PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Something By Mistake.

Skydragon
10-13-2004, 08:55 PM
I accidentally deleted the desktop quick link icon on the bottom left hand corner and now I can't get it back. =\ I try to go to my desktop and create a shortcut there. It works but it looks different because instead of taking me to the actual real desktop, it opens up another window called desktop. I also try to system restore back to last month, but the quick lunch is still not there. Is there a way to retrieve it back?

spirex
10-13-2004, 10:19 PM
Right click on the icon and click on properties. If it says "C:\Documents and Settings\..." then its wrong. Go to your windows directory and in the system32 folder, check to see if you have a "Show Desktop" file. If you do check to see if it works and make a shortcut to the desktop and then drag it in to the toolbar.

tesco
right click task bar>toolbars>quick launch.

That what you mean?

4play
creat a new shortcut with "C:\Documents and Settings\Show Desktop.scf" as the location.

Skydragon
10-13-2004, 10:57 PM
Right click on the icon and click on properties. If it says "C:\Documents and Settings\..." then its wrong. Go to your windows directory and in the system32 folder, check to see if you have a "Show Desktop" file. If you do check to see if it works and make a shortcut to the desktop and then drag it in to the toolbar.

I can't check the properties of the icon because the icon doesn't appear anymore, but i did check once and it say C:\Documents and Settings\... I don't see it in the system32 folder.

right click task bar>toolbars>quick launch.

That what you mean?

Yes.

creat a new shortcut with "C:\Documents and Settings\Show Desktop.scf" as the location.

I can't, because it will say it cannot be found or something.

tesco
10-13-2004, 10:58 PM
So the problem is solved then? :unsure:

Skydragon
10-13-2004, 11:36 PM
no i still don't have my desktop icon back.

Emdee
10-13-2004, 11:41 PM
Try this. (http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_showdesktop.htm)

Skydragon
10-14-2004, 12:03 AM
WOW! thanks Emdee, It worked. Also i thank the other 3 people that try to help me out. :)

Emdee
10-14-2004, 12:04 AM
np. Glad you're up n running again. :)