PDA

View Full Version : These Different filesharing softwares ...???????

nabeelisnabeel
10-19-2004, 12:21 AM
whats the best thing to use...kazaa or kazaa lite....
i m asking according to the number of results. not in the sense of adware.

and also tell me what is this emule and donkey softwares and wat about bit torrent........

i will greatly appreciate the answers of some experienced uses.

natedogg
10-19-2004, 12:31 AM
they all suck get winmx www.winmx.com

nabeelisnabeel
10-19-2004, 01:10 AM
whats so special in it that is missing in kazaa lite

natedogg
10-19-2004, 01:28 AM
no fake files :)

Mr. Blunt
10-19-2004, 01:54 AM
I <3 Ares.

h121589
10-19-2004, 02:47 AM
and also Limewire has no fake files :D

nabeelisnabeel
10-19-2004, 05:20 PM
umm......
any new information from you people will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Benno
10-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Basically everything is better now than kazaa or kazaalite ;)
Since its flooded with viruses, fake files and your downlaods will become coruppted or youll end up with an incomplete file.

Emule has probably the most files and you wont get any fake/corrupt files on the other hand its very slow.

Bittorrent is great but its mostly new files unless you know where to look ;)
Additionally its very fast for most ppl.

If you are willing to invest a bit more time into learning I recommend IRC. You'll get all new files fast. Theres a great guide here on the board.

I dont know about the other apps mentioned above as im dont use them though they wont be bad when they get recommend.

The only one I have to disagree is Limewire I tried it quite some time ago and if they didnt improve it greatly i gotta say it sucks. lots of search results but no downloads ;)

Mr. Blunt
10-19-2004, 10:52 PM
Don't try regular Limewire, use Limewire Pro.

iMartin
10-20-2004, 02:42 AM
Don't try regular Limewire, use Limewire Pro.

LimeWire Pro PWNZ J00R N00BY A55!

PM me for a link.

nabeelisnabeel
10-23-2004, 01:17 AM
Basically everything is better now than kazaa or kazaalite ;)
Since its flooded with viruses, fake files and your downlaods will become coruppted or youll end up with an incomplete file.

Emule has probably the most files and you wont get any fake/corrupt files on the other hand its very slow.

Bittorrent is great but its mostly new files unless you know where to look ;)
Additionally its very fast for most ppl.

If you are willing to invest a bit more time into learning I recommend IRC. You'll get all new files fast. Theres a great guide here on the board.

I dont know about the other apps mentioned above as im dont use them though they wont be bad when they get recommend.

The only one I have to disagree is Limewire I tried it quite some time ago and if they didnt improve it greatly i gotta say it sucks. lots of search results but no downloads ;)

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

i m trying these differeent softwares now a days...

i have installed emuile ++ and Winmx....

and downloading bittorent and gluz at he moment... :)

wil keep posting. whenever i get better results.

u ppl also contribute here

nabeelisnabeel
10-24-2004, 11:40 PM
i shall inform you people about hte latest news and experinces.

Fighter-X
10-28-2004, 03:01 AM
Hey why do ppl like Limewire??!?!? Limewire runs through the gnutella network!!! It displays your IP address leaving it open to the RIAA bitches.

Careful of the gnutella network....

iMartin
10-28-2004, 03:06 AM
Hey why do ppl like Limewire??!?!? Limewire runs through the gnutella network!!! It displays your IP address leaving it open to the RIAA bitches.

Careful of the gnutella network....

Any P2P displays your IP somewhere or another.
:huh:

nabeelisnabeel
11-04-2004, 11:33 PM
lately, i have installed gluz + winmx + emule ++. and ound that all are working well. but one problem i found with gluz is that it utilizez almost 100% CPU and my pc becomes slow due to it.

:-)

nabeelisnabeel
11-04-2004, 11:37 PM
Any P2P displays your IP somewhere or another.
:huh:
yup u r write

orcutt989
11-04-2004, 11:44 PM

and also tell me what is this emule and donkey softwares and wat about bit torrent........

If you arent asking in the sense of adaware, are you asking in the sense of do you want to be sued or not?

nabeelisnabeel
11-05-2004, 12:06 AM
If you arent asking in the sense of adaware, are you asking in the sense of do you want to be sued or not?

i am asking n the sense of do we want our knowledge to be increased or not?

