PDA

View Full Version : Gaming PS2 Game Burning !

BROCKSTER
03-24-2003, 04:43 PM
This is a guide to burning ps2 games that are rips that go onto cdr disks
you must have a mod chip to play these games

people have different ways of burning games but this is my the way i do it and i havnt had 1 problem so i thought id make a guide to help all you out there that are struggling or are gonna asks how do i burn ?????

here goes :D

first you need daemon tools (which u can download of kazaa)
you will also need either winrar or winzip i prefer winrar.
you will also need nero for this way of doing ps2 games.

1.obviously download a ps2 game (make sure its a rip)

2.once downloaded it should be in a winrar archive make a new folder on your desktop call it ps2 or wotever you want the open the ps2 winrar archive (right click on the archive) then choose extract files..... choose the folder u have just made on your desktop and extract there onece finished it can be in either of two formats lots of files or a cue and a bin.

if in the folder there is about 20 or so files then choose the first file and right click open with then choose winrar. make anothe folder on you desktop called games or along those lines once it opens with winrar in the winrar box there shud be a cue and a bin displayed higlight them both and exract to the second folder you just made yey presto uve got a cue and a bin and you can delete all those files before

3.now in the right hand corner of your desktop there shud be the daemon tools symbol (red lightening bolt) right click on that choose mount image then go to the folder with the cue and bin in it and there should be one cue file open that

4 now open nero close the wizard and in the left hand corner theres different formats or ways to burn etc choose cd copy then a set of options shud be displayed at the right

5.click copy options then make sure in the drive with source cd box it says f generic or wot ever letter urs is as long as it says stealth dvd after it your okay

6. click on the read options tab tick ignore illegal toc type and where it says data mode 2 tick the box and choose write uncorrected .

7 go to burn tab then choose 4x speed (makes it easyer for your ps2 to read it runs smoother) and choose disk at once

8.then burn

hey presto fully working cdr ps2 game i burn all mine like this and ive never had a problem and i thoughd id share it with you to help you all :D

if you have any problems with ur ps2 breaking its not my fault it im just telling you how to burn the cds if you have any problems post here but i havnt had 1 out of 30 ps2 games ive got a messiah 2 chip in mine but loads of others read cdrs so make sure :D
#
hope this helps someone and maybe it cud be made a pinned topic or sticky so its easy to find (mods??)

Kazaa Lite freak
03-24-2003, 05:42 PM
does your ps2 have to be chipped

BROCKSTER
03-24-2003, 06:14 PM
yes but there are ways without mod chips but u have to open ur ps2 and mod chips are better

sk8punk151
03-26-2003, 06:58 AM
christ. I wish I had this guide before I sold my mod-chip.. heh. well its way to confusing and out of my 'league' for me to burn ps2 games, but thanx for the guide.. Ill forward all my friends to it

BROCKSTER
03-26-2003, 12:05 PM
its not hard its quite simple if people have anyproblems or questions about burning there ps2 games just post here

ps (u need a mod chip :lol: )

bishopo
04-13-2003, 03:18 PM
Hey. If you are in the US (NTSC system) can you play a PAL file on a modded (Messiah 2) PS2? Do you have to do anything special when burning or booting?

swarnel
04-14-2003, 01:47 AM
say i borrowed a game from the video shop and i wanted to copy it how would i do this?

could i make an image using blindwrite and then follow the rest of the steps

or would i need a dvd burner?

BROCKSTER
04-14-2003, 12:09 PM
ANSWER in ur other post :D

halfcab123
04-17-2003, 02:41 AM
everyone needs to joing brocksters board, anyways I am having questions about ps2 games, some of them are dvd roms, but some of them arent' so do you have to make the ones that are on dvd and the ones that arent' on cdr?

chris~halfcab123 www.chrisridgeway.com

BROCKSTER
04-17-2003, 11:41 AM
dvd go on dvd discs IF you have a dvd write other wise they need ripping and puttin on cdr (i wasnt sure ur question so if this is not wot u needed to know explain wot u wud like to know and i will be happy to help u :D )

ps.im gonna do a ps2 bit on my forum so peeps can go there as well :D

RedRival
04-21-2003, 08:27 AM
This has no relation whatsoever to PS2 Game Burning, but BROCKSTER, how is it that you are able to capture moving screenies from The Matrix Reloaded trailer? I find taking a normal screenshot of a mpeg or avi file impossible. And I think I need a tut on making moving gif avatars :D.

Orh yea, more to the subject, don't you need a couple of CD-Rs to be able to Rip DVD games??

waterStrider
04-21-2003, 06:47 PM
wot&#39;s a mod chip and where/how can i get one? <_<

RedRival
04-22-2003, 04:57 AM
a MODCHIP allows your gaming console, either PS2 or XBOX to be able to play games from other countries/regions in both the NTSC and PAL format or whatever other format there is ;) . EG, a PS2 console in Australia only plays PAL games, mod it with a Messiah 2 Mod chip, now you can play NTSC games, eg from Japan (NTSC/JAP) with no problems.

The more distinct feature is letting you play Rips or Burnt DVD-Rs, CD-Rs. The Modchips modifies your console so that it bypass the "authentication" feature in checking a DVD-R, CD-R whether it is genuine or not. It cost about 50 US dollars or so, for a decent mod chip. I&#39;m using a messiah 2 I bought at 150bucks Aus dollars.

Although be forewarned that if you MOD the console before it&#39;s warranty period ends, you void it. AND some modchips readily screws up...I hard to change my motherboard for my PS2 once, so take care. :unsure:

waterStrider
04-23-2003, 12:03 AM
thanx 4 d great post m8 @RedRival :D

BROCKSTER
04-23-2003, 11:02 AM
wot abt my good guide :&#39;(

has anyone used it??? has it worked for them???

swarnel
04-23-2003, 11:15 AM
hey brockster have you found a tutorial for me yet (on how to rip your own ps2 games)???

infamousalbo101
04-23-2003, 09:26 PM
<_< <_< <_< <_< how can u play burned games without using a mod chip can somebody tell me the was to do it by opening my ps2 <_<

BROCKSTER
04-23-2003, 09:39 PM
i wudnt do it seariously its not a very safe way its were ur ps2 has a section cut out of the top and a plate put on u put a disk in then wen that boots up u open the top stop the disk swap it then close it and it shud work this is very unsafe for the laser and all the parts but if u wanna fuck it up go for it :D

RedRival
04-24-2003, 05:29 AM
AKA the Knife Method >_<

namzuf9
04-24-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by RedRival@24 April 2003 - 05:29
AKA the Knife Method >_<
AKA The flip top box.
Or try a no solder mod-very easy to fit. You do have to open up the PS2 (dont do this if the warranty is still valid) But all you have to do to fit the mod is disconnect 2 ribbon wires and reconnect them to the "chip"
Then you load up the PS2 with a boot disk (boot magic or action replay disc) and press and hold the eject button. The disc drive opens up, pop in your copied disk and wait for the drive to automatically close.
All the chip does is allow you to eject the PS2 without it registering letting you swap discs without it reloading.
The bad point with this method is it wont recognize cdr games over 650mb. Which is why I ordered a Messiah 2 chip last night and I&#39;m going to be fitting it myself over the weekend, wish me luck&#33;&#33;&#33; :unsure:

stoi
04-26-2003, 11:19 AM
ok tried nero, it didnt like the virtual cddrive and when i said auto detect it said it needed the nero cd in the drive, of course everyone that uses this forum probably hasnt got the nero cd lol.

