PDA

View Full Version : Swedes Day!!!

Triadcool
10-17-2004, 01:14 AM
I think my friend is on crack. We live in the united states and he got his girlfriend a present for Swedes Day? What the fuck is Swedes Day? He is trying to tell me its a national holiday but me or nobody I know have ever heard of it. He keeps on getting mad when I try to tell him there is no holiday called Swedes Day.

{I}{K}{E}
10-17-2004, 07:49 AM
Never heared of it.

Yogi
10-17-2004, 07:50 AM
You are right.

It's called Liechtensteins day!

bigboab
10-17-2004, 07:56 AM
If it is Swedes day then Snny will turnip.:blink:

Joakim Agren
10-17-2004, 08:58 AM
Hello!

It is true here in Sweden we do not celebrate Swedes day so it is not a national holiday however there is such a thing as Swedes day also known as Swedes Day festival that are only celebrated by Swedes living in the US particularly in New York( Long island, New Jersey, Staten island and Bronx). It is a festival where American renowned Swedes come together to celebrate their Swedish origin and country with soccer play and national dances etc. It has been going on since 1943. But this tradition is very unknown and not a big event it used to be but not today so most swedes have never heard of it and my guess is that it hardly gets noticed anymore. My cousin in New York was once one that festival and he said it was a boring event!.

Triadcool
10-17-2004, 05:44 PM
I went over my friends house that said there was such a thing as swedes day and he showed me a card and it said sweetest day.So I got the name mixed up cause I thought he was saying swedes day.