RealitY
11-05-2004, 07:25 AM
You could take a look at my News Guide and all you need is in my Sig also.
If you have access there really isnt anything better on almost any level...

cpt_azad
11-05-2004, 09:14 AM
Bittorrent owns all (except if you're looking for old files, then emule)

Skiz
11-05-2004, 09:46 AM
Soulseek is great for music. I don't know if it's any better than any of these others but I've never had to even try anything else.

orcutt989
11-05-2004, 08:35 PM
v
i am asking n the sense of do we want our knowledge to be increased or not?What I am saying is to use Kazaa Lite, or Ares they both resemble each other much, but i like Kazaa Lite more. And i would also suggest the program called Bittorrent. I use these two programs for everything. Oh yes, and i also forgot soulseek, great for rare music. Kazaa Lite (Not KMD) is great if you are looking for a file and need to download it quick, just make sure you know how to tell if a file is fake or not.

Peerzy
11-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Topsites/axx/dumps own all Bittorent/Newsgroups/IRC. Consantly maxes you out, new files before anywhere else and i mean this b ecuase this is he place groups upload there files to and they first appear on the net.

nabeelisnabeel
11-13-2004, 01:10 AM
vWhat I am saying is to use Kazaa Lite, or Ares they both resemble each other much, but i like Kazaa Lite more. And i would also suggest the program called Bittorrent. I use these two programs for everything. Oh yes, and i also forgot soulseek, great for rare music. Kazaa Lite (Not KMD) is great if you are looking for a file and need to download it quick, just make sure you know how to tell if a file is fake or not.

i love it man.... klite k ++ :)

nabeelisnabeel
11-13-2004, 01:13 AM
You could take a look at my News Guide and all you need is in my Sig also.
If you have access there really isnt anything better on almost any level...

i think , the options for signatrures in my profile is disabled so thats y i m not able to c any signatures here.

nabeelisnabeel
11-13-2004, 01:15 AM
Bittorrent owns all (except if you're looking for old files, then emule)

i downoaded it but dont know how to use it...its so dffernt.

let me make a post for it

nabeelisnabeel
11-13-2004, 01:18 AM
Soulseek is great for music. I don't know if it's any better than any of these others but I've never had to even try anything else.

i think the number f ppl sharing at soulseek is the smallest.

nabeelisnabeel
11-13-2004, 01:24 AM
Topsites/axx/dumps own all Bittorent/Newsgroups/IRC. Consantly maxes you out, new files before anywhere else and i mean this b ecuase this is he place groups upload there files to and they first appear on the net.

so that means ppl are going crazy for biittorent.

lets try it

nabeelisnabeel
12-05-2004, 04:33 PM
any new news about the news of filesharing programs??

Arm
12-06-2004, 06:43 AM
Direct Connect is better. Though the rules hubs have are pretty strict if not draconian.

Samurai
12-06-2004, 06:57 AM
Ok STOP!

I have no idea why no one has pointed this out yet but uninstall that version of emule you have on your system right now.

I quote from the Official eMule Homepage:

WARNING! a "new" client was released with the name eMule++.
This client is breaking the GPL as the published sources doesn't match
the compiled program features. Please don't get fooled as it's an old
eMule Plus release modified in a way that can be dangerous.

I'd also recommending that you scan your PC for crap using Spybot S&D & Ad-Aware and at the very least a virus scan on your whole system.

Now, as for p2p clients, I recommend eMule Plus for programs, games and films, whereas I recommend WinMX for music and music videos.

Both programs can be found by looking at my sig and clicking on the links.

RealitY
12-06-2004, 10:39 AM
i think , the options for signatrures in my profile is disabled so thats y i m not able to c any signatures here.
Look at the Guide section then its also there as well...

nabeelisnabeel
12-20-2004, 03:47 AM
Direct Connect is better. Though the rules hubs have are pretty strict if not draconian.

i heard first time aobut Direct Connect.

nabeelisnabeel
12-20-2004, 03:50 AM
Ok STOP!

I have no idea why no one has pointed this out yet but uninstall that version of emule you have on your system right now.

I quote from the Official eMule Homepage:

I'd also recommending that you scan your PC for crap using Spybot S&D & Ad-Aware and at the very least a virus scan on your whole system.

