PDA

View Full Version : Cut Me -- A Poem

Mr. Blunt
10-23-2004, 07:11 AM
I just came home from my friends house and she showed my the cuts on her wrist. I knew she cut before, but this is the first time I have actually seen them. It killed me inside to see her do this to herself.

Here's something I wrote. It's not the best, but I think it came out good. Comments?

----------

Cut Me
the blood on her wrist is like a bright red scream
i want to close my eyes and believe this is all a dream
i ask my self "why in the hell would she do this?"
she says "i can feel the blissfulness."
she cuts her wrist because she and her boyfriend fight
while I'm at home crying, wondering if she'll make it threw the night
i don't want her to cut herself any more
yet she's at home with the blade going in more and more
the blood runs down her wrist like a burning stream
while it's yelling it's bright red scream
i still want to close my eyes and believe this is a dream

hobbes
10-23-2004, 06:48 PM
I just came home from my friends house and she showed my the cuts on her wrist. I knew she cut before, but this is the first time I have actually seen them. It killed me inside to see her do this to herself.

Here's something I wrote. It's not the best, but I think it came out good. Comments?

----------

Cut Me
the blood on her wrist is like a bright red scream
i want to close my eyes and believe this is all a dream
i ask my self "why in the hell would she do this?"
she says "i can feel the blissfulness."
she cuts her wrist because she and her boyfriend fight
while I'm at home crying, wondering if she'll make it threw the night
i don't want her to cut herself any more
yet she's at home with the blade going in more and more
the blood runs down her wrist like a burning stream
while it's yelling it's bright red scream
i still want to close my eyes and believe this is a dream

I think it is an excellent poem.

What a frustrating situation, best of luck. Perhaps a 72 hour observation in the local mental health facility is the next step.

Everose
10-23-2004, 07:11 PM
Mr. Blunt, I am really in awe of what you have written. It is really good.

Is your friend getting help with this? I hope so.

Mr. Blunt
10-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the kind replys.

I'm doing the best I can to help her. She really needs someone to talk to and I hope I can be that person.

I'm looking into finding professional help for her. I really do hope she gets better.

Rat Faced
10-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Its a moving Poem Mr Blunt.

All you can do is be there for her though, and give what little help she'll accept off you.

Welcome to the CC.

:(

Mr. Blunt
10-23-2004, 09:14 PM
All you can do is be there for her though, and give what little help she'll accept off you.
That's the part I'm worried about. I'm not sure if she'll want the help. I really hope so though.

Rat Faced
10-23-2004, 09:21 PM
That's the part I'm worried about. I'm not sure if she'll want the help. I really hope so though.

The trouble is, that she may not even admit she has a problem, even to herself.

Ironic, as the illness she has, is very easily treated... but until she see's that she has a problem herself, she wont go to the Dr's for the help.

If you try and tell her she has the problem, you risk alienating yourself.. so all you can do is lead her thoughts towards that direction indirectly, and dont make it obvious...

Good Luck mate :(

Mr. Blunt
10-23-2004, 09:47 PM
The trouble is, that she may not even admit she has a problem, even to herself.

Ironic, as the illness she has, is very easily treated... but until she see's that she has a problem herself, she wont go to the Dr's for the help.

If you try and tell her she has the problem, you risk alienating yourself.. so all you can do is lead her thoughts towards that direction indirectly, and dont make it obvious...

Good Luck mate :(
Thanks man. I'll remember that.

Rat Faced
10-27-2004, 08:00 PM
No Problem

Good Luck

brenda
10-28-2004, 07:09 PM
I think thats an excellent poem :( you clearly care a great deal about this person. I wonder if she is aware how much her actions are hurting you.

I too have a friend who cuts herself, I'd seen the scars on her arm but was unaware that she still did it until a couple of weeks ago when another friend who lives in the same house as her told me a very sad story of how he had to help her one night when she had been self harming. She does it when she gets drunk, which makes her bleed even more. Makes me very sad for her she is is lovely girl and the reasons that she says she does it are so small that it makes it even harder to understand.