PDA

View Full Version : Connect To Multiple Servers

Infested Cats
03-26-2003, 10:39 PM
I was wondering if it was possible to connect to multiple servers in one mIRC window, upon the initial opening of mIRC. Is there some sort of command i can enter in the "perform options"?

Any help would be appreciated.

KXM
03-26-2003, 11:51 PM
You can on Trillian Pro... I'm not sure on mIRC... I know you can't on the older ones... Haven't used it since Trillia came out.

Infested Cats
03-27-2003, 12:46 AM
i know it's IS possible to connect to multiple servers in mirc, but how can i connect to multiple servers upon connection??

Yusuke
03-27-2003, 09:29 AM
I dunno of any way to have a certian amount of server connection windows open upon startup of mirc
You could put
/server -n
into the "perform options" thing and that'll spawn a new server connection window, but it won't do it until you actually connect to a server though (and it'll do that for every server you connect to.... i.e. if you connect to p2pchat it'll open a new window, then if you connect to another server it'll open a new one and so on)....

Infested Cats
03-27-2003, 06:53 PM
so, could i do something like this in the "perform box"?:

/s irc.p2pchat.net
/j #KLchat

/s -n irc.gamesnet.net
/j #whatever

Yusuke
03-27-2003, 11:52 PM
yeah that should work..
if you want that second server window to connect to gamesnet.net when it launches it, use /server -m irc.gamesnet.net, than /join #whatever instead of -n