PDA

View Full Version : CS:S help

maskawaih
10-18-2004, 10:05 AM
At first i'm not into css as its available in suprnova or anywhere else. since i dont like ppl that can play cs very well but sucks at anything else telling the others "I'm teh best". :dry:

but then i realized that css only need one cd to burn with. so why not give it a chance? then i really get into in this game. the marvelous source engine opened up my eyes. :D well, lets get to the point. :P

When i open up my css (the shortcut to cstrike.exe), it will exec steamengine.exe. the thing is, i want to make a lan games. steamengine.exe will totally needs internet connection as it needs steam.exe to be initialized and established. how do i? and how do i add bots? :unsure:

Mr. Elmo
10-18-2004, 02:42 PM
which version did you download? becuase i have the emperio version and the shortcut was to hl2.exe.....you dont need steam to use this version....well, technically, you do since you need a new account.

BawA
10-18-2004, 04:43 PM
i deleted Steam.dll but still can play over lan, u just need to read the help file if u got the empiro version.

Copy over the cracked files located in this directory to your to your installation
directory and delete/rename the Steam.dll in your root directory of CS:Source.
Make a shortcut from hl2.exe and add this behind it -steam -console -game cstrike
Launch the shortcut to play!
u need to right click on shortcut and add "-steam -console -game cstrike" after the target link(enter a space and then add thoes commands).

and to add bots u need to open console (press "~" in game) and type Bot_add_ct, Bot_add_t or u can just type bot and press down arrow for list of bot commands like defficulty and weapon modes.

silent h3ro
10-20-2004, 12:28 AM
Maybe try the Luzcifer version if u don't have it. I heard it worked better.