PDA

View Full Version : Saw...or The Grude?

iMartin
10-24-2004, 10:55 PM
Which one is scarrier? The Grudge, or Saw? I've only seen Saw advertised once, but it looks kinda freaky, but The Grudge just looks flat out fucking scary as hell. :ph34r:

cpt_azad
10-24-2004, 10:57 PM
the grudge, no competition there. the saw isn't scary at all in my opinion.

iMartin
10-24-2004, 11:15 PM
What's Saw about any ways...:huh:

ApacNTS
10-25-2004, 12:37 AM
saw is about a maniac who finds ways for victimes to kill themselves, in a strange puzzle, he actually reveals himself, well at the end anyay, it's not who you think either. i thought it was a good movie, cant say scary, but good. as far as the grudge goes, the original is getting huge hype, so this one should be good as well. now all i gotta do is wait for ring 2

iMartin
10-25-2004, 01:14 AM
Oi...The Ring is scary as all god given hell too. :ph34r:

winston856
10-25-2004, 05:21 AM
The GRUDGE!!

It made me jump like 3 times....

The ring is NOT scary...

cpt_azad
10-25-2004, 07:08 AM
the ring was alright, it wasn't scary, but it didn't help me with trying to sleep @ night after watchin it :ph34r:, it's the atmosphere that the ring created, a "disturbing" theme if you will, it was scary but not the crap your pants scary-type. gonna see the grudge tom. can't wait :D

ofbz
10-25-2004, 07:41 AM
yeah... you're right... "the ring" IMO, falls into the "disturbing" type of horror... although it does make you jump in a couple of scenes...

how is the grudge anyways... one of my friend saw it, and she says is really scary.... but the pg-13 rating doesn't convince me for some reason...

by "how is it" i mean, is it disturbing, or does it make you jump for a couple of seconds and then you forget about it...

iMartin
10-25-2004, 06:25 PM
yeah... you're right... "the ring" IMO, falls into the "disturbing" type of horror...
True...true.

Jordank87
10-25-2004, 08:44 PM
I saw both grudge and saw. Id have to say i liked saw 10times better just of the thought that the ending kicked so much ass lol, pretty much the whole movie did. On the other hand the grudge IS a scarier movie, but i liked saw a lot better. Anyone else agree with me?

rookiecrd1
10-25-2004, 08:57 PM
Gonna go see The Grudge in a few hours Hopefully its as scarry as most of you say. I don't think Saw is out til October 29th here in the US.

Brian

Triadcool
10-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Don't worry the Grudge is scary as fuck!!!!

cpt_azad
10-25-2004, 10:44 PM
gonna go watch grudge in 2 hours time, can't wait, my friend says it was definately "disturbing" and it sticks with you for days (she watched it on friday and she's still freaked today). can't wait.

iMartin
10-26-2004, 01:36 AM
Damnit...I wanna see it so bad :(

Ain't nothing like getting the shit scared out of ya.

rookiecrd1
10-26-2004, 04:11 AM
Well I'm back. As I am typing this I am looking behind to to make sure nothing is sneaking up on me. I have to say it's probably the most scared I have been in a long time. I went with a few buddies, and they all were basically freaking out. My one friend made me pull up into his driveway so he was closer to the door when I was dropping him off.

I hope i don't have nightmares tonight :)

Brian

Rip The Jacker
10-26-2004, 05:40 AM
I also saw Teh Grudge. I think the movie was pretty scary, but I think it didn't have much of a plot. After the movie, I had tons of questions that weren't answered in the movie. Also, the ending wasn't too great. Still, it was pretty creepy, made me jump 1 or 2 times.

I don't even know what Saw is about.

cpt_azad
10-26-2004, 06:46 AM
own3d. that's all i gotta say. got back from the movie, didn't like it as much as i expected to. Scary? wtf is wrong with you guys? it was funny, that noise that chick keeps making made pepsi come out my nose ( :( ). it WAS NOT SCARY. the ring was scarrier IMHO. now to go check out saw, hopefully it's better than the grudge. and for those that have seen it... SPOILERS AHEAD DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANNA KNOW...

wtf was the plotline all about? so the asian chick liked peter, but it was a secret than she gets killed by her husband cuz he found out. but @ the very end when sarah michelle what's her face is in the autopsy room or watever, the nurse becomes the "asian chick" lol can't seem to form sentences tonight. so the nurse was the "asian chick" or can the "asian chick" take over other ppl's body's? another note, the "asian chick" only kills you if you're alone, perfect example is when peter's sister sees "her" and goes running to that security guard. the bitten of jaw was just crazy (yoko or watever her name is) :D

Rip The Jacker
10-26-2004, 06:53 AM
@cpt_azad
Heh. It wasn't a bad movie, but I think The Ring was a lot better.

SPOILERS:
Told you it didn't have much of a plot...
Why does the woman hold a grudge?
Why did Peter die?
Why does the little boy meow?
Etc.

cpt_azad
10-26-2004, 06:59 AM
@cpt_azad
Heh. It wasn't a bad movie, but I think The Ring was a lot better.