Now, as for p2p clients, I recommend eMule Plus for programs, games and films, whereas I recommend WinMX for music and music videos.

Both programs can be found by looking at my sig and clicking on the links.

thankx brother for sharing the information.

caraloca
12-31-2004, 02:33 AM
Did anybody try this program? ;
http://trustyfiles.com/
I tried it and I like it, it connects you to emule, bitorrents and kazaa but it filters the results from it so you won't get bad files.

Imagine a rich universe of music, movies, games, and software. Hot mp3 tunes, killer videos and photos, rad software. ... Explore new tastes and genres. Rediscover forgotten pleasures. ... Revel in 10 billion titles and choose among thousands of search results. Enjoy a single click to share with friends or save for the fastest downloads.
The dream lives today -- free file sharing, no spyware, no added software, multiple network search and download with Kazaa, Gnutella, and Bit Torrent. A state-of-the-art P2P file sharing engine for the most results. Pure P2P. Only with TrustyFiles.

fsmstr007
01-05-2005, 06:57 AM
IMHO The next big thing will be hornetp2p. If freenet and bittorrnet had a love child, this would be it. It's free opensource file sharing, no spyware. A state-of-the-art filesharing application. It's pure safe, anonymous, encrypted and fast.

Think tor, i2p, mute, only with a good gui and internally hosted verified websites. Anyone can run an anonymous verified website to showcase thier shared content.

Just imagine worry free filesharing, without the problems kazaa, gnutella, bittorrent and other outdated clients and networks suffer from.

fsmstr007
01-07-2005, 05:11 AM

Well they both will get about the same results, though kazaa lite certainly is the better client of the two.

As to emule, donkey and bittorrent, well emule/donkey has lots of content and millions of users, though as it's been said is very slow and so having that much content and users doesn't really do much for you. Bittorrent is fairly new and very popular, provides the best speeds out of just about anything else and IMO that it's best client is azureus at the moment.

Though if you're willing to go with something fresh and new, I'd recommend an ants client like hornetp2p. It's fast though not quite as fast as bittorrent, but it's anonymous, secure and is faster than mute with better security and a far better interface. If your new to filesharing this might be the best client to start with (safety and simplicity wise).

If you're wondering about which is better kazaa / kazaa lite or emule/donkey, bittorrent. Then I'd have to say bittorrent is the best out of those choices (though recently many of its' major sites have been shutdown / taken offline and many more are sure to soon follow, it's yet to be seen if any will return at some point or if they are truely gone for good).

Though at this point many bittorrent users are probably looking for an alternative, sadly a client named exeem tried to exploit them and hailed itself as a bittorrent replacement or something, there was too much hype and it turned out to be a adware/spyware filled pile of steaming garbage (basically bittorrent, with a distributed search and adware, in other words another kazaa, bah lamerz). Anyways a real alternative to bittorrent would be ants (particually the hornetp2p client/network). Though not as fast it still is fairly fast and allows for users to anonymously run a verifieds website or any other kind of site.

powerstick
01-13-2005, 08:48 AM
Overnet 0.52 just google or pm me for an ed2k

Samurai
01-13-2005, 08:54 AM
stop piping the dead horse, so to speak.

sammydee
01-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Is this hornetp2p thing that fsmstr007 seems to be touting a client or a network? If its a client, where can I download it? Might be worth trying.

LuLu_Lees
12-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Urm - if emule is slow then it may be a firewall problem, or patience - as the downloads pick up incredibly after about half and hour or so online... but these days fakes are quite a problem with movies - not so much other things - so best get in touch with verification forums like here :) Azureus is a very fast bittorrent client - but can chew up resources so much that getting your email can be a problem...

digmen1
12-04-2005, 03:03 AM
Ares is good only for popular files.

No fakes and now connects very fast and unlike Limewire does not need babysitting and it does notkeep disconnecting like Limewire does.

Limewire has more rare files on it.

Regards
Digby

tree_for
12-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Ares is good only for popular files.

No fakes and now connects very fast and unlike Limewire does not need babysitting and it does notkeep disconnecting like Limewire does.

Limewire has more rare files on it.

Regards
Digby
Ares kinda suckz in opinion, but hav to agree on e fact tat Limewire keeps disconn

tree_for
12-04-2005, 12:50 PM
just a qn, why all of a sudden this thread got bumped??