PDA

View Full Version : Nero Copying DVD's

dmorgan89
10-16-2004, 02:20 AM
I have a question about Nero's capability of copying DVD's. I have a friend who has told me that he will go out and rent a dvd from a video store and just use nero to copy from dvd to dvd-r. He says that Nero just makes an image of the file and then he puts in the dvd-r and it burns. Now when I do that it gives me a Copyright error and says I can't do it because it has a copyright protection. Is there a plugin to fix this or what? I'm running the latest version of Nero. Or is this guy just shittin me?

tesco
10-16-2004, 03:24 AM
It is possible to do but not with rented dvds or boguht ones. you need to isntall a program like anydvd (i think that's the name :unsure: ) to unlock the protection then you can copy it. :)

Smurfette
10-16-2004, 05:27 AM
It is possible to do but not with rented dvds or boguht ones. you need to isntall a program like anydvd (i think that's the name :unsure: ) to unlock the protection then you can copy it. :)

Not only that, but he'll have to use Nero's Recode utility, DVDShrink, DVDCopy, DVDX-Copy or anything similar to squish a DVD9 release so it'll fit on DVD5 recordable media.
Although double-layer DVD9 recordable media are available, they're a bit expensive at the moment.

fkdup74
10-16-2004, 04:05 PM
he could probably get away with just dvd shrink
it can rip & recode, remove the macrovision, region, etc.
and its re-authoring is nice
i like it better than dvd decrypter, but thats just personal preference
and any ISO burning app will most likely do,
as dvd shrink can create an ISO :P
(thats if you dont like the bulkiness of nero)

{I}{K}{E}
10-16-2004, 04:29 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=62423