PDA

View Full Version : Help me out with this new cell phone ...

dOomed
10-16-2004, 09:12 PM
My aunt just bought me a new Cell phone. Shes currently in NY, and shes coming Monday.

http://onlinestore.cingular.com/images/Phones/pho_nok_6010_large.jpg

She got me the Cingular Nokia 6010

These are the features:

Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) capable*
Mobile Instant Messaging using AOLŪ Instant MessengerTM*
High-resolution, full-color display (4,096 colors)
Personalize your phone with 8 different color schemes
Embedded polyphonic ringtones
High-speed data transmission via GPRS*
Phone book and calendar: Up to 500 entries
Java support for application downloads
E-mail, text, and picture messaging via MMS*
Predictive text input
Voice dialing: Up to 14 numbers
TTY compatible
Operates on 850/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS networks
Cingular SKU: 63471

Now, what I want to know is, since it says "Email, text, and picture messaging via MMS", does that mean I can take pictures/or add a camera to it? And does "Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) capable" mean I can talk on like MSN or something?

manker
10-16-2004, 09:28 PM
Now, what I want to know is, since it says "Email, text, and picture messaging via MMS", does that mean I can take pictures/or add a camera to it? And does "Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) capable" mean I can talk on like MSN or something?

Hi dude. It means that you can send and receive pictures but it does not mean it has a camera. You may be able to add a camera, but it's not likely.

Multimedia messaging means you can send pictures, soundfiles or long text messages.

You can't talk on MSN with it but it looks OK for AOL. :)

Rat Faced
10-16-2004, 09:33 PM
Means you can txt and receive emails with attachments, i think :blink:

100%
10-16-2004, 09:34 PM
You wanna swap with mine its real simple?

http://www.palmshop.ru/img/cellular/siemens_c60.gif.big.gif

dOomed
10-16-2004, 09:46 PM
Hi dude. It means that you can send and receive pictures but it does not mean it has a camera. You may be able to add a camera, but it's not likely.

Multimedia messaging means you can send pictures, soundfiles or long text messages.

You can't talk on MSN with it but it looks OK for AOL. :)
Darn ... I wouldve loved it if it had an ADD ON camera, but oh well.

100%
10-16-2004, 09:47 PM
Remeber to thank her - and youll understand any mobile phone in a day

keyser_soze
10-16-2004, 10:35 PM
Although capabale of media messaging chances are that you will have to subscribe to a mms service and d/load the settings for your phone to work this usually does'nt cost to recieve mms but will to send them, whatever service u use ie vodafone, o2 will have a email service, try the site and register a email address and password then u can use your phone to send and recieve email. :)