PDA

View Full Version : My PC keeps shuting down

n18
10-16-2004, 03:54 PM
after a few minutes i get a window saying windows will shut down in 1 minute

this is after formating my hd, and installing Verizon DSL software. formated

it say: this shhutdown was initiated by NT authority/System

Meggage: The system processs C:windows/system32/lsass.exe terminated unexpectedly with status code 1073741819. the system will now studown and restard

herlp

phew barely managed to sumibt thread, before my pc shutdown had 1 second left :P...But damn what the hell. I'll try formating again.

tesco
10-16-2004, 03:57 PM
when you get the message quickly go to start>run>type 'shutdown -a' and the shutdown will stop.

This is a virus you have. Go to windowsupdate.com and get all of the latest updates. Then download and isntall a good av like NOD32 or Kaspersky and sca. Delete any virus files.

btw, the shutdown will only happen while online, so you can scan with teh internet disconnected.

oh ya and none of this would have happened if you used a good up-todate firewall.

RPerry
10-16-2004, 04:31 PM
if that's our good old blaster virus, the xp firewall will block it until you can download a removal tool, and get your updates ;)

n18
10-16-2004, 05:22 PM
how can i get a virus after formatting and only installing windows & dsl oh well :o, ill do an updateand scan for viruses asap tho.

orcutt989
10-16-2004, 05:40 PM
It might not be the blaster worm, because i had this problem and Dell technical support told me to do all of this st uff with updates, and the blaster worm removal tool. And nothing worked, so we just disabled the service where it tells you the pc is going to shut down, and then i had no more problems.

100%
10-16-2004, 05:45 PM
start>run>type 'shutdown -a' and the shutdown will stop.
nice trik thanx;)

n18
10-16-2004, 05:46 PM
i scanned with one of them online scanners and nothing, i get this No viruses on nod32 either.

anyone know why i cant enter gmail.com or do any windows updates,

when i go to windows update, and i pick a tpye of instal ( typical or expert or something like that) i get this:

[Error number: 0x800A0007]
Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page. You may find the following resources helpful in resolving the problem:

and when i go to gmail.com ( to get my serial for avg) it won't show up :( bah im starting to get a little...well help? :o

n18
10-16-2004, 05:59 PM
I also get a pop up telling my my system is vourneable with the address to

http://www.windowspatch.net/

:(

gildan2020
10-16-2004, 06:11 PM
it has to be a worm...no other things can create such a weird problem
if u can't go to a lot of antivirus websites or even windows update, then ur Hosts file might've been tampered

goto this directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc...open up ur Hosts file with notepad
if u see a lot of "127.0.0.1" pointing to various antivirus websites...remove them

hope this helps

gildan2020

[Spam]
10-16-2004, 06:17 PM
if that's our good old blaster virus, the xp firewall will block it until you can download a removal tool, and get your updates ;)

Nope, it's Sasser.

See where it says lsass.exe? That's the file Sasser exploits.

n18
10-16-2004, 06:20 PM
this si my host file

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost

any other ideas? Very greatful so far, wouldnt know its a virus or whatever it is and would've blammed the verizon dsl install heh :-/

100%
10-16-2004, 06:24 PM
your Hosts file is clean

n18
10-16-2004, 06:27 PM
your Hosts file is clean How come theres always a problem when i format :cries:

baccyman
10-16-2004, 06:32 PM
are you doing a full format and disabling any partitions that you may have . if there is a virus it could be in a partition

n18
10-16-2004, 06:38 PM
are you doing a full format and disabling any partitions that you may have . if there is a virus it could be in a partition yeah only got a C now. Didnt have a problem with this before, but i was using fat...do you think if i reformat and do a fat partition instead of NTFS like now would that help?

baccyman
10-16-2004, 06:40 PM
using fat 32 or ntfs will not make any difference to the problem you are having they are the way that the files are handled .

n18
10-16-2004, 06:45 PM
Got another pop up:

Message from SPYWARE ADVISORY to USER on 10/16/2004 1:52:49PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Important Alert Message:Saturday, October 16

YOUR COMPUTER MAY BE INFECTED WITH UNAUTHORIZED SPYWARE PROGRAMS

--------------------------------------------------------------------

EASY INSTRUCTIONS To Lean How To Fix Your Computer:

1. Grab a pen and write down the web site address www.spw4.com on a piece of paper. Keep it in a safe place.

2. Open your Internet Explorer, Netscape, or AOL we browser.

3. Type the web site address www.spw4.com into the "Address" box at the top of your web browser and press the "Go" button.

TIP: DO NOT PRESS THE OK BUTTON BELOW UNTIL YOU WRITE DOWN WWW.SPW4.COM OR YOU WILL LOOSE THIS WINDOW

now I'm totally confused as to how i got this with a fresh wnidowx install and format of C, and i never had problems with this before :(

Oh when i was formatting, there was an 8mb section that i couldnt format but that was probobly the hd cache?

baccyman
10-16-2004, 06:47 PM
i just looked this up and it should help you

http://www.faqfarm.com/Computer/Virus/42174

n18
10-16-2004, 06:49 PM
should i instal Serivce Pack 2 ?

baccyman
10-16-2004, 06:58 PM
i have just found this if you can download this
Download MS04-011 critical update of Windows 2000/XP (835732)

n18
10-16-2004, 07:06 PM
Download MS04-011 critical update of Windows 2000/XP (835732) sweet, but iwas wondering if serivice pack 2 is worth downloading, since it thas all the security stuff and all, but i heard it blocks connections so it messes up bit torrnet?

baccyman
10-16-2004, 07:10 PM
i am not using sp2 because i found that it slowed my pc down . but if you want to use it that is your choice it might solve your problem and if you dont like the results of sp2 you can uninstall it in add remove

gildan2020
10-16-2004, 07:14 PM
Got another pop up:

now I'm totally confused as to how i got this with a fresh wnidowx install and format of C, and i never had problems with this before :(

Oh when i was formatting, there was an 8mb section that i couldnt format but that was probobly the hd cache?
ok, lemme explain to u wat is goin on
that is a spam! period, dun listen to its bullshit

how did u get it? simple, there's this OS service known as Windows Messenger that makes it easy for those bloody companies to send such spam to u

before i move on to how to disable it, i wanna assure u...this Windows Messenger service has nuthin to do with ur MSN Messenger, ICQ, AIM, YAHOO and etc. this is a microsoft service, not an instant chat app

also, there is another instant chat app that is also named Windows Messenger which looks like MSN Messenger. that is harmless.
(yes both of them have the same name so dun get too confused bout it)

now press Win key + r, type services.msc, on ur right column, hunt for the word "Windows Messenger"
double click it, now click Stop and then from the Enable combobox, choose Disable, apply ur settings and u will be fine

gildan2020

tesco
10-16-2004, 07:14 PM
how can i get a virus after formatting and only installing windows & dsl oh well :o, ill do an updateand scan for viruses asap tho.
That's why you need a good firewall. ;)

n18
10-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Download MS04-011 critical update of Windows 2000/XP (835732)yey that link helped. got my windows updated and now i can see google and no freaking shutdowns after 60seconds...I Love you :D

baccyman
10-16-2004, 07:19 PM
glad that has helped you out

baccyman
10-16-2004, 07:28 PM
this program can block alot of the things that microsoft use to spy on you . it will shutdown automatic updates so you will have to activate that when you want to update then you can shut it down again if you want.
http://xp-antispy.org/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,26/