PDA

View Full Version : Burning .AVI to ordinary CD

Aurora
10-21-2004, 03:03 AM
Hi!

I have lots of .AVI movies, and I want to burn them on normal CD and watch them in the DVD Player (not computer).

I used Super DVD Ripper, and the only option that fits is ‘Select previously generated VCD/SVCD/AVI files to burn CD’. So at least it managed to put 713MB on 700MB, but my DVD player doesn’t recognize it.

Am I doing this right?
Is there maybe a better program for it?
And my CD-DVD burner on computer is English standard, while my DVD player is American, can that be a problem?
What is a .VOB? What kind of file is that? Never sow that before.

Thanks up front :)

RealitY
10-21-2004, 03:08 AM
Most DVD players cant play avi files, so you will have encode them to mpeg formats to watch them or if you can handle spending as little as $69 I suggest you get this Phililps (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?scy=US&tmplt=CE_EU&slg=ENG&SearchTxt=DVP642&ctn=DVP642/17) DVD player, it can play just about anything straight away...

vivitron 15
10-21-2004, 09:19 AM
and if you dont wanna buy a new player - then download tmpeg encoder and use that to convert to "vcd" then burn

AndrewBarker
10-21-2004, 12:41 PM
What is a .VOB? What kind of file is that? Never sow that before.

VOB stands for DVD Video Object. It is basically one of the core files found on DVD-Video discs and contains the actual movie data.

Basically VOB file is just a basic MPEG-2 system stream -- meaning that it is a file that contains multiplexed MPEG-2 video stream, audio streams (normally AC3 format) and subtitle streams.

Aurora
10-21-2004, 07:26 PM
Ok I'll try that. Where do I get tmpeg encoder?

And thanks for .vob explination.

vivitron 15
10-21-2004, 07:33 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=20&hl=en&q=tmpeg&btnG=Search&meta=

truly your friend

Mïcrösöül°V³
10-21-2004, 09:13 PM
do you guys think that tmpgnec is better or worse or even with cinema craft encoder? aside from the money you have to pay for CCE. other than that.

manker
10-21-2004, 09:26 PM
do you guys think that tmpgnec is better or worse or even with cinema craft encoder? aside from the money you have to pay for CCE. other than that.
I think TMPGenc is a better program, I've had limited experience with CCE but I didn't like it much. However, the quality of the encoding is pretty similar - at least I couldn't tell the difference.

The overall UI of TMPGenc seemed much more logical to me.

sArA
10-22-2004, 12:30 PM
I like tmpgenc and it has a easy to use cut and merge facility for when the mpg is huge... :)

Aurora
10-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the link :)

Aurora
10-23-2004, 12:32 AM
I got some more questions now :(

I got the program, (btw, wizard seams more complicate than program).

I have AVI movie, shall I put the same thing on Video and Audio, where it asked? Because when I marked video source it said: warning: nothing to output bframe decoder lag.

And for Audio source I tried to put same avi movie, because I don't have anything else is said: can not open, or unsupported.

So I obviously need help using this thing.

Another thing, what is the best ratio for size? I tried 800x400, but it looked a bit stretched.

Thanks everybody for your patience

Emdee
10-23-2004, 12:57 AM
You should be able to extract the audio using Virtualdub and use that as your audio source, which is probably better in the long run

Aurora
10-23-2004, 02:57 PM
You should be able to extract the audio using Virtualdub and use that as your audio source, which is probably better in the long run

Virtualdub?

tesco
10-24-2004, 04:15 AM
Virtualdub?
VirtualDUB (http://www.virtualdub.org/)

Gripper
10-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to use mchspl2's kvcd guide,look in guides for it,its easy to follow and works for me,you can change the settings to fit on an ordainary 700mb disc

musicmaster
10-31-2004, 04:40 AM
Do any of you recommend using GK or AGK... or is this only for ripping/encoding, and not what Aurora actually was asking for in the original post?

Tifosi
10-31-2004, 04:44 AM
Do any of you recommend using GK or AGK

Yes :)

... or is this only for ripping/encoding, and not what Aurora actually was asking for in the original post?

Yes :)

musicmaster
10-31-2004, 05:48 AM
It wasnt meant for my personal knowledge... as I know its for encoding... but I thought it might help the original poster, as being a better program to use than the others suggested previously.

RealitY
10-31-2004, 06:51 AM
Ive never used it myself but you may also take a look at FilmMachine (http://members.home.nl/thefilmmachine/) as it seems to simplify the whole thing...

Aurora
11-06-2004, 02:48 AM
OK. I'll try it. Not much time right now... but eventually :(