PDA

View Full Version : Hackers 'n' K-lite

Endangered47
03-27-2003, 08:34 AM
The other night I was online usine K-Lite and noted an upload in progress. The file size was about 5267kb, when this number was reached I was expecting disconnection, 600kbs later it was still uploading. I then messaged the user and asked the question as to what was going on, no reply (suprised), I messaged again giving a warning that I was about to disconnect if no answer was forthcoming, still no answer, so disconnected. The question is, was this person a hacker using K-Lite to gain access to my system and bypass my firewall in this way?
Any suggestions, answers wouls be appreciated. :angry:

ToraBoraDweller
03-27-2003, 08:54 AM
Default port for fasttrack is 1214 ;did you uncheck alternative port 80?
Most important thing you should do is to look out for netbiosaccess, i suggest
that you go to http://grc.com and download little program
called leaktest (instructions are on that site). :sorcerer:

philco
03-27-2003, 09:31 AM
the download kept going possibly becuase the user request another 'chuck' of the file from you.
i would not worry about it.
and as to the person not replying, thats just the way the network is :lol: not a sign of life anywhere... they probs were asleep or disabled messaging all togther.

zapjb
03-27-2003, 01:59 PM
Have you got the tools of the trade? AV, PF, AAW6, Spybot S&D & jv16 PowerTools. Are they current & updated? Then do a scan & relax. :)

philco
03-27-2003, 02:23 PM
actually, i think its kinda funny that anyone who uses kazaa can be concerned with hackers :lol:

Nobody1234
03-27-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by philco@27 March 2003 - 04:31
the download kept going possibly becuase the user request another 'chuck' of the file from you.
i would not worry about it.
and as to the person not replying, thats just the way the network is :lol: not a sign of life anywhere... they probs were asleep or disabled messaging all togther.
That's right, that user was probably not in front of the computer at the time. And I don't think that messaging was disabled as you would have recieved a warning that the user was not accepting messages.

Switeck
03-28-2003, 04:35 AM
That's a download/upload bug where you upload MORE than the entire length of a file to someone.

Either they accidentally cancelled the download mid-stream and resumed it or they're out of hdd space and Kazaa keeps deleting and restarting that download.