PDA

View Full Version : wine red or white or other?

Mr. Mulder
10-17-2004, 08:42 PM
I'm drinking some of this cheap tescos white wine in a can and it's fookin tasty! :01: like most white wines

not too keen on red though, makes you puke red if you drink too much:unsure:

other ones aren't too bad, but you get the occasional pink ones that taste like arse:unsure:

DanB
10-17-2004, 08:44 PM
I'd say other

Something other than wine :lol:

Mr. Mulder
10-17-2004, 08:46 PM
Some of us aren’t classy enough to drink it, specially from a can:lol::lol:

Cheese
10-17-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm drinking white wine right now.

Again. :01:

DanB
10-17-2004, 08:47 PM
I didn't see the can bit first time round

Guillaume
10-17-2004, 08:47 PM
I won't post in a wine-related thread in a valiant effort to end an old cliché.

white Bourgogne aligoté all the way :01:

manker
10-17-2004, 08:48 PM
Thunderbird Red Label Wine (http://www.drinksmixer.com/desc1111.html) :01:

That's the only wine I like. Wine is for ... people other than me.

DanB
10-17-2004, 08:48 PM
eesh, used todrink that at school :ph34r:

manker
10-17-2004, 08:49 PM
Me too :01:

Mr. Mulder
I won't post in a wine-related thread in a valiant effort to end an old cliché.

white bourgone aligoté all the way :01:
:o He’s speaking in tongues!

Witch!! :o

DanB
burn him :01:

LoobiLou
10-17-2004, 08:50 PM
White wine...the cheaper, the faster you get drunk :lol:

But i prefer voddie :)

Guillaume
10-17-2004, 08:51 PM
Witch!! :o

You can't prove it since I don't weigh the same as a duck. :P

Mr. Mulder
10-17-2004, 08:52 PM
White wine...the cheaper, the faster you get drunk :lol:

But i prefer voddie :)
Disgraceful :no:

ElvisLover
10-17-2004, 08:54 PM
that sux0rs

Mr. Mulder
You can't prove it since I don't weigh the same as a duck. :P sounds like witch talk to me :shifty:

http://www.screamscape.com/assets/images/AngryMob1.jpg

manker
Comes from far, far across the sea yet speaks English like a Native? Burn the witch buuuuuuuurn :angry:

Americans also do this :o

Buuuuurn them allllllllllll :fire:

ElvisLover
10-17-2004, 08:55 PM
sounds like witch talk to me :shifty:

http://www.screamscape.com/assets/images/AngryMob1.jpg

Still have to try it though don't we

Rat Faced
10-17-2004, 09:06 PM
I would appreciate it if you lot stopped this...

A bit like jokes about the holocaust to someone thats Jewish, you know?

Not funny...

'Tis the Devils work...fine... but less about the burning witches, please... :unsure:

ElvisLover
10-17-2004, 09:07 PM

Not funny...

'Tis the Devils work...fine... but less about the burning witches, please... :unsure:

My seroiusness detector couldn't work this one out :unsure:

Mr. Mulder
10-17-2004, 09:08 PM
You're kidding right :blink:

(who's been joking about the holocaust?)

manker
10-17-2004, 09:09 PM

Not funny...

This is a joke :blink: :lol:

ruthie
10-17-2004, 09:09 PM
Respect those who are wicca.

Rat Faced
10-17-2004, 09:10 PM
You're kidding right :blink:

(who's been joking about the holocaust?)

No one has been joking about the holocaust...

However, the jokes that your doing about burning witches...

Maybe Biggles, Skweeky, SGG or Gripper (amongst others) could explain it to you...

:rolleyes:

Mr. Mulder
10-17-2004, 09:11 PM
No one has been joking about the holocaust...

However, the jokes that your doing about burning witches...

Maybe Biggles, Skweeky, SGG or Gripper (amongst others) could explain it to you...

:rolleyes:
I actually agreed with you on the Chav thing, as much as I dislike them, they are a minority group :unsure:

But now there are rules against talking like you’re from middle earth? :blink:

ElvisLover
10-17-2004, 09:17 PM
While you're at it please don't make any anti english jokes

Rat Faced
10-17-2004, 09:17 PM
No, however there are rules against Religious Discrimination..

