PDA

View Full Version : Suprnova.org "Pc" Games doesnt work.

orcutt989
10-24-2004, 04:12 PM
The category PC games isnt loading for me, how about anyone else? And the same goes for PC apps.

DanB
10-24-2004, 04:17 PM
won't for me either

correction it did just after a while

h121589
10-24-2004, 04:19 PM
use TorrentBits.org

orcutt989
10-24-2004, 05:25 PM
torrentbits sucks, dont tell me what to use.

{I}{K}{E}
10-24-2004, 05:46 PM

Torrentbits is the best torrent website with the best download speeds ;)

Peerzy
10-24-2004, 07:40 PM
Have fun with your virus infected, slow ass downloads and a website which has spyware popups, is fucking hard to use slow as shit and is at least 2-3 days late with most releases....i mean Suprnova.

{I}{K}{E}
10-24-2004, 07:52 PM
Have fun with your virus infected, slow ass downloads and a website which has spyware popups, is fucking hard to use slow as shit and is at least 2-3 days late with most releases....i mean Suprnova.

I totally agree with you, there are people who don't wanna try new things. but when they once tried other sources then suprnova then they will understand what we mean.

orcutt989
10-24-2004, 09:33 PM
Yes, and i already have tried torrentbits. Every time i tried to download a program, i had to wait for hours, and even after then, the download wouldnt start. I would leave my Bittorrent client open for days, and the download would not start even when the "elapsed time" on torrentbits told me there was no wait fore the file. And i have downlaoded hundreds of movies/apps/games/tv shows/ and books from supernova without recieving a virus, and never have heard of anyone getting one. Althought it might guarantee no viruses and faster speeds, suprnova has a wider selection and i like it much better.

Forevame7189
10-24-2004, 09:55 PM
Yes, and i already have tried torrentbits. Every time i tried to download a program, i had to wait for hours, and even after then, the download wouldnt start. I would leave my Bittorrent client open for days, and the download would not start even when the "elapsed time" on torrentbits told me there was no wait fore the file. And i have downlaoded hundreds of movies/apps/games/tv shows/ and books from supernova without recieving a virus, and never have heard of anyone getting one. Althought it might guarantee no viruses and faster speeds, suprnova has a wider selection and i like it much better.

Have you tried changing your ports? Torrentbits blacklisted 6881 - 6889 ports. So your download may not have started because they blocked those ports.

{I}{K}{E}
10-24-2004, 09:58 PM
so you don't believe in SHARING??? if you upload 9 GB the whole waiting time is over... then you have acces 2 all the new files. which are there mostly 3 days sooner then on other bittorent websites. You cannot get high speeds when you are downloading a file from suprnova because NOONE there seeds they are all leeches. When I download from torrentbits I always get speeds above 250kb/s.

----
You can choose yourself what sources you use to download, we just reply to say that there are much better ways to download your stuff..

orcutt989
10-24-2004, 11:09 PM
It wont let you upload, unless you are a certified special person, otherwise i would upload like 20gbs.

{I}{K}{E}
10-24-2004, 11:10 PM
It wont let you upload, unless you are a certified special person, otherwise i would upload like 20gbs.

then you are a leecher, what if everyone was like you? then there was NO filesharing...

orcutt989
10-24-2004, 11:20 PM
No, you dont understand me. I dont know how to upload using torrentbits, it says you have to be a certain person or wahtever to upload. In order to download you have to upload, i would like to upload alot on torrentbits, but i dont know how.

Edit: Is Suprnova PC games category working for anyone?

{I}{K}{E}
10-24-2004, 11:23 PM
No, you dont understand me. I dont know how to upload using torrentbits, it says you have to be a certain person or wahtever to upload. In order to download you have to upload, i would like to upload alot on torrentbits, but i dont know how.

Edit: Is Suprnova PC games category working for anyone?

you need to be a member of torrentbits and you need to configure the program you use to download because the standard ports that are used are blocked.

orcutt989
10-24-2004, 11:24 PM
I am a torrentbits memeber....haha or else i wouldnt have been able to download..

Edit: What should be the minimum and maximum ports?

{I}{K}{E}
10-24-2004, 11:25 PM
I am a torrentbits memeber....haha or else i wouldnt have been able to download..

do you have a router? if so you need to port forward it.

Forevame7189
10-24-2004, 11:32 PM

Edit: What should be the minimum and maximum ports?

From TB FAQ: a range within the region 49152 through 65535 is preferable. If you use Azureus then just pick one port in that range.

For upload, taken also from TB FAQ:

What criteria must I meet before I can join the Uploader team?

You must be able to provide releases that:

• include a proper NFO,
• are genuine scene releases. If it's not on NFOrce or SweDupe then forget it!
• are not older than seven (7) days,
• have all files in original format (usually 14.3 MB RARs),
• you'll be able to seed, or make sure are well-seeded, for at least 24 hours,
• also, you must have at the very least 2MBit upload bandwidth, and preferably substantially more.

If you think you can match all these criteria do not hesitate to contact one of the administrators.

-----------------------------------------

If your talking about seeding then I guess you know how to do that. TB doesn't do old stuff(well rarely do they do), they only provide the best and new releases.

orcutt989
10-24-2004, 11:32 PM
What the hell is port forward? No, i dont have a router, I am in my BT client, and im just wondering what i should change the minimum and maximum ports to?

http://doublesmusic.com/other/Jimmy/abcpreference.png

Edit: I posted this after the previous post. Thank you whoever you are.