Ok all i done was installed alcohol 120%, Mounted the .cue onto the virtual cdrom selected copy image selected Playstation 2 from the drop down menu set the burn speed to 4X burnet it an it worked 1st time.

A lot easier imo than changind all the options in nero etc.

complete noob
04-28-2003, 07:29 AM
GameShark Mod Method (No chip needed)
1) Remove the front of your Ps2, no biggie, they snap off. Insert the Gameshark 2 Cd, and put a Gs (GameShark) memory card in one of the slots, (don&#39;t matter which one)
2) In Gs options choose "start game" then "without", the screen should say something like &#39;Insert Game disk then hit X to continue"
3) This is where you gotta put in the disk, but DON&#39;T press eject. Make sure the Ps2 doesn&#39;t register the fact that you opened the disk drive; this is how you do this...
3a) With a credit card or something of the like slide the white tab that is visible (since you opened the front fo the Ps2) all the way to the right.
4) Swap the Gs disk with the burnt disk
5) Push the tray back in gently, again DO NOT PRESS EJECT.
7) Get a strong paper clip or something to slide that white tab all the way back to the left again.
8) Hit X
9) The game might load a bit slower if you use a cheaper disk to burn the game, but it should work.

This is kinda tricky at first, but you should get it right eventually. Now go be a pimp and play your "backup" copies of the game you legally bought :lol:

RedRival
04-29-2003, 07:07 AM
modchips are pretty unsafe, anything that requires you to open your ps2 that is not warrantied is considered risk taking. So, I will have to go with buying original games :D , but fact is, I have a messiah 2 modchip in my ps2 right now. So far it&#39;s been doing good, but my previous experiences weren&#39;t very amusing...

swarnel
04-29-2003, 12:46 PM
im getting my missiah 2 modchip installed soon hope it doesnt stuff up :(

BROCKSTER
05-11-2003, 10:02 PM
if you would like to join my console board and ask questions talk about new games etc feel free &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;My console forum&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; (http://invisionfree.com/forums/BROCKSTERS_BOARD/)

the more members i get the better it will bee :P

Troy
05-16-2003, 12:19 PM
:o what is a mod chip and how do i get it :blink:

Sasage
05-16-2003, 02:02 PM
Does anyone know of any retailers or shops in the US that install modchips?

GooseLemon
05-25-2003, 05:53 PM
You need to find like a TV repair man and ask him up front.

No other place will do it, because they will tell y7ou its illegal.

stoi
05-27-2003, 03:12 PM
yeah, its illegal in the USA but in good old Blighty, (UK to everyone else) its not illegal so modify consoles, if that was the case how will you upgrade the hdd in the xbox to say a 200gig one, the way the law/warrenties work are stupid esp for the xbox, you cant open the case but then you cant upgrade the hdd, its like buying a pc and not being aboe to upgrade it for 2 years, it just would never happen.

It is illegal to burn the games but not to install a modchip in the uk but it will void your warranty, unless you can get it done so M&#036; cant tell the xbox has been opened, for the ps2 this is easy you just put a new sticker on where the old one was, but not sure about the xbox.

stoi

lx_tricky
06-08-2003, 02:21 AM
Did you have someone install yours for you?

The Penetrator
06-16-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by BROCKSTER@24 March 2003 - 16:43
1.obviously download a ps2 game (make sure its a rip)

2.once downloaded it should be in a winrar archive make a new folder on your desktop call it ps2 or wotever you want the open the ps2 winrar archive (right click on the archive) then choose extract files..... choose the folder u have just made on your desktop and extract there onece finished it can be in either of two formats lots of files or a cue and a bin.

if in the folder there is about 20 or so files then choose the first file and right click open with then choose winrar. make anothe folder on you desktop called games or along those lines once it opens with winrar in the winrar box there shud be a cue and a bin displayed higlight them both and exract to the second folder you just made yey presto uve got a cue and a bin and you can delete all those files before

3.now in the right hand corner of your desktop there shud be the daemon tools symbol (red lightening bolt) right click on that choose mount image then go to the folder with the cue and bin in it and there should be one cue file open that

4 now open nero close the wizard and in the left hand corner theres different formats or ways to burn etc choose cd copy then a set of options shud be displayed at the right

5.click copy options then make sure in the drive with source cd box it says f generic or wot ever letter urs is as long as it says stealth dvd after it your okay

6. click on the read options tab tick ignore illegal toc type and where it says data mode 2 tick the box and choose write uncorrected .

7 go to burn tab then choose 4x speed (makes it easyer for your ps2 to read it runs smoother) and choose disk at once

8.then burn

hey presto fully working cdr ps2 game i burn all mine like this and ive never had a problem and i thoughd id share it with you to help you all :D

if you have any problems with ur ps2 breaking its not my fault it im just telling you how to burn the cds if you have any problems post here but i havnt had 1 out of 30 ps2 games ive got a messiah 2 chip in mine but loads of others read cdrs so make sure :D
#
hope this helps someone and maybe it cud be made a pinned topic or sticky so its easy to find (mods??)
Step 1&2 is right but what the fuck are you talking about with the other shit?????

once you have extracted the bin/cue file simply load nero up choose FILE then BURN IMAGE then 4x Speed then burn&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

all the shit about stealth dvd and so on isn&#39;t needed

BROCKSTER
06-16-2003, 02:27 PM
it is if you want a better burned copy of it thanks there are different types of rips out there and if u simply do wot u sed they dont all load up so get your facts right first

The Penetrator
06-16-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by BROCKSTER@16 June 2003 - 14:27
it is if you want a better burned copy of it thanks there are different types of rips out there and if u simply do wot u sed they dont all load up so get your facts right first
i think its you that needs to get your fact right, i have 50+ PS2 games and i&#39;ve made loads for my mates all the exact same way and they all work fine.

basically you don&#39;t have clue what your talking about&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

stoi
06-16-2003, 05:53 PM
The penetrator, why come in here with 8 posts (now) and start shouting your mouth off at brockster, if you dont do it like that then dont do it, its that simple, i do all of mine with alcohol 120% which already has virtual/stealth drives in the program, so i do mount the cue on one of these, and then burn with alcohol 120% not nero, and ive got 50+ ps2 games and they all work fine as well, so you do it your way, brockster will do it his and i will do it mine, if they all work then whats the prob.

I just think it was decent of brockster to actually put this on the forum and for the mods to make it a sticky, means members dont have to go searching all over the net to find out how to do it.

stoi

The Penetrator
06-16-2003, 07:52 PM
i don&#39;t see the point in having all the unneeded steps all that is going to do is confuse n00bs

EXTRACT, FILE, BURN IMAGE, BURN

4 easy steps that even a n00b can&#39;t get wrong

Fair enough his way may work but isn&#39;t it easier my way?????

