PDA

View Full Version : d:\ is not accessible??

Skiz
10-20-2004, 02:14 AM
d:\ is not accessible

Incorrect function.

This is the error I get when trying to run a disc. Everything else works in the drive; games, movies, etc. The disc is a cell phone disc. You know, the discs with ringers, wallpapers, games, etc. Why won't it work?

iMartin
10-20-2004, 02:39 AM
My friend had this similiar problem, his CD drive could read regualar CDs but not burnt CDs. He just got a new CD drive and fixed that problem.

Skiz
10-20-2004, 02:45 AM
This is a new one. A GOOD ONE. It reads everything.

TheRealDave
10-20-2004, 06:43 AM
This is a new one. A GOOD ONE. It reads everything.
obveously not everything if it cannot read them :P

what make/model is it?

dodgy368
10-20-2004, 11:00 AM
Sounds like either the disc is corrupt or you haven't got the correct software to read the format of that disc.

johannes001
10-20-2004, 06:22 PM
Are you sure you arent trying to load a DVD data disc in a CD-ROM /R/RW etc ???
JoHaN

Skiz
10-20-2004, 08:39 PM
obviously not everything if it cannot read them :P

what make/model is it?
I knew someone was going to say this.:dry:

It was cheap in price but it has played everything at one point or another. Its a Digital Technologies DVD RW 8X. Ive never had a problem with it in the past, especially not a CD-R compatibility issue.

Sounds like either the disc is corrupt or you haven't got the correct software to read the format of that disc.

The disc may be bad, yes. The correct software? Its a disc full of phone ringers etc. I doubt thats the problem, I bought it off eBay from a guy who sells tons of these and Ive read through his feedback and there are no complaints of this type. I emailed him and am waiting for a response.

Are you sure you arent trying to load a DVD data disc in a CD-ROM /R/RW etc ???

.......Yes I'm sure:dry:

tesco
10-20-2004, 08:42 PM
do you have another drive, or could you try it in a friends, just to make sure it's the disc?

and other discs work right?

dodgy368
10-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Agree with Rossco, try it on another pc, sounds like a dodgy disc to me.;)

ps, why did you pay for it?

Smurfette
10-21-2004, 01:48 AM
Have you checked that the disc was finalised when it was burned?

Skiz
10-21-2004, 05:15 AM
do you have another drive, or could you try it in a friends, just to make sure it's the disc?

and other discs work right?
Yeah, every other disc of any kind I've tried works just fine. I did however take it to work today and tried it in my pc there. I went to run > d: and the pc said 'Please insert a disc'. Strange.

Have you checked that the disc was finalised when it was burned?
How do I do that?

Also, I emailed the guy today and he said he hasn't run into this problem yet. He says he's gonna send me another disc. I think he probably bought one of these and is just ripping them and reselling them. I don't care though as long as it works. (which it isnt:dry: ). Hopfully he will rectify the situation. Any continued help though is still appreciated.

tesco
10-21-2004, 12:09 PM
He probably didn't burn it right. just wait for the new disc.

Smurfette
10-21-2004, 12:26 PM
How do I do that?

Check it with Nero.

Skiz
10-28-2004, 11:53 AM
New disc worked