Wicca is a religion... a witch is commonly regarded as a wiccan.

Ergo... Due to acts that were perpetrated against pagans, (Laws that were only repealed in the 1950's in the UK) it could be looked upon as similar to Jokes about the Holocaust to Jewish members...

sArA
10-17-2004, 09:19 PM
Let me explain....

Wicca is a serious and recognised religion and an historically persecuted group.

By promoting (even joking) about the torture or abuse of witches (and you can insert your minority group of choice here) you are proliferating contining hostility towards this group.

If you are a member of this persecuted group, then clearly you would see it as offensive to have that group pilloried or put down, and would perhaps feel disturbed about joking references to the mistreatment of 'your people' even if you realised that it was ignorance rather than malice in its intent.

It makes no difference what 'group' you refer to, this could be Jews, Muslims, Wiccans, or Gays.

Does this help in the explanation?

ElvisLover
10-17-2004, 09:20 PM
do you really think we were discriminating a religion??

ruthie
10-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Excellent, Sara.

manker
10-17-2004, 09:21 PM
This is beyond a joke.

Obviously the 'witches' burnt in medieval times were just regular people, if we are taking the mickey out of anyone it is the idiots who burnt them -- The English. Of course, it is fine to take the piss out of the English tho.

And the Welsh. I didn't notice any reprimands doled out when I get called a sheep fucker. Then again, I didn't take offence because I don't fuck sheep.

Given that we're not about to burn any Wiccans I don't think anyone has been out of order in this thread whatsoever.

ElvisLover
10-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Let me explain....

Wicca is a serious and recognised religion and an historically persecuted group.

By promoting (even joking) about the torture or abuse of witches (and you can insert your minority group of choice here) you are proliferating contining hostility towards this group.

If you are a member of this persecuted group, then clearly you would see it as offensive to have that group pilloried or put down, and would perhaps feel disturbed about joking references to the mistreatment of 'your people' even if you realised that it was ignorance rather than malice in its intent.

It makes no difference what 'group' you refer to, this could be Jews, Muslims, Wiccans, or Gays.

Does this help in the explanation?

Jedi is a recognised religion too after the census, can we not make anti jedi jokes?

You are making us out to be nasty people pouring scorn on a religion when we made a few light hearted jokes much like the scene in Monty Python search for the holy grail. Very tongue in cheek

Mr. Mulder
10-17-2004, 09:22 PM
No, however there are rules against Religious Discrimination..

Wicca is a religion... a witch is commonly regarded as a wiccan.

Ergo... Due to acts that were perpetrated against pagans, (Laws that were only repealed in the 1950's in the UK) it could be looked upon as similar to Jokes about the Holocaust to Jewish members...

I’m pretty sure the Holocaust didn’t enter anyone’s mind when reading my childish post, it was all fun and games until your post ;) It was more relevant to Sabrina the teenage witch – if that hasn’t been banned from our screens :rolleyes:

...But things like “tis the devils work” is ok?

What about people who worship the devil, aren’t they going to be taken into consideration? They’re a minority group and it’s even religious. One of, if not the oldest too :unsure:

Rat Faced
10-17-2004, 09:23 PM
do you really think we were discriminating a religion??

No.

I can see the jokes, however Im no longer the only known wiccan on the board...

I know of a few now, and therefore have to enforce it the same way i would if you were Joking about the Holocaust or any other attrociaty.

I KNOW there was no malice involved by anyone...

100%
10-17-2004, 09:25 PM
You:dry: see what Wine does to Threads......

blows them way off topic

now where where wear were we?

ah yes

Vino Bianco

Rat Faced
10-17-2004, 09:25 PM
...But things like “tis the devils work” is ok?

What about people who worship the devil, aren’t they going to be taken into consideration? They’re a minority group and it’s even religious. One of, if not the oldest too :unsure:

Satanism is an offshoot of Christianity, as they are the ones that introduced Satan...

"The Devils Work" isnt against satanism... Its about like "Gods Will" I would expect...