BROCKSTER
06-16-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by The Penetrator+16 June 2003 - 17:43--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Penetrator @ 16 June 2003 - 17:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BROCKSTER@16 June 2003 - 14:27
i think its you that needs to get your fact right, i have 50+ PS2 games and i&#39;ve made loads for my mates all the exact same way and they all work fine.

basically you don&#39;t have clue what your talking about&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
you obviouly know nothing at all if you ask anybody whos been here a while they will tell you i know my console stuff so im not even gonna argue with you im above that ur just a newbie trying to be a smart ass

BROCKSTER
06-16-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by The Penetrator@16 June 2003 - 20:52
i don&#39;t see the point in having all the unneeded steps all that is going to do is confuse n00bs

it may be QUICKER your way but i wud rather have good quality ones thanks you dont know shit dont post here its for help u make a guide then and your might get made a sticky

racer II
06-16-2003, 08:34 PM
@ "The Penetrator", Brockster knows his console stuff, and he was kind enough to make a guide for it.
So pleasse don`t start dissin ppl who try to help others .

Peace

The Penetrator
06-16-2003, 08:57 PM
this is the last i&#39;m saying in this topic&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

your saying the way i said not all games work is that not just a shady chipping job, i chipped mine myself and mine work perfect with every game i&#39;ve ever burnt that way

anyway the best thing to do (what i do now) is simply buy a game take it home burn the full game on to a dvd using alcohol 120% then take the game back and get a refund

Ps i ain&#39;t no newbie trying to be a smart ass and anyway it doesn&#39;t take a genius to burn computer games

BROCKSTER
06-16-2003, 09:05 PM
no its not a dodgy chipping job at all that shows how much u know some games are done very different and dont work i put it up this way because this works for those and normall ones so just leave it u definatly dont know wot ur on abt it isnt chips its the actuall games so thank god its your last post in this coz u dont know wot ur on abt

stoi
06-16-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by The Penetrator@16 June 2003 - 19:52

Ok but i would say it was more like,

Extract, Extract again (90% of ps2 games ive got have been in 1 .rar then multiple .rars), cdmage it to see its not damaged (ive had plenty that ive fixed), mount the cue and burn with alcohol.

now thats 5 steps and ive done 3 different things to you already, fair enough cdmage takes awhile but its fixed a lot of errors on the cds for me.

and if you say the errors are because its patched from NTSC to PAL or vise versa, then fair enough but read an earlier post and pal or ntsc work fine if you have the right scart cable. so i fix the patch and they work fine for me.

and easier, well whats hard with mouting an image on a virtual drive, it sure as hell isnt strenuos and only take a second to do, so why not do it, i burn all cdimages this way not just ps2 games but svcd/pcgames/software/os the works.

stoi

Ma5t3rM1nD
06-21-2003, 02:35 PM
Ok&#33; Thanks a lot for the guide BROCKSTER but do you or STOLI know or have a way of bruning XBOX games? Is it a lot like this but with just a few different steps or what? I want to be able to downlod XBOX games of K LITE and do the same as PS2 burn it onto a CD-R disc&#33; But I am a little confussed won&#39;t it take heaps more than just one CD-R disc won&#39;t it take something like 4 or 5? Anyways can one of you please get back to me on creating these burnt XBOX gamexs it will be greatly appericated&#33;

BROCKSTER
06-21-2003, 03:46 PM
u cud just get a bigger harddrive for your x box and put games on there

but in theory if there in bins and cues etc they shud still be bvurned practically the same i dont think u will have to anything extra special to get the m to work apart from have your x box chipped

BROCKSTER
06-21-2003, 03:49 PM
this is the best site i found for xbox game burining hope this helps you :D

here (http://xbox-scene.com/articles/iso-backup-guide.php)

iepie
06-22-2003, 02:17 PM
question voor Brockster...........

How do I recordnice, when I want to dl a file, if it is a rip, I dl heaps of stuff but most of them I cannot burn cause it is not the bin and cue thing. Or are there other ways so I can also burn the zip and the tar files?

BROCKSTER
06-22-2003, 05:12 PM
they can come in iso as well but i prefer bin and cue coz there ready for burning id reccomend to use emule for such games because kazaa lacks on the ps2 side of things and most on emule come as bin and cue

stoi
06-26-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by iepie@22 June 2003 - 14:17
question voor Brockster...........

How do I recordnice, when I want to dl a file, if it is a rip, I dl heaps of stuff but most of them I cannot burn cause it is not the bin and cue thing. Or are there other ways so I can also burn the zip and the tar files?
Zip and Tar files are exactly the same as .rar files you have to extract them with winrar or winace, once extracted you should have a bin and cue. also if a file is say 1gig and has dvd 1 in the name and you also have dvd2 at 1 gig and dvd3 at say 500meg, then that is a proper dvd game, IE: you need a dvd burner to burn it. cdr games will more than likely have dvd rip in the title.

As for xbox games ive read somewhere that you need to convert them into XISO files, but ive never done one so im not to sure how you do it.

Wizzandabe
06-28-2003, 06:47 PM
do i have to burn it on a dvd r or a cd r?

stoi
06-28-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Wizzandabe@28 June 2003 - 18:47
do i have to burn it on a dvd r or a cd r?
Burn what on dvd or cdr, PS2 games or Xbox games???? if a ps2 game is over 2 gig to download and has just DVD in the title, 2 games are Devil May Cry 2 and enter the matrix, both of these come in 3 .rar files sized 1gig 1 gig and 500 meg with dvd in the title, then this will need to be burnet to dvdr. If it has dvd rip and is 600-1800 meg in size then this will be cdr.

as for Xbox games then idealy you want these on DVDR as most xboxes wont play cdr at all.

stoi

iamtheoneandonlyone
07-04-2003, 02:26 AM
Nice BROCKSTER&#33; Perfectly done.

BROCKSTER
07-04-2003, 07:16 PM
:D thanks im glad it helped you :D

kazaaliterock
07-08-2003, 11:00 PM
hi, im very new to this whole concept and i was wondering what a ps2 boot disk does. i search for ps2 on kazaa and found a bunch of boot disk file that say that once u burn the file onto a cd and put it in ur ps2 u dont need a mod chip to play burn games. is this true.

stoi
07-09-2003, 10:29 AM
the answer is basically yes and no.

Action replay 2.0 disc is allegeadly supposed to play backup games on an unmoded PS2 but ive never tried it so not to sure.

The only problem is getting it to work once you burn it, i think you are supposed to burn it on a dvdr not a cdr for the ps2 to recognise it as i have burnt a few off irc onto cdr and none have worked for me, or anyone else ive spoke to for that matter.

stoi

kazaaliterock
07-09-2003, 05:49 PM
so if i have a dvd format disc and i want to make a copy of it on cdr is that possible and how would i do it.

kazaaliterock
07-09-2003, 06:21 PM
btw, is installing a mod chip hard? and is there places where i can get instruction on doing it.

