PDA

View Full Version : Problem Opening And Installing Some Programs

dOomed
10-14-2004, 10:46 PM
For some reason, every single time I try to Open up Limewire, I get this "Microsoft Word 2000 Windows Installer" pop up window that says "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Word 2000." I dont know why im gettin this message. I press cancel and it keeps popping up, so I have to "End Task." I tried re-installing Limewire and I get the same pop up even while installing it. Ive also had this same problem with another program, but I no longer need it or use it so I got rid of it. What can be causing this?

tesco
10-14-2004, 10:48 PM
Try going into word 2000 and se eif it does that. Maybe after isntalling it won't come up with other prorgams?

also what OS is it?

dOomed
10-14-2004, 11:39 PM
Im using XP. I just "half solved" the problem. I downloaded the program Ashampoo so that I can delete all the unneccesary files from my PC. Well now, I no longer get the pop up error. I click on the program and It loads up but doesnt start. I mean ... the Limewire Logo Screen loads up but the program doesnt run/start.

manker
10-15-2004, 12:08 AM
I used to get that problem a lot on this PC with the legit MS package that came with it when I bought it. Cleaning out the registry didn't solve my problem tho'

Curiously the only thing that did sort it out was when I installed a pirated version of Office 2003 :D

Wrt to your current problem of Limewire not running, I'd suggest uninstalling it, running AShampoo again, then re-installing Limewire.

peat moss
10-15-2004, 03:03 AM
I used to get that problem a lot on this PC with the legit MS package that came with it when I bought it. Cleaning out the registry didn't solve my problem tho'

Curiously the only thing that did sort it out was when I installed a pirated version of Office 2003 :D

Wrt to your current problem of Limewire not running, I'd suggest uninstalling it, running AShampoo again, then re-installing Limewire.

Manker , my P2P at the moment is Limewire Pro . Have you tryed winupdate ? So many critcal updates for Ms office programs right right now , it's pathetic! :dry:

natedogg
10-15-2004, 03:36 AM
limewire sucks get winmx ;)

Smurfette
10-15-2004, 04:07 AM
They both suxx0r ;)
Get NBP! :D