PDA

View Full Version : Help With Building Laptop!

freak
03-27-2003, 05:35 AM
ok im starting to build my PC and i want to know can u build laptops do they sell cases for them or is it not possiable too build ur own laptop? It seems like you should be able to but i can't seem to find anywhere that sells the stuff needed?!?! :huh:

zapjb
03-27-2003, 08:25 AM
IMO if you go that way you're just asking for trouble. But I'd be interested to see if anybody thinks it can be easily done.

alan36uk
03-27-2003, 11:21 AM
It will probobly be cheaper to buy a new one.
All them components are way expensive.

Nobody1234
03-27-2003, 01:54 PM
Well I have often thought about this. It seems that you can get a better laptop already build but that may be only my perception.

Lamsey
03-27-2003, 04:48 PM
It's probably best just to go with one from Dell, HP or the like.

Notebook parts are expensive, and I've heard that notebooks are very difficult to set up - there's just not as much flexibility as with a desktop.

freak
03-27-2003, 08:38 PM
ok if i were to get on prebuilt how hard would it be to modify it what i want is a clear type case would i be able to swap farily easy and do the even sell laptop cases?

imported_The__One
03-27-2003, 08:55 PM
Laptops are only flexible in "certain areas" sutch as modems, batterys, CD-ROM and floppy drives....they can all be replaced with relative ease...however, changing the case is a entierly diffrent matter, if U want to change the case U will probably have to contact the company from witch U bought the laptop (Dell, Compaq, Toshiba..) because the case varies in size, shape and who knows what else...each model is unique, so it&#39;s kinda hard ot sell laptop cases like thay sell desktop cases <_< ....

ooo
03-27-2003, 11:56 PM
well an alienware notebook can be altered... they say u gotta send it back ot them and they will help u change the parts..

www.alienware.com

:/