BROCKSTER
07-10-2003, 08:57 PM
not hard just very fiddely i mean the chip comes with instructions in it and there easy to folow but there many guides on the internet on how to fit a mod chip

slammy_dunken
07-13-2003, 02:40 AM
Nice guide BROCKSTER, but I have one question: how can copying the disk from a virtual CDROM to a CDR improve the quality of the game? I did that with MOHAA for the PC, but the disk that came out had many errors.

stoi
07-13-2003, 04:44 PM
well i do it that way so i can check it with cdmage first to check for any errors, if it has them then 99% of the time cdmage will fix them and then just cd copy the game from the virtual drive.

stoi

DDRFREAK1030
07-17-2003, 09:11 AM
real way to burn games

get a lighter and then burn the cd or dvd :P

ok its kind of confusing.im not big on trying stuff ou t
but this works for psx game as well?
i must know

stoi
07-17-2003, 09:59 AM
yeah it works for both PSX and PS2 games.

ObLiViOuS_1.0
07-27-2003, 05:17 AM
were can you get a mod chip deally majigeroo

krazyazn
07-28-2003, 05:56 PM
wow i didn&#39;t know u could do that&#33; got a question though, can u rip ps2 games?

dazsherm
07-30-2003, 08:34 AM
i have a modchip for sale if anyone wants it.... magic 3.1.... never installed..... sold my ps2..... will take &#036;20 for it

NightStalker
08-01-2003, 02:37 PM
Where can I get a "mod-chip" from, and what kind would I need?

@dazsherm, How do I install the mod? Will it require me to open up my Playstatin 2?

Biigfoot
08-02-2003, 10:19 AM
To download 150 games visit :-

downloadgames.ontheinter.net (http://www.geocities.com/arcade_games2000)

Stonecoldfreak1
08-02-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Biigfoot@2 August 2003 - 10:19
To download 150 games visit :-

downloadgames.ontheinter.net (http://www.geocities.com/arcade_games2000)
please stop spamming your site :spam:

Biigfoot
08-02-2003, 10:40 AM
To Stonecoldfreak1,
Before accusing why don&#39;t you visit and see?Even you will like it ....

Adster
08-02-2003, 10:44 AM
My Quesion about this is if do regions matter?? becaeu i live in Australia and I cant play PS2 american games here which sucks

RedRival
08-03-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Hogster@2 August 2003 - 11:44
My Quesion about this is if do regions matter?? becaeu i live in Australia and I cant play PS2 american games here which sucks
If you get a modchip, it&#39;s likely it won&#39;t matter. But if things go wrong, your ps2 will juz be a black glorified piece of junk next to your TV. So far, my modchip seems to be doing fine. Problem lies with those friggin bastards at a pirated game store selling defect DVD-Rs to me. My dad just came over from Singapore and got me like 10 DVD-R games, and some of them either don&#39;t boot or fucks up halfway when I&#39;m playing.

I&#39;m getting pissed annoyed since 10 games cost me and my dad like 120 bucks Sing. I&#39;m in Aus right now so I can&#39;t fkn return the discs or exchange it for a new peice. Now, I&#39;m trying to find a way to use the dat files in this DVDs so that I can make my own CD-Rs so i can continue playing. I hope the game blacking out halfway does not mean corrupt dat files.

Adster
08-04-2003, 02:48 AM
:( ok cheers red rival

damm regions why have regions I cn&#39;t order games overseas have to get a mod chip but im too dumb to know how to put it in

RedRival
08-04-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Hogster@4 August 2003 - 03:48
:( ok cheers red rival

damm regions why have regions I cn&#39;t order games overseas have to get a mod chip but im too dumb to know how to put it in
get someone to do it for you, look at the ads in the newspapers/tv guides. I live in WA, and http://www.themodshop.com is located in Belmont and they fit modchips with warranty I think. But then again, I&#39;m not sure of service, as I said, I got mine modded in S&#39;pore. :lol:

blkwolf21
08-17-2003, 05:32 AM
how much does a modchip go for? can u buy it in any game store?

striker111
08-23-2003, 02:57 AM
no need chip or open ps2 and it work

Now for the fun part (and challenging part the first couple of times)
This may sound a little complicated at first, but after you do it 3 or 4
times, it’s supper easy. First things first, you must remove the front of your game drive on your PS2(not a big deal, it can snap on and off).
Now insert your gameshark 2 cd(make sure the gameshark memory
card is in one of the 2 slots, doesn’t matter which one.)
In the gameshark options, choose “start game”, then “without”. Your screen should read “Please insert game disk then press X to continue.”
Now this part can be trickey for beginners, so I will provide pictures
-the main purpose of this starting method is to open up the PS2 and
swap the gameshark disk with your burned game without the PS2
knowing you did it. DO NOT press the eject button on the PS2&#33;&#33;&#33;
-with the PS2 cd tray cover removed, you will be able to look in and see a while tab inside the PS2. With a credit card (or something like it) gently slide the white tab all the way over to the right, if you did it correctly, this should allow you to manually pull open the PS2 cd tray.
5) Next, take the gameshark disk out of the PS2 and put in your burned
game.
Gently push the PS2 cd tray fully back into the PS2 (Don’t press the
eject button).
Now you need to slide that white tab all the way back to the left (its
origional position). To do this you get a strong papper clip(needs to be a strong one) stick it into the PS2 on the right side of the white tab and push the tab back to the left.
If you pushed the tab all the way back to the left and did every thing
else right, you are ready to play your game. Just press X on your PS2 controler and watch as your burned game loads. ( It may load slower than an original game, depending on the cd-r you are using, I use Verbatim cd-r’s and have no problems.)

Adster
08-23-2003, 04:10 AM
ahh yeah if it works good

but f*ck that Im not goign to f*ck up my PS2

kidhavoc765
09-04-2003, 08:27 PM
Is there any way that is known as of yet to be able to play either Xbox or PS2 games on a PC?

BROCKSTER
09-13-2003, 08:34 PM
not yet no there isnt a emulator for them yet im afraid

j4y3m
09-16-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by striker111@23 August 2003 - 02:57
no need chip or open ps2 and it work

Now for the fun part (and challenging part the first couple of times)
This may sound a little complicated at first, but after you do it 3 or 4
times, it’s supper easy. First things first, you must remove the front of your game drive on your PS2(not a big deal, it can snap on and off).
Now insert your gameshark 2 cd(make sure the gameshark memory
card is in one of the 2 slots, doesn’t matter which one.)
In the gameshark options, choose “start game”, then “without”. Your screen should read “Please insert game disk then press X to continue.”
Now this part can be trickey for beginners, so I will provide pictures
-the main purpose of this starting method is to open up the PS2 and
swap the gameshark disk with your burned game without the PS2
knowing you did it. DO NOT press the eject button on the PS2&#33;&#33;&#33;
-with the PS2 cd tray cover removed, you will be able to look in and see a while tab inside the PS2. With a credit card (or something like it) gently slide the white tab all the way over to the right, if you did it correctly, this should allow you to manually pull open the PS2 cd tray.
5) Next, take the gameshark disk out of the PS2 and put in your burned
game.
Gently push the PS2 cd tray fully back into the PS2 (Don’t press the
eject button).
Now you need to slide that white tab all the way back to the left (its
origional position). To do this you get a strong papper clip(needs to be a strong one) stick it into the PS2 on the right side of the white tab and push the tab back to the left.
If you pushed the tab all the way back to the left and did every thing
else right, you are ready to play your game. Just press X on your PS2 controler and watch as your burned game loads. ( It may load slower than an original game, depending on the cd-r you are using, I use Verbatim cd-r’s and have no problems.)
im going to try that but im scared :( brockster is it worth trying?