However, I dont believe Satanism is a recognised religion... or even legal in most places.. :rolleyes:

Mr. Mulder
10-17-2004, 09:30 PM
You:dry: see what Wine does to Threads......

blows them way off topic

now where where wear were we?

ah yes

Vino Bianco
He’s speaking in tongues :o

Valid member of society!!!

Welcome him! :blink:

manker
10-17-2004, 09:39 PM
I'm sorry, we were calling Gurahl a witch because he speaks French.

We were being deliberately obtuse because it's a parody of the Monty Python scene.

I really do NOT think there is anything whatsoever offensive about that.

Or is there? Enlighten me.

Is it as offensive as being called a sheepfucker.

There is being considerate of other's feelings and then there is going way OTT and creating a problem where there is none. I do not believe for a second that any Wiccans that frequent the board would have been even mildly offended by that.

As I don't get offended in the slightest at being called a sheepfucker. Even though that is much more of a perpetuated stereotype than a wiccan being burned.

Mr. Mulder
10-17-2004, 09:42 PM
Give it up RF, as Manker said the welsh take sheep jokes, Christians take all kinds of jokes, as do other religions groups ect

And they take it all in their stride and know it’s jokingly

Is Wicca above all this? :unsure: ( Despite nothing really being said against it in the first place :blink: )

Rat Faced
10-17-2004, 09:46 PM
I only asked you lot to cool it and go easy...

If i get no complaints i dont care.. :P

Mr. Mulder
10-17-2004, 09:50 PM

If i get no complaints i dont care.. :P Bah, it’s no fun anymore, he’s not taking it seriously :lol:

Perhaps another chav thread :shifty:

100%
10-17-2004, 09:50 PM
RF isnt your sig in a "bullying" form?

ElvisLover
10-17-2004, 09:54 PM

If i get no complaints i dont care.. :P

Our point being we were taking it easy.

I am pretty sure religion hadnt crossed any of our minds until you three came in here.

manker
10-17-2004, 09:55 PM
I just take issue with being implicated as being discriminatory for no good reason.

Rat Faced
10-17-2004, 09:59 PM
I just take issue with being implicated as being discriminatory for no good reason.

If you read my 1st post, you'll see that I was pointing this out...

I wasnt accusing anyone of being malicious... however I was pointing out that some people can take offence, and asking you to turn the issue slightly...

I know you were all joking, I know that no one was trying to be Discriminatory...

I ask only that your careful.

Enjoy

Paul

manker
10-17-2004, 10:09 PM
Your first post wasn't the reason for my posts.

I thought it over the top but I just left it. Then Ruthie tells us (me) to respect the wicca, as if those posts could possibly be an accurate summation of our complete thoughts and ideas about the Wiccan faith such that we don't respect it, then Sara and yourself intimate at persecution of Wiccans, again, implicating that we were perpetuating this.

I thought that the reaction overall was a load of old bollocks.

ElvisLover
10-17-2004, 10:11 PM

I thought it over the top but I just left it. Then Ruthie tells us (me) to respect the wicca, as if those posts could possibly be an accurate summation of our complete thoughts and ideas about the Wiccan faith such that we don't respect it, then Sara and yourself intimate at persectution of Wiccans, again, implicating that we were perpetuating this.

I would have to say I agree with that too, especially the impliciation bit

ruthie
10-17-2004, 10:12 PM
It seemed you didn't understand what RF was talking about..so I explained it. LOL

sArA
10-17-2004, 10:15 PM

I thought it over the top but I just left it. Then Ruthie tells us (me) to respect the wicca, as if those posts could possibly be an accurate summation of our complete thoughts and ideas about the Wiccan faith such that we don't respect it, then Sara and yourself intimate at persectution of Wiccans, again, implicating that we were perpetuating this.

I guess a reaction is one thing...an extrapolation is another....although it did rather go off topic... :blushing:

on topic....

I am currently drinking a nice Australian Red, Bear Crossing...Cabernet Shiraz 2002

Cheese
10-17-2004, 10:21 PM
I'm on my second bottle! :01:

manker
10-17-2004, 10:24 PM
It seemed you didn't understand what RF was talking about..so I explained it. LOLI thought if I waited a while you might have edited the condescending tone out of that post. Nevermind.

