PDA

View Full Version : .RAR password cracks.

Lyrok
10-15-2004, 08:40 PM
Ok, I downloaded a movie and it was rar'ed

It is password protected but I don't have the damn thing.

Is there a way I can crack it open?

Thanks in advance.

4play
10-15-2004, 08:56 PM
yes there are password crackers but generally people now use long passwords which would take way too long.

is there a txt, nfo file or even a web address in the file name. if so go to the site and see if they have the password.

Lyrok
10-15-2004, 09:06 PM
It's in another language...the web site.

Which probably means that the file is in another language as well...damn.

Hunted
10-15-2004, 09:06 PM
Where can you get them?

{I}{K}{E}
10-15-2004, 09:11 PM
http://www.rarpasswordcracker.com/

Lyrok
10-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Thanks but it won't let me crack pw with more than 3 characters with the trial version...anyway to get around this?

vampiro
10-15-2004, 10:57 PM
find a crack for the password cracker to make it full

Joakim Agren
10-15-2004, 11:13 PM
Hello!

Can you tell us the name of that movie file and also the address to that website that is to the release group?.

Most often you would not need to bother with a password cracker because the password is almost always either included in the nfo or txt file that you can open in Note Pad and have a look or the password simply is the address to the website itself without the http:// part, for instance a music album I just downloaded (Future Trance Volume 29 http://mirror2.ge-server.to/index.php?module=mp3s&action=view&id=3395) had the following password www.goldesel.6x.to (http://www.goldesel.6x.to/) which is a german release site for ed2k stuff. When I opened the archive in Winrar I saw several address alternatives written in the right window pane so I descided to simply have a visit to one of those addresses and then on that website looked up my file and there I saw the password info in english that said that the address above was the correct password. The other addresses that was in the archive pointed to the same site. Why there where several addresses I dont know but probably because they want you to visit their site and have a look there. Thats the only reason I can think of to password protect P2P content to force people to visit the site it was released to so that you dont just have to use the P2P client alone but also visit the site!. If you ask me I think this is a little childlish and has only recently become a trend and I guess we will be seeing more of it in the future!.

Lyrok
10-15-2004, 11:48 PM
ReservoirDogs_by_al-taa_for_[www.saugsektor.dl.am]

the info and movie are all in the zip.

I did visit the site but couldnt navigate becuase of the language barrier.

Thanks for the answers...

Lyrok
10-15-2004, 11:52 PM
! C:\Documents and Settings\\Desktop\Movies\ReservoirDogs_by_al-taa_for_[www.saugsektor.dl.am].rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file ReservoirDogs_by_al-taa_for_[www.saugsektor.dl.am]\LESEN_WICHTIG.txt (wrong password ?)
! C:\Documents and Settings\\Desktop\Movies\ReservoirDogs_by_al-taa_for_[www.saugsektor.dl.am].rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file ReservoirDogs_by_al-taa_for_[www.saugsektor.dl.am]\ReservoirDogs_by_al-taa_for_[www.saugsektor.dl.am].mpg (wrong password ?)
! C:\Documents and Settings\\Desktop\Movies\ReservoirDogs_by_al-taa_for_[www.saugsektor.dl.am].rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file ReservoirDogs_by_al-taa_for_[www.saugsektor.dl.am]\www.saugsektor.dl.am.url (wrong password ?)

thats the errors that I get.

erRor67
10-16-2004, 12:08 AM
The thing is all the password cracks use the brute force method. That is, they try ALL possible combinations till one works. And if the key is huge, its going to take a looooooooooooooong time. And if your computer is slow, even longer. In fact, i recently downloaded a soundtrack and it was password protected. I tried using the cracks, but after the first hour I gave up. >_> Then I went back to suprnova, looked at the torrent i got, and when i hovered my mouse over the link, a small text box came up saying the password is the web site's addresss. So yeah, i typed that in and it work. Try doing that. Try typing anything related to those who reased it and go from there. otherwize, you have to do the brute force method, and its going to take awhile.

Lyrok
10-16-2004, 02:32 AM
I have tried everything.

damn.

but thanks for the reply.