BROCKSTER
09-16-2003, 02:11 PM
in my opinion wud not do this to my ps2 at all no way i wud i mean does this sound healthy for starters

never minda all other stuff i wud keep away from this in my opinion but its only my opinion

Brockster...

j4y3m
09-16-2003, 02:14 PM
:rolleyes: not really lol.....has anyone tried that does it work?

BROCKSTER
09-16-2003, 02:34 PM
it works yes as long as dunvery correctly and not really safest thing to do wiv ur ps2 tho

j4y3m
09-16-2003, 02:38 PM
ill buy another if it brakes :D

BROCKSTER
09-16-2003, 02:40 PM
then go for it lol enter at your own risk :P

j4y3m
09-16-2003, 03:33 PM
lol.....what happened to you on klchat?

BROCKSTER
09-17-2003, 09:46 AM
how do you mean wut happened to me?

dbz
09-21-2003, 12:24 PM
were could i download dragonballz final bout in english so i can play it on my paystation

dbz
09-21-2003, 12:52 PM
i downloaded a ps game and it extraced with 2 files will it play on my ps cuz im havaing trouble with it

Grimlock
10-01-2003, 08:07 PM
If you are following the directions in the original post be careful because the 832kb version of daemon tools on kazaa is a fucking worm virus&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

j4y3m
10-02-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by BROCKSTER@17 September 2003 - 09:46
how do you mean wut happened to me?
there was these flood bot things and then the room emptied.....except me prowl etc :blink:

arifi
10-18-2003, 05:35 AM
i saw,maybe a year ago or longer,on a site where they sold ps2 tools,
a tool which allow you to play burned and import games on your ps2
without modding it.
that thing is/was supposed to be put on the back of ur ps2.
after that you just have to put in a copied or imported game in ur ps2
and play it.
that thing also contains maybe hunderds of cheats.
i havent seen that thing anymore since or heard about it.
does someone knows where im talking about and could you tell me the name of that thing?

j4y3m
10-18-2003, 06:31 AM
I Got A Messiah 2 Now Brocky :D

vene
10-19-2003, 02:25 PM
attempting first ps2 burn,, problem is though im using nero 6 and dont have options 5 and 6 of brocksters guide.
How do i succeed? any other noob encountered this who can help&#33;

j4y3m
10-21-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by vene@19 October 2003 - 14:25
attempting first ps2 burn,, problem is though im using nero 6 and dont have options 5 and 6 of brocksters guide.
How do i succeed? any other noob encountered this who can help&#33;
I Had The Same Problem.....Just Go Recorder>Burn Iamge Always Works For Me :)

bigedn.y.c
10-29-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by stupidguy@21 October 2003 - 06:10
[QUOTE=vene,19 October 2003 - 14:25] attempting first ps2 burn,, problem is i have cdrwin
i have cdrwin 5.0 how would i use it to burn ps2 on cdr

bigedn.y.c
10-29-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by stupidguy@21 October 2003 - 06:10
[QUOTE=vene,19 October 2003 - 14:25] attempting first ps2 burn,, problem is i have cdrwin
i have cdrwin 5.0 how would i use it to burn ps2 on cdr

10-30-2003, 10:46 PM
is there a way to burn gamecube games also?

dartofantioch
11-02-2003, 01:55 AM
Hello everyone, I am wondering if any of you experts can talk to live like Aim or something because I am having alot of problems with this burning stuff

smackdown
11-02-2003, 04:15 PM
ok i have a question i have a bin file and i am going to burn it but when i do it says i dont have enough space on the cd what should i do.
My bin file size is 895 655 211. i dont know if that is right

dako0l
11-06-2003, 06:40 AM
http://www.psxforum.com/

snoopy007
11-14-2003, 08:39 PM
thank you for teh guide............... i know u made it as easy as possible...........but i jus DONT get it.......that been said im a zero when it comes to advanced cpu stuff like that........ anyways thank you i&#39;ll try anyways to do it i dont mean to be a jackass here u took the effort of makin the guide i appreciate it BIG TIME

by the way how can i get a mod chip and how do i insert into my ps2 ?? :D

timanfiya
11-22-2003, 02:25 AM
I&#39;m pretty new to rip and burning and have started burning dvd movies. They all play fine on my PS2 and I haven&#39;t got it chipped. Does this mean if I ripped or downloaded a PS" game on to DVD-R that it would work or is it different for games??

Can I rip a PS2 game using a DVD ripper or do I need different software?

xxgiants1ranger
11-22-2003, 10:43 PM
where can i get this mod chip

11-23-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by 3223@30 October 2003 - 22:46
is there a way to burn gamecube games also?
its been almost a mont now&#33; thanks for the f*ukin help guys. :angry:

BROCKSTER
11-28-2003, 10:45 AM
DUDE there is as far as i know its hard and different sized discs etc so i do not know how im afraid its more difficult take a look on google im sure someone has done it somewhere

DipSet Taliban
12-06-2003, 06:53 PM
do u need a dvd burner to do this or a cd burner and can u burn it on a cd-rw

SingaBoiy
12-15-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by xxgiants1ranger@22 November 2003 - 22:43
where can i get this mod chip
ModChips (http://www.modchips.com)
This is a good site. Im probably gonna get this usb mod chip from ModCHipStore (http://www.modchipstore.com/product_16151_USB_MOD_External_PS2_PlugIn_USB_Modchip.html) Only &#036;17 US and you only have to solder 1 wire. i already have a gameshark but what is this dongle thing they talk about? Couldn&#39;t I just use my normal memory card with it? :blink:

EDIT: n/m that first link i guess they went outta business :unsure:

mooooose
12-27-2003, 03:03 AM
go to mod-chip.com

latest mod-chips

anyway...
if a dvd rip fits on a CDR, can I just burn it onto a CDR instead of a DVD?
will it still work?

mooooose
12-27-2003, 08:13 AM
and... do I have to record the game at 4x ?
doesn&#39;t it work at any other speed?

dunno why but my burner can burn only from 8x-52x ~_~

mooooose
12-27-2003, 08:29 AM
anyone has tried capcom vs snk pro (ps1 game) ?

