PDA

View Full Version : Isn't this board a little unsafe??...

sebastian_insua
10-21-2004, 02:43 PM
Don't get me wrong but surely government officials/RIAA/MPAA/etc.. love this site, everybody here talks about p2p and are obvious big downloaders/uploaders.
It is also one of the first places to go to see if anything has been leaked.
People here often also talk about using applications like protowall to be more secure but they then come here and talk about there P2P usage and it all seems a little silly.
What is stopping them from collecting everybodies IP addresses up (and other information) and then busting everybody who has used the board for illegal reasons...
What is stopping the site from being sued????

manker
10-21-2004, 02:46 PM
Don't get me wrong but surely government officials/RIAA/MPAA/etc.. love this site.

How would you know this unless you are an RIAA agent.

/ban

TheRealDave
10-21-2004, 03:00 PM
we are doing nothing illegal here apart from discussing recently leaked stuff :P

no cracks/hacks. nothing illegal :P

ahctlucabbuS
10-21-2004, 03:04 PM
So true, and remember if I ever made any indication in my posts of real life activities consider this a disclaimer:

It was all hypothetical :p

Filliz
10-21-2004, 03:26 PM
How would you know this unless you are an RIAA agent.

/ban

Ofcourse they're watching this site :rolleyes:
This forum started because of the developement of Kazaa-lite.
Kazaa being the most "popular"(well known) p2p app,surely they must know this board as well.

But...collecting our IP's in order to sue us for posting hashes,discussing filesharing,is in itself illigal (i think) and pretty much useless.

Posting hashes and discussing filesharing is perfectly legal.
Admitting to downloading and uploading copywrited stuff isn't something they can sue you for,unless they can proof it themself.

They can't go like "But,but...you said on a message board that you dl'ed Superman 2". :rolleyes:

TheRealDave
10-21-2004, 03:38 PM
So true, and remember if I ever made any indication in my posts of real life activities consider this a disclaimer:

It was all hypothetical :p
as with all of us :01:

manker
10-21-2004, 03:49 PM
I don't know how you can all be so blasé about having an RIAA employee on this board. I'm going to format :fear:

BawA
10-21-2004, 04:15 PM
its been long time we didnt see any RIAA/MPAA againt on this board :lol: , when Klite was on the Top we used to have many Againts on the board :lol:

Cheese
10-21-2004, 04:21 PM
Like this little board even registers on their radar now... :lol:

TheRealDave
10-21-2004, 04:38 PM
Like this little board even registers on their radar now... :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Peerzy
10-21-2004, 04:39 PM
I remember when I.N posted who he thought were the RIAA agents from the board.....Nikkid, Azzz and Withch....(see's above post)errrr.....withchildren.

DanB
10-21-2004, 04:45 PM
I remember when I.N posted who he thought were the RIAA agents from the board.....Nikkid, Azzz and Withch....(see's above post)errrr.....withchildren.

:lol: :lol: That was a funny weekend

poor goldfish :(

manker
10-21-2004, 05:01 PM
Coincidently Dan sent me the saved .html of that incident the other night ... didn't you fall for it hook line and sinker :lol:

are you saying these are/could be RIAA agents? :angry: :angry: :angry:

if they arnt then they have got a hell of a fight to clear there names :dry:

It was a particularly funny thread :D

100%
10-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Don't get me wrong but surely government officials/RIAA/MPAA/etc.. love this site, everybody here talks about p2p and are obvious big downloaders/uploaders.
It is also one of the first places to go to see if anything has been leaked.
People here often also talk about using applications like protowall to be more secure but they then come here and talk about there P2P usage and it all seems a little silly.
What is stopping them from collecting everybodies IP addresses up (and other information) and then busting everybody who has used the board for illegal reasons...
What is stopping the site from being sued????
we are the little people

To post on this forum does not mean you are doing anything illegal

RIA\MPAètc may come to take a look and learn - so do many others, john, suzy, bored cia , alquaida, shish, and Bot etc

sorry to disillusion you but....we are not unique

this forum does not offer direct downloads to illegal items it discusses it - this is legal

i think ria or any policelady is trying to find the Core problem - your '
ISP knows more about you than Ria - and if you ever make a "mistake" - your isp will tell.

yes sebastian_insua i know what your IP number is.

use a proxies and be as paranoid as hell.

Have a nice day

Snee
10-21-2004, 09:36 PM
its been long time we didnt see any RIAA/MPAA againt on this board :lol: , when Klite was on the Top we used to have many Againts on the board :lol:
Againts eh? and you are sure of this because...?

Spicker
10-21-2004, 11:46 PM
im an agent....from riaa :01: u are all Safe :D now go back to ur downloading/uploading

Mathea
10-22-2004, 02:16 AM
omfg..... u ppl illegally dl stuff? wtf I am shocked and appalled and outraged and im leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shame on you all

brb

BawA
10-22-2004, 07:52 AM

ur not old enough(on this board) to understand this, as i said back in old days when klite was on top, and klite project is dead for more then 8 months.

Arm
10-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Cary Sherman isnt posting here anymore so I guess the RIAA lost intrest in trying to get us to incriminate ourself by what we post on the internet.

BawA
10-22-2004, 08:01 AM
:lol: i forgot that, well i think thier spy's r retiered after shuting down klite project.

Arm
10-22-2004, 08:05 AM
Eh Kazaa sucks anyway. It was good for it's time. But now it's time for that old horse to go to the glue factory (Sourceforge (http://www.sourceforge.net) that is :shifty: ).

lynx
10-22-2004, 08:18 AM
You can't fool us SnnY, we know you're secretly one of them. :rolleyes:

manker
10-22-2004, 08:25 AM
After reading this thread I fear everyone, especially SnnY.

I've just burned my HD in a hobo style bin fire and am using my RAM as a web browser cache :fear:

DanB
10-22-2004, 08:27 AM
:ph34r:

asmithz
10-22-2004, 09:05 AM
:lol: i forgot that, well i think thier spy's r retiered after shuting down klite project.

They never did that, paul just stop working on it. ;)

BawA
10-22-2004, 09:13 AM
no i ment when klite was stoped spy's also retiered cuz there was no need of sharmen agints to be here, thier only purpose of being here was to check moding of Kazaa

asmithz
10-22-2004, 09:14 AM
I am pretty sure that FBI does cross over this forum from time to time. Just like any other site. ;)

BawA
10-22-2004, 09:18 AM
if they do thier nuts, there's notting going on this forum since long time