
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters.
-- For no apparent reason...

Rat Faced
10-13-2004, 04:58 PM
Bush said:

God told me to strike at Al Qaeda and i struck them. And then he told me to strike at Saddam, which i did.

So does he hear voices? Or is it a burning Bush? Maybe a direct line, much like the one to the Kremlin?

Bush also said:

If the Iraqi regime were disarming, we would know it, because we would see it. Iraq's weapons would be presented to inspectors, and the world would witness their destruction. Instead, with the world demanding disarmament, and more than 200,000 troops positioned near his country, Saddam Hussein's response is to produce a few weapons for show, while he hides the rest and builds even more.

We know he was wrong...its in the past.

How do you know that Kerry is wrong.. (not about the specifics, Mr Reeves is obviously beyond help, but people that are in his condition). There have been huge strides in Medical Technology/Knowledge in the last few years, most Dr's would probably say that the statement is not beyond the bounds of belief.

{I}{K}{E}
10-13-2004, 05:07 PM
I don't know who I voted for if I lived in the USA. But I notice that non-americans all wanna vote against bush because they know his 'lies' etc... so thats the reason they wanna vote for Kerry but the truth is they only vote for the name and not his words/actions :unsure:

Rat Faced
10-13-2004, 05:09 PM
I don't know who I voted for if I lived in the USA. But I notice that non-americans all wanna vote against bush because they know his 'lies' etc... so thats the reason they wanna vote for Kerry but the truth is they only vote for the name and not his words/actions :unsure:

Exactly IKE... there comes a time when "The Devil You Know" cannot be made any worse...

From what I see of Kerry, im not impressed... but like most of the worlds population, its a case of "Anythings better than Bush" :(

Busyman
10-13-2004, 06:15 PM

I appreciate the lightheartedness of your original post but the follow up seems to be far more set.

Vid please man don't indulge him.

Either Hank is stupid or is feigning stupidity. Either way no one's falling for it. :dry:

BigBank_Hank
10-13-2004, 06:37 PM

What the hell does stem cell research have to do with the war on terror? Edwards made a ridiculous statement you made a lame excuse to defend it, I nailed you on it and now you’re trying to change the subject.

And on the war on terror time frame: That question is impossible to answer.

Biggles
10-13-2004, 06:50 PM
What the hell does stem cell research have to do with the war on terror? Edwards made a ridiculous statement you made a lame excuse to defend it, I nailed you on it and now you’re trying to change the subject.

And on the war on terror time frame: That question is impossible to answer.

I thought Vidcc was countering one vague promise with another.

Incidently, and shoot me down if I am wrong, I could have sworn I saw GW a little while ago say the war against terror was never going to be totally winable. Is this Flop Flipping? :shifty:

Busyman
10-13-2004, 07:09 PM
I thought Vidcc was countering one vague promise with another.

Incidently, and shoot me down if I am wrong, I could have sworn I saw GW a little while ago say the war against terror was never going to be totally winable. Is this Flop Flipping? :shifty:
Stop it please stop it!!! :lol: :lol:

vidcc
10-13-2004, 07:18 PM

And on the war on terror time frame: That question is impossible to answer.no hank you didn't "nail me".....you just picked up one soundbite from a "quote" written in a newspaper without the whole context.

all i did was put the same standard to a "bush issue"

Busyman
10-13-2004, 07:20 PM
no hank you didn't "nail me".....you just picked up one soundbite from a "quote" written in a newspaper without the whole context.

vid you need to STFU!!!
Bush was told these things by the Lord so wtf are you applying "standards" for?

vidcc
10-13-2004, 07:29 PM
vid you need to STFU!!!
Bush was told these things by the Lord so wtf are you applying "standards" for?:lol:
I don't believe in the "lord" so i don't believe Bush gets "hints" from him.

I refuse to diminish hank for his views ....... the crazy republican:rolleyes:

BigBank_Hank
10-13-2004, 07:40 PM

Bush doesn’t run around and say that the war will be over in four years. He has always said from the beginning that this was going to be a long and tough fight and we’ll keep fighting it until we win. If you were to try and put a time frame on something like this you would misunderestimate the whole war on terror.

I refuse to diminish hank for his views ....... the crazy republican

Thanks for that :cool:

ruthie
10-13-2004, 07:43 PM
What happened to Mission Accomplished? ROFL

vidcc
10-13-2004, 07:45 PM
Bush doesn’t run around and say that the war will be over in four years. He has always said from the beginning that this was going to be a long and tough fight and we’ll keep fighting it until we win. If you were to try and put a time frame on something like this you would misunderestimate the whole war on terror.

there you have my point.... i used Bush's exact words..."we will win" applying the same statndard used on Edward's "exact" words. if you take a snippet from a whole speech you can suggest they said anything

What's good for one has to be good for the other.

Busyman
10-13-2004, 08:28 PM
:lol:
I don't believe in the "lord" so i don't believe Bush gets "hints" from him.

I refuse to diminish hank for his views ....... the crazy republican:rolleyes:
Okayyyy don't you diminish them.

Some folks diminish themselves. ;)

...and that's as obvious their posts.

When confronted with same or like clips or snippets they have nothing to say.

Busyman
10-13-2004, 08:31 PM

Thanks for that :cool:

Bush has also said that we could not win the war on terror. That is fact.