I tried all thing u said...
load it in virtual drive with alcohol 120%
then copy disc in raw mode..ignore illegal data and such...except at 8x instead of 4x

and it didn&#39;t work.. ~_~"

Soul_stealer
12-31-2003, 05:49 PM
1) Remove the front of your Ps2, no biggie, they snap off. Insert the Gameshark 2 Cd, and put a Gs (GameShark) memory card in one of the slots, (don&#39;t matter which one)
2) In Gs options choose "start game" then "without", the screen should say something like &#39;Insert Game disk then hit X to continue"
3) This is where you gotta put in the disk, but DON&#39;T press eject. Make sure the Ps2 doesn&#39;t register the fact that you opened the disk drive; this is how you do this...
3a) With a credit card or something of the like slide the white tab that is visible (since you opened the front fo the Ps2) all the way to the right.
7) Get a strong paper clip or something to slide that white tab all the way back to the left again.
8) Hit X
9) The game might load a bit slower if you use a cheaper disk to burn the game, but it should work.

http://popularmechanics.com/technology/computers/2002/3/shootout/images/ps2-sm.jpg

ok i may sound stupid but i cant find that 1) Remove the front of your Ps2, no biggie, they snap off thing... i tried all sides and all but i cant find anything that snaps off i might just be blind thought :ph34r: , anyone could help? :smilie4:

I added the pciture so maybe it can help explain... :01:

Alucard666
01-04-2004, 06:00 AM
alright, im pretty much new at this since i&#39;ve never burned a game before. but i got a few questions concerning burning ps2 games. 1)you said
Originally posted by BROCKSTER@24 March 2003 - 12:43
you must have a mod chip to play these games
ok, i dont have a mod chip but i was thinking about getting a fliptop sometime next week and was wondering if the quide also works w/ fliptops. 2) i recently d/l DDR Party Collection and in the folder it had all these winrar files like cvn-ddrpc.nfo, cvn-ddrpc.r00 - r26. now, do i just extract cvn-ddrpc.r00, use the bin and cue from there and just not use the bin and cue&#39;s from the other files or wat?? 3)do i need a dvd burner to burn the games or i can i just use a cd burner and burn the games onto a cd-r. 4)last question. does it matter wat type of disc you use to burn the games?? because i heard if the disc was a low quality one, then it would ruin the lense. well, that&#39;s all for now.

SingaBoiy
01-05-2004, 10:54 AM
1. It should still work for the flip-top method
2. Not sure about files types, maybe BROCK can lay it on you :D
3. Seems logical that games that are originally on dvd discs should be burned on dvd-r and one on non-dvd onto cd-r
4. Its shouldnt harm your lense at all

EDIT: when he says the front on the ps2 Alucard, he means the front of the tray.

Alucard666
01-08-2004, 01:02 AM
thanks a bunch Singaboiy. i should be getting the fliptop in a few days so i&#39;ll just have to see wat happens when i get it. thanks again

j4y3m
01-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Soul_stealer@31 December 2003 - 17:49

8) Hit X

http://popularmechanics.com/technology/computers/2002/3/shootout/images/ps2-sm.jpg

ok i may sound stupid but i cant find that 1) Remove the front of your Ps2, no biggie, they snap off thing... i tried all sides and all but i cant find anything that snaps off i might just be blind thought :ph34r: , anyone could help? :smilie4:

the front of the cd drive

ic99fly
01-16-2004, 12:32 AM
Anyone needing help with burning here can email me or ask me questions of they want.

Tyler

therock
01-16-2004, 10:12 AM
can anyone help,i need to know is it possible to play ps2 games on a computer or not ,and do i must have a dvd player to play them ,i have a cd rom writer and nero ,so if i got a game for example wwe smackdown (here comes the pain ) ,will it work or not ,without that crap about mod-chips that i don&#39;t understand ,please anyone help .

j4y3m
01-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by therock@16 January 2004 - 10:12
can anyone help,i need to know is it possible to play ps2 games on a computer or not ,and do i must have a dvd player to play them ,i have a cd rom writer and nero ,so if i got a game for example wwe smackdown (here comes the pain ) ,will it work or not ,without that crap about mod-chips that i don&#39;t understand ,please anyone help .
Qucik Answer No

SingaBoiy
01-17-2004, 08:07 AM
I have seen one or two emulators out but they dont work. The ones for the ps work though :P

chris_lyon82
01-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Soul_stealer@31 December 2003 - 17:49

I got a an action replay max and could not get this way to work.
If your still looking for the white tab though, its to the right hand side underneath the cd tray. if u still cant find it hold the PS to the light, look down the cd tray an press eject a few times, you&#39;ll see the white tab move.
If anyone can get this method to work with a AR max please let me know cos Im gonna buy a chip soon

Can some one tell me how to make a back up of a PS2 game, Ive tried a few times an then tried them on a chipped PS2 but none of them worked.

Cheers

j4y3m
02-02-2004, 01:13 PM
You can&#39;t use Action Repaly MAX.

sameer0807
02-23-2004, 02:58 PM
Greetings,

well it really took me a while to catch up with dis thread. Really sharin how to burn PS2 games wid others impressed me. Anyhow to my question:

Normally i rent PS2 games from BLOCKBUSTER or ROGERS, my question is: wad are da stuff i need to make a copy of those games....i know dat i need a modchip, which one is better. Wad are the software(s) i need to burn the orignal game to a CDr or DVD disk.

I do hav a DVD burner, CD burner, and lods of free hard disk space.

Any help on dis would be great&#33;&#33; :helpsmile:

Take Care :)

SingaBoiy
02-24-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by sameer0807@23 February 2004 - 06:58
Greetings,

well it really took me a while to catch up with dis thread. Really sharin how to burn PS2 games wid others impressed me. Anyhow to my question:

Normally i rent PS2 games from BLOCKBUSTER or ROGERS, my question is: wad are da stuff i need to make a copy of those games....i know dat i need a modchip, which one is better. Wad are the software(s) i need to burn the orignal game to a CDr or DVD disk.

I do hav a DVD burner, CD burner, and lods of free hard disk space.

Any help on dis would be great&#33;&#33; :helpsmile:

Take Care :)
Nero 6 is all you should need.

Angel Of Destiny
02-27-2004, 02:14 PM
wheres a good place to find the best mod chips ??

Sony
03-07-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Angel Of Destiny@27 February 2004 - 15:14
wheres a good place to find the best mod chips ??
here, that is where i got mine.. http://www.modchipstore.com

buy the Slide-card Swap Magic 3.0 easy and chipper way to play all your backups and others :)

colt45joe
03-08-2004, 07:19 AM
nero isnt all that great for burning dvds, the best i think (and most other people think) is record now max.

SingaBoiy
03-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by colt45joe@7 March 2004 - 22:19
nero isnt all that great for burning dvds, the best i think (and most other people think) is record now max.
Ive never got a bad burn with nero. Plus i really like their imaging tool. And from what ive seen others would pick Nero over many other progs.

But heres i site i found recently for mod-chips (http://www.robotpig.com)... very cheap ;)

opivykid
03-13-2004, 03:29 AM
Hey quick question is there ANY way to play the game without a damned modchip? I have a DVD + CD burner, but theres no way I&#39;d be able to get a modchip. Any help?

