PDA

View Full Version : new case...which psu????

Mr. Elmo
10-16-2004, 11:51 PM
just bought a new case, its an atx mid-tower and it doesnt come with a psu. i was wondering if i can just go to newegg and buy a atx psu and will it fit into the case? or would it depends? i havent recieved the case yet, but i wanted to get the psu the same time i recieved my case so i can move my stuff into the new case.

tesco
10-17-2004, 12:05 AM
any atx psu will fit.

Make sure not to get a cheap one though. Name brands like Antec, thermaltake, enermax, and some otehrs are the best ones.

Post which one you are loooking at before buying ti so we can tell you if it's good.

Mr. Elmo
10-17-2004, 12:14 AM
any atx psu will fit.

Make sure not to get a cheap one though. Name brands like Antec, thermaltake, enermax, and some otehrs are the best ones.

Post which one you are loooking at before buying ti so we can tell you if it's good.k thanks....cuz i went on newegg and i looked under category and i saw atx, microatx, atx12v, atx 2.03....and i was so confused...

how about powmax...do they make any good psu? i saw one on newegg and the reviews suggested that it was pretty good. i know i want to stay away from thermaltake and antec because im kinda on a budget as i need to get a mobo too....hehe

accat13
10-17-2004, 12:56 AM
" i know i want to stay away from thermaltake and antec because im kinda on a budget as i need to get a mobo too....hehe" Don't worry Motherboards are overated...:D you don't really need one:D Just enjoy the case and the good psu.:D But seriously spend a little bit more now ,or regret it later and have to buy another psu again...Just bought an Antec 380 for 50$ Can the price was right ...But now I'm thinking ,hope Its powerful enough for the future...:unsure:

Mr. Elmo
10-17-2004, 01:06 AM
another question...how much power do i really need? my old microatx machine is running on a 300w psu and its fine. I know some of the higher gfx card requires more power, but would a 350/400 be enough?

tesco
10-17-2004, 01:26 AM
400watt should be enough. :)

kaiweiler
10-17-2004, 02:20 AM
400watt should be enough. :)
Providing the quality of the PSU is decent of coarse....

tesco
10-17-2004, 02:30 AM
Providing the quality of the PSU is decent of coarse....
ya well i already said that before. :P