Edit, but how do I actually "Upload"? Is that just however many MBs people take from me? How do i make the files available to others without first downloading them first?

{I}{K}{E}
10-25-2004, 01:02 AM
just change it to:

Minimum: 49152
Maximum: 49160

uploading-> Sending data TO another computer.

When you are downloading a particular torrent, you are also uploading that torrent at the same time. The parts of the file(s) that you have already downloaded are uploaded to other peers. This is normal, and it's how the protocol works.

Peer ->
A peer is another computer on the internet that you connect to and transfer data. Generally a peer does not have the complete file, otherwise it would be called a seed. Some people also refer to peers as leeches, to distinguish them from those generous folks who have completed their download and continue to leave the client running and act as a seed.

If you have more questions please check this website:
http://dessent.net/btfaq/

If you have question about torrentbits check:
http://www.torrentbits.org/faq.php

If you cannot find an awnser post your question here ;)

orcutt989
10-25-2004, 01:19 AM
Therefore, only specially authorised users have permission to upload torrents
OKay so what are you guys getting on my ass about?

Do i just have to send an email to an admin from the US asking him if i may uplaod a torrent onto the tracker? And then is that how i get uploaded GBs added to my torrentbits name? Or do i first have to download files from TB and leave them open?

{I}{K}{E}
10-25-2004, 01:37 AM
OKay so what are you guys getting on my ass about?

Do i just have to send an email to an admin from the US asking him if i may uplaod a torrent onto the tracker? And then is that how i get uploaded GBs added to my torrentbits name? Or do i first have to download files from TB and leave them open?

no read my last reply.
Forget what Forevame7189 posted.

Forevame7189
10-25-2004, 01:39 AM

To get uploader status(if you want to upload something), you have to follow there criteria.

If your just a person wanting to get files and not be an uploader, just download a something on TB and then leave it open till you get a 1:1 ratio or more.

orcutt989
10-25-2004, 01:39 AM
Haha i am so confused man. Do i have to download something first or not? Or do i have to send an email to an Admin asking them if i can have privelages to upload??

Forevame7189
10-25-2004, 01:42 AM
Haha i am so confused man. Do i have to download something first or not? Or do i have to send an email to an Admin asking them if i can have privelages to upload??

Its a choice!

If you want to be an uploader, contact the admin with your resume(make sure you follow there criteria) and wait for them to reply.

Or you can be both an uploader and download things. Either one, you build your ratio. But if your the average joe, just be download files and leave them open till you get a 1:1 ratio.

{I}{K}{E}
10-25-2004, 01:43 AM
No you dont need to become an uploader !!!!!!!!!! please dont confuse him Forevame7189

-----------
When you are downloading a particular torrent, you are also uploading that torrent at the same time. The parts of the file(s) that you have already downloaded are uploaded to other peers. This is normal, and it's how the protocol works.
----------

Forevame7189
10-25-2004, 01:45 AM
No you dont need to become an uploader !!!!!!!!!! please dont confuse him Forevame7189

-----------
----------

I said it was a choice, if he can fit the criteria, then he can.

orcutt989
10-25-2004, 02:39 AM
Alright well before all of this commotion, i already emailed an American admin from torrentbits asking if i could have permission to uplaod a counter strike: Source that i had from Luzifer, that i saw that i didnt have, which is much easier to set up then any of the other counter-strikes. if i upload a file such as this? will this increase my uploads? and i cannot download anything because i have to wait in line so long, so downloading something, and then uploading wont work too well.

Monkeee
10-25-2004, 02:53 AM
well the point is torrentbits pwns all torrent sites! ;)

SingaBoiy
10-25-2004, 04:39 AM
To get uploader status(if you want to upload something), you have to follow there criteria.

If your just a person wanting to get files and not be an uploader, just download a something on TB and then leave it open till you get a 1:1 ratio or more.

WTF are you talking about :huh:

Thats not the criteria to be an uploader at TB.

EDIT: :lol: My bad... misread :01:

RealitY
10-25-2004, 05:38 AM
1. Change Ports
2. Download
3. Seed To 1:1 And More Is Better
4. Decide If You Want To Be More And Upload Your Own
Which You Cant Do Untill You Do Step 1 Anyway...

FFS.

Cheese
10-25-2004, 06:00 AM
The games section at Suprnova works for me.

Though sometimes some sections won't come up straight away. Try these tips:

1. Refresh the page.

2. Click the link or search button again.

3. Have a bit of patience.

4. As a last resort you could use a program like Gosupernova, though I don't think the guys at Suprnova like these 3rd party apps....

bigdawgfoxx
10-25-2004, 07:09 PM
I cant even get suprnova.org to load for me

Peerzy
10-25-2004, 07:14 PM
I cant even get suprnova.org to load for me
lucky...

bigdawgfoxx
10-25-2004, 07:49 PM
lol it loaded now...what u mean?

orcutt989
10-25-2004, 09:04 PM
The games section at Suprnova works for me.

Though sometimes some sections won't come up straight away. Try these tips:

1. Refresh the page.

2. Click the link or search button again.

3. Have a bit of patience.

4. As a last resort you could use a program like Gosupernova, though I don't think the guys at Suprnova like these 3rd party apps....

Thank you for sticking to the topic and not going "URGGH TORRENTBITS, URGGHH!!" GoSupernova isnt being able to download the "PC" games list, so there just must be some sort of problem.