What now?

Rat Faced
10-13-2004, 08:34 PM
Bush has also said that we could not win the war on terror. That is fact.

What now?

You can increase it though...

He's been very successful at that ;)

BigBank_Hank
10-13-2004, 08:36 PM
He did say that. The very next day he came out and clarified exactly what he meant.

Busyman
You can increase it though...

He's been very successful at that ;)
Queue

High winds and tumbleweed

Frogs burping, crickets chirping

;)

DanB
Which was he could win?

Busyman
10-13-2004, 08:38 PM
He did say that. The very next day he came out and clarified exactly what he meant.

Hmm you mean flip flopping.

When one says we can't win.

Then says we can then those are total opposites. :blink:

"Did you kill him"

"Why yes, yes I did"

Later on

"I really meant no, no I didn't"

Sit down

Rat Faced
10-13-2004, 08:40 PM
If making the enemy stronger is a win... why not just sell them the weapons to start with?

Oh, wait a minute...

BigBank_Hank
10-13-2004, 08:45 PM
He said that the war wasn’t winnable. He clarified by saying that this war isn’t winnable like any other war that we have been in before. The only way we will know that this war is over is when terrorism ceases to exist. It won’t be like any other war where leaders sit down and sign a treaty that officially ends it. This isn’t a conventional war.

Busyman
10-13-2004, 08:47 PM
He said that the war wasn’t winnable. He clarified by saying that this war isn’t winnable like any other war that we have been in before. The only way we will know that this war is over is when terrorism ceases to exist. It won’t be like any other war where leaders sit down and sign a treaty that officially ends it. This isn’t a conventional war.
So basically he said, "We can't win."

Cool I gotcha. ;) Nowwwww I finally get it.

Mr. Hank can you repeat that louder into the mic? :rolleyes:

BigBank_Hank
10-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Basically he said we couldn’t win this war like a conventional war.

Rat Faced
10-13-2004, 08:51 PM
Basically he said we couldn’t win this war like a conventional war.

Like a Conventional War... so, you mean with Armies and stuff?

Yogi
10-13-2004, 08:53 PM
War on terror.

The whole phrase is of the same depth we know from Bush.

Hollow retoric.

We will prevail!!!!!

http://www.thejokefactory.org/JF_pictures/Pictures_by_date/2003/04_Apr_03/If_Iraq_wins/If%20Iraq%20wins%203.jpg

Yeah, sure.................

yogi

justin_9733
10-13-2004, 09:19 PM
Your score is 0 on a scale of 1 to 10. You hate Bush with a writhing passion. You think he is an idiot, a liar, and a warmonger who has been a miserable failure as president. Nothing would give you greater pleasure than seeing him run out of the White House, except maybe seeing him dragged away in handcuffs.

Busyman
10-14-2004, 02:04 AM
The dumbest shit I've heard this debate...:angry:

"The best way to protect people from guns is to prosecute those who commit crimes with guns"

President Bush

Translation:

The best way to protect you from guns is to prosecute those who've already killed someone.

Further translation:

If prosecute the terrorists after they shoot you, you'll be protected.

SHHHUUUTTT TTHHHE FFFUUUUCKKKK UUUPPP!!!

DirtyDan
10-14-2004, 02:34 AM
Bush can be an idiot but atleast he seems credible and realistic. Kerry just exploits himself to anyone and everyone he can, and makes a lot of empty promises. I think either one would do just as well in the White House next term, its just Kerry's will waste the American people's time and his integrety as a person is more shallow than anyone to ever run for president.

Busyman
10-14-2004, 02:43 AM
Bush can be an idiot but atleast he seems credible and realistic. Kerry just exploits himself to anyone and everyone he can, and makes a lot of empty promises. I think either one would do just as well in the White House next term, its just Kerry's will waste the American people's time and his integrety as a person is more shallow than anyone to ever run for president.
Sorry dude but I rather try to influence someone who is at a crossroads than a person who's going the wrong way and refuses to ask for directions.

Action is great if it's the right one.
The wrong one can damn us all.

This is the first President that folks give excuses for his stupidity.

His leadership is only as profound as the fact that he is a Republican President thus Republicans push for him.

This is not a President we can get behind because he's trying to get behind us and bend us over.
;)

Rat Faced
10-14-2004, 07:37 PM
Hank?

Im still waiting....

bigboab
10-16-2004, 07:39 PM
Subject: The Kittens
George Bush is taking a stroll around Capitol Hill with a senior member
of Congress when he meets a little girl carrying a small basket with a
blanket over it. Curious, he says to the girl, "What's in the basket?".
She replies;"New baby kittens" and opens the basket to show him.
"How nice" said Bush. " What kind are they?".
The little girl says, "Republicans." Bush smiles and pats the little girl on the head and they continue on.
About three weeks later, he and another Congressional colleague are
again strolling around Capitol Hill when he sees the little girl again with
the same basket. Bush says to his colleague, "Watch this, it's very cute" and they approach the little girl. Bush asks the girl how the kittens are and she says fine.
He then says, "What kind of kittens are they?"
and she replies,"Democrats".
Somewhat abashed, Bush says, "Three weeks ago you said they were Republicans!"
"I know," she says." But now their eyes are open." :unsure:

As a way of a disclaimer may I say that I do not align myself with any three of the two parties involved.:blink: