View Full Version : Video Cards

LilAznAccommodator
10-18-2004, 01:18 AM
I was wondering...

I play both
1) Warcraft III Frozen Throne
and
2) Counter Strike (Not CS Source)

And I currently use a modded(Added HeatSinks) Radeon TI8500LE, and everything seems to be running smoothly... But I was just curious as if I should Upgrade to a TI9600 128 MB.. for $80... But before I make the purchase... I would like to know if I will even notice a difference? By means of knowing that both games run quite smoothly already... And I don't really plan on playing any games that require leet vid cards, Doom III/ CS: Source/Etc.

So I was wondering if upgrading is actualyl wortht he price? If I dont' need to upgrade, I dont' want to bother wasting $80 on the TI9600 128mb.

Your opinions are greatly appreaciated. Thanks.

tesco
10-18-2004, 01:21 AM
Only reason for you to upgrade is if you are going to play modern games like doom3 and half life 2 (seeing as you are a countertstrike fan im gurssing you'll want to play hl2).

With those two games you won't see a difference.

Mr. Elmo
10-18-2004, 01:28 AM
like rossco says, why upgrade when you dont need to? only upgrade if your current setup isnt powerful enough for what you want.

P.S , rossco, i play cs all the time...but i dont want to play hl2 because .....well, ..............its scared me :X

oh, and its not a ti8500le or ti9600......its just 8500le or 9600...the ti is in the nvidia family

bigdawgfoxx
10-18-2004, 01:57 AM
I find this place more boring with the change...

LilAznAccommodator
10-18-2004, 03:04 AM
ooooo, hehe my bad... And yeah I probably won't want to play Half-Life 2 eitehr because I not really into it, sicne I didn't favor Half-Life 1.

Well yeah thanks for your opinions, I guess I won't upgrade.