Respect the member :rolleyes:

100%
10-17-2004, 10:27 PM
:lol:
I'm on my second bottle! :01:
http://www.neowin.net/forum/uploads/post-40696-1098038682.jpg

Mathea
10-17-2004, 10:29 PM
I just dont understand how it came to this

it was an obvious joke and unfortunately it turned into this

im not wiccan but i dont think it was an attack (actually i know it wasnt as that has been said already) and I also think it unfair to equate it to holocaust joke

was anyone seriously offended and hurt by this? as manker pointed out theres welsh jokes made about him and countless other things and people... in good nature.

was Ghural offended?

Cheese
10-17-2004, 10:29 PM
http://www.neowin.net/forum/uploads/post-40696-1098038682.jpg
Not again.

At least it's sterile...

ruthie
10-17-2004, 10:37 PM
Respect those who are wicca. was in response to elvis and arcadia.that's it.

I thought if I waited a while you might have edited the condescending tone out of that post. Nevermind.

Respect the member

Certainly didn't think I was being condescending, :( however if you felt I was, then my apologies.

Mr. Mulder
10-17-2004, 10:40 PM
was in response to elvis and arcadia.that's it.
still looking for the part where it says I don't :unsure:

manker
10-17-2004, 10:40 PM
Certainly didn't think I was being condescending, :( however if you felt I was, then my apologies.Ah don't worry, It's just me being prickly.

I don't mean offence either and I hope I haven't caused any.

ElvisLover
10-17-2004, 10:41 PM
still looking for the part where it says I don't :unsure:

Me too.

I was just asking if RF was serious as i thought it was an over reaction

ruthie
10-17-2004, 10:41 PM
all is good. :)

Cheese
10-17-2004, 10:42 PM
Someone email me some wine.

K thx.

Biggles
10-17-2004, 10:56 PM
all is good. :)

Tis indeed!

Actually the Monty Python thing is funny

Stupid villager

"If she weighs the same as a duck...err.. she is made of wood and ..err.. will float and therefore is a witch"

Knight

"Exactly!"

Bored villager

"Oh burn her anyway"!

Nevertheless, it is nice that RF considers the wider parish. ;) Tis appreciated

Edit: I am very partial to a good Australian Shiraz.

manker
10-17-2004, 11:06 PM
Damnit. I just foolishly renounced posting the 'devil's work' thing in the other thread.

If I hadn't I could have touted it as the reason for you not being offended by recantations of that Monty Python sketch ;) :D

sArA
10-17-2004, 11:08 PM
Damnit. I just foolishly renounced posting the 'devil's work' thing in the other thread.

If I hadn't I could have touted it as the reason for you not being offended by recantations of that Monty Python sketch ;) :D

Took your eye off the ball for a moment there? :P

Biggles
10-17-2004, 11:14 PM

How long does a renouncing last?

manker
10-17-2004, 11:22 PM
Indeed I did, Sara :lol:

How long does a renouncing last?

I think your average renouncing lasts for about six days, of course it depends what you're renouncing.

If it was Mexican Chilli crisps then the renouncing may be indefinite, if I was renouncing lurve of the ovine kind, it may only last a couple of hours :unsure:

ElvisLover
10-17-2004, 11:23 PM
Indeed I did, Sara :lol:

I think your average renouncing lasts for about six days, of course it depends what you're renouncing.

If it was Mexican Chilli crisps then the renouncing may be indefinite, if it was renouncing lurve of the ovine kind, it may only last a couple of hours :unsure:

sheep love :rolleyes:

Mathea
10-17-2004, 11:25 PM
ooooooooh i wanna be part of the senda board member an xmas present, and i wanna send one to manker :devil:

Guillaume
10-18-2004, 09:11 AM
was Gurahl offended?

Yes I was :cry1:

At last someone who feels concerned about my feelings... :blushing:

Yogi
10-18-2004, 09:48 AM
Wow.

An offended loony on the lose........

COVER!!!!!!

Mathea
10-18-2004, 10:58 AM