Sony
03-13-2004, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by opivykid@13 March 2004 - 04:29
Hey quick question is there ANY way to play the game without a damned modchip? I have a DVD + CD burner, but theres no way I&#39;d be able to get a modchip. Any help?
look my post above^^^ you need a Slide Card and Swap Magic to be able to play the PS2 games&#33;

opivykid
03-13-2004, 04:11 AM
Crap..... I heard there was a way with gameshark though....

j4y3m
03-13-2004, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by opivykid@13 March 2004 - 03:11
Crap..... I heard there was a way with gameshark though....
There is read the whole topic, someone posted it somewhere in here.

jlcst
03-20-2004, 08:50 PM
In reference to MOD CHIPS I have been reading most of the posts here and I have enjoyed them allot as a newbi it has been a great help to me so a big thank you to all who have contributed. One.....or two questions keep cropping up that as yet I have not seen an answer to and they are where can I get a mod chip and how do I fix it to my ps2 so I kept going through the posts hoping to see the answer to these questions, as I say up to yet I have not come across the answer so I decided to search for the answer using google. here is a link for mod chip U.K and also a link for fitting mod chip here you can download a number of pdf tuts with diagrams showing you how it is done :) I hope my small contribution is helpful Keep up the good work folks and thanks again :)

Games and Accessories (http://www.whitedog.co.uk/playstation2.shtml)

Consol info (http://www.consoleinfo.co.uk/messiah2.html)

KabawL
03-24-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by BROCKSTER@26 March 2003 - 12:05
ps (u need a mod chip :lol: )
How about using a swap disk?

Check this site out...

www.Easybuy2000.com

djxedxd
04-05-2004, 01:55 AM
i was told that the action replay worked and saw a guide on how to do this and diagrams and all now you guys say actin replay max dont work it must or worked for some one cuz there was a guide and all right? <_<

now im confused[QUOTE]if its got tits tires or electronics its gonna give ya problems

colt45joe
04-05-2004, 09:50 AM
i just remembered. there is a way to play ps2 backups without a mod chip or anything. i dont know how it works, i got a modchip so i dont got to worry bout it. but for all you people who dont want to get a slide card or modchip, check it out i guess.

http://www.0xd6.org/ps2-independence.html

silent VI
04-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by colt45joe@5 April 2004 - 09:50
i just remembered. there is a way to play ps2 backups without a mod chip or anything. i dont know how it works, i got a modchip so i dont got to worry bout it. but for all you people who dont want to get a slide card or modchip, check it out i guess.

http://www.0xd6.org/ps2-independence.html
that looks tight im gonna check that out on on of my older ps2&#39;s

djxedxd
04-07-2004, 12:08 PM
hey colt did that link work for you when you put it up or did it work for you drunken cuz i get the web site not availible screen every time i tried it i even tried to just put in the basic site not all the html and /// stuff and still no luck [QUOTE]if its got tits tires or electronics its gonna give you problems :rolleyes:

Fastrap
04-11-2004, 12:19 AM
can i burn ps2 backups with a cd-burner and not a dvd burner?

colt45joe
04-11-2004, 12:41 AM
if its a cd game, you can copy it with a cd burner...

if its a dvd game, you can copy it with a dvd burner...

to copy a dvd onto a cd, it is possible, but you would have to take out cinemas and music and some sounds, and some other stuff so that it can fit onto a cd.

use google to find tutorials n stuff on how to do this.

Unikum
05-08-2004, 11:01 AM
How do I get this chip to my ps2? And what kind of cd do I use? regular dvd?

SingaBoiy
05-10-2004, 02:39 AM
First you go to a site they sells them.
ModChipStore (http://www.modchipstore.com)
or
RobotPig (http://www.robotpig.com)

Then you buy one you want... depending on your ps2 model.

They will ship it to you.

Then you install it into your ps2, read the manual. You will have to solder it in if your get a decent one.

Then your done, unless you want to do a bios flash/update.

Unikum
05-10-2004, 04:42 PM
ty singa :D

dudevenezuela
06-29-2004, 01:26 AM
I Have some troubles with some Games

The screen is a little bit to the top than normal so i can see the bottom stuff on the screen&#33;

I&#39;ve heard it may be beacuse of the format PAL or NTSC ?

So are some games burned in PAL format and some in NTSC format?

----------------

Another questions are all games in DVD because of the size doesn&#39;t fix in a CDR?
So can I burned any DVD game in a CDR taking out sounds, music, movies etc?

colt45joe
06-29-2004, 01:39 AM
maybe it has nothing to do with ntsc, or pal. check to see if that game has a screen adjustment in the options menu.

dudevenezuela
06-29-2004, 01:48 AM
Well it happens in couple of games&#33;
Or it can be the mod chip ?

For example in N
-NFSU in DVD ( U can&#39;t see the bottom of the screen even adjusting the screen in display options it won&#39;t be enough) U can play like this in underground mode though . but multiplayer the car at the bottom u can only see the roof

-Deer Hunter in CD the Same thing

- Euro200 in CD : U can see the bottom which is important when penalties because it shows the bar of power and stuff

PD. All of them are burned.. It is not illegal in my country

dudevenezuela
06-29-2004, 02:19 AM
After reading in other sites.. I think what could happen with this game is that they patch a PAL game to a NTSC game but the patch had some troubles with the Y fix

SingaBoiy
07-01-2004, 04:36 AM
You can adjust the y-axis using the patch tool. You&#39;ll have to expirement with it.

dudevenezuela
07-02-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by SingaBoiy@1 July 2004 - 04:44
You can adjust the y-axis using the patch tool. You&#39;ll have to expirement with it.
HOW? I HAVE A DVD BURNED CD&#33;

SingaBoiy
07-03-2004, 03:13 AM
Change the Y-Fix Offset.

9mm tofu
07-05-2004, 12:01 AM
Hey Sony, is it possible to download an image of swap magic online and burn it?
And just use a knife to open the tray?

SingaBoiy
07-07-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by 9mm tofu@4 July 2004 - 15:09
Hey Sony, is it possible to download an image of swap magic online and burn it?
And just use a knife to open the tray?
How are you gonna boot the disc if its burned then? And if you could what would be the point of d/l swap magic if you could boot stuff?

But yea, you can use the knife trick in place of slide card.

teldre
03-12-2005, 06:17 AM
Do you need to purchase a Mod Chip to use burned games on a hard Drive

colt45joe
04-08-2005, 06:22 AM
Do you need to purchase a Mod Chip to use burned games on a hard Drive

to play games on the harddrive...no you dont need a modchip.
just need to buy the disk you do.
HDAdvance, or whatever its called.

porac69
05-19-2005, 01:05 PM
hi there

First off, congratulations on your forum. You explain things clearly and very well...thanks!

Well, I have downloaded a few ps2 games (cd rips) and i have burnt at least 7 cd's and all of them are coasters now so please help me.
;-(

I did what you said, untill the NERO part...I have NERO 6 ULTRA and I tried burning the way you said but the cd's just dont work.

What version of NERO do you use?

and what happens if the files I download and Unzip dont have cue and bin files but ISO files?

and finally, why does the folder I download have many files and I only have to unzip the first one?

Please excuse my ignorance, and I appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks

xGamesShINobI
08-05-2005, 09:23 AM
BROCKSTER hi
Can u show some pictures on the site to make it more easy
I tride everithing but there are some problems :((
Some of the notes that u give dont match
4 example i extract but i dont have bin or cue file and that sucks :D
Pls get some pics on the site
Or place the pics in my mail [email protected]

thiago_
10-26-2005, 06:40 PM
ty for the tutorial

floydz
11-17-2005, 05:47 PM
thanks! works to me

Kyle
12-14-2005, 12:24 AM
where do i doewload games

Maritimo
01-07-2006, 08:48 PM
i have a lot of files and i dont get a cue and a bin file i get an iso file and i cant seem to get it to work, well i got it a while back to work on another game but i can't remeber how i did it can anyone help me

drummerboy2006
03-31-2006, 07:34 PM
can i use nero to burn

suprafreak6
03-31-2006, 10:33 PM
wow does this guide need to be update, yeah you can use nero to burn

Monkeee
04-02-2006, 12:28 AM
has anyone tried using "PlayStation 2 Swap Magic" and can verify that it works?

