PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Screensaver

footballmad
03-26-2003, 02:17 PM
I dl (from the net and also kazaa) the matrix code emulator screensaver and unzipped it.When I right click on desktop I can see it in screensaver properties and can preview it no problem.The problem is after I have clicked apply and ok and the window closes , when I re-open it "none" is selected.I have never had a problem with screensavers before.
Any suggestions?
BTW I have xp pro(from kazaa)

100%
03-26-2003, 05:24 PM
All screen savers or .scr
are in
C:\WINDOWS\system32
so just dump it there
most .scr you simply right click and it should say Install

Concerning the matrix.scr - i tried it several times but it didnt seem to work with XPpro
so i gave up.

footballmad
03-27-2003, 02:20 PM
Yeah I did all that and it still doesn't work must be xp pro.
Thanks anyway B)

Wizzandabe
03-27-2003, 04:13 PM
Xp is a bit differnet. Go on to display and get the name of a screansaver the go on 'find' and put the name of it in the search box, it will then look for it. when it finds it look at the location and put it in there.

probaly,

1. c:\windows
2. c:\windows\system
3. c:\windows\system32

footballmad
03-27-2003, 09:55 PM
Did that too but it never "saves" it to memory in display properties.
As I said after i apply and ok and then re-open properties it always says none.
What a load of hassle just for a screensaver.

aNiZeGuy
03-28-2003, 08:58 PM
matric screensaver is mant to have a virus ( has been put in by ppl ) ;)

winXPHE
03-29-2003, 03:34 PM
im on winXP Pro n i got the matrix code screensaver n it works just fine.
instead of downloading crap fm Kazaa, get the real thing fm the official site.go to the matrix site, u can find the screensaver there.
just download ONLY those retail n other pay version softwares. dont waste ur time on downloading freeware fm kazaa
cheers :P

"The Avatar Man"
03-29-2003, 03:37 PM
you can also get a kickass matrix screensaver at http://www.uselesscreations.com

[B][O][T]
03-29-2003, 04:23 PM
@Master YodaX

That one is neat, I've always wanted a screensaver just like that one!

BOT

footballmad
03-29-2003, 05:24 PM
Still no luck installing this. :angry:

I'm sure there is no virus in this one but others I have dl from kazaa have had virii but I scan EVERYTHING and my AV always lets me know ,sometimes before I have finished dling.These pll who put it there are mindless twats!

@ winXPHE I have also dl from the official site and it doesn't work.

@ yoda Already had that one but don't like the advert crap(and I'm too tight to pay for a screensaver)

Thanks guys

100%
03-29-2003, 10:28 PM
BY the way ScreeSavers REALLY suck CPU, i generally use the smallest or simply turn off monitor issue- it slows down rendering of movies etc.

Footballmad
In relation to Yodaz matrix (niiiice)
yes the commecercials REALLLLLLY suk
Get EXESCOPE (or any other hex editor-free...)
open the .scr to the Bitmap line
export the commercials and replace them with the same color what is around the text
(in matrix its green) or make the bitmap 0.0001mm big
import
est voila
you just "fixed" your first program
personalise any others
enjoy

Blaster.Master
05-06-2003, 07:36 PM
i&#39;m still looking for the perfect matrix screen saver, the one from www.ChaosSoft.com is pretty nice but that&#39;s not the real code. i belive that something made with Flash amimation will look better. <_<

nizers
05-07-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by "The Avatar Man"@29 March 2003 - 16:37
you can also get a kickass matrix screensaver at http://www.uselesscreations.com
i can&#39;t get that thing to run smooth for anything. i even DL&#39;d the latest driver for my graphics card. Does anybody know of any graphics related tweaks?? Maybe upping the amount of RAM assigned to my card? I think i&#39;ll post this in another post by itself to get more responses.

Blaster.Master
05-09-2003, 12:20 AM
My Webpage (http://www.meticulous-software.co.uk/)i just found a good matrix screen saver