Gamerguy6
04-02-2006, 08:45 AM
My friend tried swap magic and it works for his ps2 but its easier if you get your ps2 modded like me.Just put in burned disk and play.Simple as that.

Gamerguy6
04-02-2006, 08:49 AM
And also its easier to burn with dvd decrypter just unrar the files and then open up dvd decryter and select mode->iso-> write and select your iso or image file.Kinda easier then using nero.

nakro
05-01-2006, 06:54 AM
you should get a modchip brother :D

k20importtuner
06-10-2006, 06:59 PM
great guide!

ShadowSamuraiX
06-18-2006, 03:27 AM
N e one know where I can download these ps2 back ups?

hisamrain
06-22-2006, 02:19 AM
Great help.
thanks

cowswithoutass
06-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Here is a guide on how to play backup or downloaded ps2 games without a mod chip using action replay max

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/291684

Biggmike
08-05-2006, 07:59 PM
it is so much easier to use hdloader

hayden88
09-10-2006, 10:59 AM
ok. im just some 16 year old guy with a ps 2 and nero and i only use nero for burning music cds. for my 16th my dad sent my ps2 to get a chip put in from some video games shop. all i need to know is a dummies guide to copying ps or ps2 games using nero 6. i just want to borrow games from the store and copy them and have them to play on my chipped ps2.
can someone PLEASE HELP ME work it out. also i tired one and it had a protect. how do i override that?
im basically just looking for a guide of how to do this. like can i use just normal cd-r? so confusing!!! i hope this wasnt a waste of money.

ram82082
10-12-2006, 12:09 AM
basktbal: I heard that you cant play online with those HD loaders and that the load times are really slow. true?

hayden: Ok first dont use nero its WAY harder that way. Just download DvdDecrypter. Its this easy
1. start dvddecrypter
2. put game into comp
3. click the mode button up top, you'll get 3 options (File F, Iso I , Iso >)
4. Iso > will give you 2 options READ OR WRITE. Obviously you want to READ the disk
4. click the decrypt button, this should take about 15 mins
5. click mode ISO WRITE
6. select your file, ISO or MDS(you can add either 1. ISO is just the image files/actual game. if you add the MDS file the ISO will automatically be loaded
7. check you burn speed and whatever other options you wish..... click the burn button
Thats it

No, you cant use normal cd-r, unless the OG game was cd-rom(says it on the box). Newer games are mostly DVD-rom, so you'll need dvd-r. Preferably good ones Taiyo Yuden, Ritek, Verbatum. Using good quality dvd-r will help you make fewer coasters and will also cuz less stress to your lens(yes backups cause strain to your lens & motor, you'll hear the difference). And remember to burn your backup at atleast half of the dvd-r's max speed, this will further reduce failed burns. I prefer 2x, takes awhile but works well.

Its really not that hard. I thought the same thing. Just remember 1. ISO READ 2. ISO WRITE and burn at a slow speed

ram82082
10-12-2006, 12:11 AM
O yea, what mod chip do you have and can it play backups. It should but just checking, cause I use Swap Magic.

Acar
10-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Thanks for this excellent guide.

Tmaster
10-28-2006, 07:57 PM
the mod chip matrix

ior66881
10-30-2006, 03:32 PM
tnx

SPLITER
11-05-2006, 03:51 PM
cool tutorial! I think my ps2 is too new... im not sure...

gatorade
11-21-2006, 03:16 AM
great guide

shanghai01
01-08-2007, 04:21 AM
thaanks man. worked

quest chest
01-12-2007, 06:13 AM
hey man do you have a guide for 360 if so can you help me out

bijoux
01-14-2007, 07:00 AM
ive burned 5 backups successfully using this method. thanks OP! :)

djxkape
03-04-2007, 10:57 PM
thanks a friend was asking me about this earlier lol

kidstretch
03-09-2007, 03:30 PM
cool,thanks! :)

nodigity
03-09-2007, 03:40 PM
thanks real helpful

his_maj3sty
03-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked but are you able to do this with a CD burner or is a DVD burner necessary?

kuosimodo
03-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the helpful guide

dipset
03-23-2007, 05:06 AM
my bro burned a couple coasters the other day im definately gona forward him this one.. thanks

SputnikSweethrt
03-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Thank you for the guide.

Just to add, for ISO files it's faster and easier to:
Right click -> Open with -> Nero Burning ROM
and then just hit the burn button :D
Haven't had any problems burning image files in this way yet.

thedove75
03-29-2007, 01:02 PM
thanks man

RUSSEL
04-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the guide.

kuzzel540
05-14-2007, 02:34 AM
It seems your making it harder than it is. All you need is winrar and dvd decrypter. Download the ps2 game. Extract the image to your hard drive. Burn the image (.bin to cd-r, or .iso to dvd-r) using DVD Decrypter. DVD Decrypter can burn cd-r and dvd-r (can't read cd-rom though, only dvd-rom).

AkaiDoresu
05-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Can you use both DVDR- and DVDR+ when burning a CD ?

Fuga
06-06-2007, 10:36 AM
ur the best!

yohanas26
06-13-2007, 06:27 AM
another awesome all purpose program for burning games and images is a program called imgburn. check it out. Its worth ur time.

dan1973
11-17-2007, 09:09 AM
how bout ps3 games, how can i use/burn/play backups??

nour140
11-17-2007, 11:51 AM
nice people

nour140
11-17-2007, 11:54 AM
nice people

Bad Blue Boy
11-17-2007, 04:21 PM
thanks for the guide m8 i will try to as you said!!!

GAGO
12-31-2007, 11:35 PM
when i burn the games they work very slow

yakir132
01-01-2008, 09:49 PM
very useful .. thanks for the guid .

romeofire
05-20-2008, 04:22 AM
excellent tip:01:

stoi
05-20-2008, 04:29 AM
Remember this was wrote in 2003, i actually remember when the OP wrote this, scary lol

But this is when PS2 modchips could not play DVD games so most of what you got were CD rips of DVD games. Its probably harder to find one of them now than anything tbh, i remmember MOH being on 3cds and cd 2 never worked for me lol

All you do now is unrar, open ISO with imgburn, burn onto a DVD (Tayo Yuden are the best brand for PS2) and burn no faster than 4* and its done.

Dreamwarrior
05-21-2008, 08:19 AM
I don't see what problem people have with burning PS2 games. I always use Nero as program, Verbatim Azo 16* DVD-R on my LiteOn LH-20A1S. And the games always work. Except for Valkyrie Profile but in this case I'm very sure that it detects the Crystal Chip that is in my PS2.

0riGiNaLBoX
05-24-2008, 04:16 PM
thanks for this because i burn wrong more DVDs