SPOILERS:
Told you it didn't have much of a plot...
Why does the woman hold a grudge?
Why did Peter die?
Why does the little boy meow?
Etc.

it was an OK movie, definately nothing scary (only jumped once and that was when that pepsi came out of nose :dry: ).

to answer ur questions to the best of my knowledge SPOILERS, STAND CLEAR AND WELL AWAY IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE, MOVE ALONG...:

woman holds a grudge because she was brutally murdered by her husband (she wasn't having an affair, she just had a crush on peter, peter didn't even know who she was)

peter died because he saw the dead body of the "woman" and beaten up child, he couldn't take it anymore, he lost it and commited suicide

little boy meows because of that black cat, i'm guessin cuz it was "his" companion and when the father kills the mother he throws the cat across the room.

any more questions?

Rip The Jacker
10-26-2004, 07:05 AM
No thanks, I'm set. :D

Its just that I think... all that should have come from the movie, I shouldn't have had to ask. Maybe I just didn't get it?

cpt_azad
10-26-2004, 07:16 AM
No thanks, I'm set. :D

Its just that I think... all that should have come from the movie, I shouldn't have had to ask. Maybe I just didn't get it?Trust me, you're not the only one, my friend explained it to me. This movie wasn't very good at explaining things :blink: but i don't care, it's still a good movie, not as scary, but people should check it out.

OASVstar
10-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Which one is scarrier? The Grudge, or Saw? I've only seen Saw advertised once, but it looks kinda freaky, but The Grudge just looks flat out fucking scary as hell. :ph34r:

I saw the saw cam version WHICH WAS VERY GOOD FOR A CAM

And it was way better than the GRUDGE the grudge is just a gay POPUP SCARY!

But it was funny seeing the whole theater jump so it wasnt scary :)

SAW had gore and scary scenes and a couple of pop ups and a whole lot of puzzles. I can right my review If you guys want it. :)

OASVstar
10-26-2004, 08:41 PM
http://movies.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/saw/images/footer.gif
TRAILER
http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/saw/
Synopsis
When Adam is jolted back to consciousness after nearly drowning at the bottom of a bathtub, he awakes to find himself chained to a rusty pipe inside a dark torture chamber. There is someone else in the room. Dr. Lawrence Gordon has also just regained consciousness and is chained to the opposite side of the space. Between them a man is lying in a pool of blood after apparently shooting himself in the head with the pistol in his hand. Adam and Dr. Gordon piece together the clues left behind by the deranged criminal mind that has brought them together and finally realize that they, too, must make a seemingly impossible set of choices for their lives.

8 movie clips
http://www.cinemovies.fr/fiche_extrait.php?IDfilm=6567

http://images.countingdown.com/images/countdowns/movies/3504540/1011/3560132_main.jpg
http://images.countingdown.com/images/countdowns/movies/3504540/1011/3504552_main.jpg

iMartin
10-26-2004, 09:08 PM
Is Saw as bloody as The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? (The newer one)

mr. nails
10-26-2004, 11:35 PM
saw isn't supposed to be scary. Ju-On: The Grudge was pretty damn good. The Grudge is a pretty good re-make. each of tg's have something different about them, but are almost identical. all-in-all, a must see for the three...!

manker
10-26-2004, 11:43 PM
Saw is a thriller, like Seven or whatever. Not a scary horror film, I've not seen The Grudge but at least it's the right genre to be scary.

Btw Azad - You say in the second post here that The Grudge is way scarier than Saw but further down the thread you also say that you hadn't seen either of the films yet, wtf :blink: :lol:

cpt_azad
10-27-2004, 12:00 AM
Saw is a thriller, like Seven or whatever. Not a scary horror film, I've not seen The Grudge but at least it's the right genre to be scary.

Btw Azad - You say in the second post here that The Grudge is way scarier than Saw but further down the thread you also say that you hadn't seen either of the films yet, wtf :blink: :lol:
assumed that it was scarier than the saw, i still have to go check it out

ziggyjuarez
10-27-2004, 01:01 AM
The Grude!!!!!!!ITS FUCKING SCARY!!!!!!1AHHHHHHHRRRRRRHHHHH

cpt_azad
10-27-2004, 01:02 AM
The Grude!!!!!!!ITS FUCKING SCARY!!!!!!1AHHHHHHHRRRRRRHHHHH
pussy :dry:

cpt_azad
10-27-2004, 01:03 AM
shit, ur ziggy :blink: , ur avatar confused me :ph34r: but the fact still stands, pussy :dry:

Rip The Jacker
10-27-2004, 01:07 AM
Hmm... judging by the ridiculously large font, bold letters, overuse of exclamation points, and that "1" after "scary," I'd say its probibly terrifying.

cpt_azad
10-27-2004, 01:10 AM
Hmm... judging by the ridiculously large font, bold letters, overuse of exclamation points, and that "1" after "scary," I'd say its probibly terrifying.
lol, didn't you already watch it??

Rip The Jacker
10-27-2004, 01:12 AM
:P

It doesn't come out here until Friday the 29th. I just might watch it at the movies.

cpt_azad
10-27-2004, 01:14 AM
:P

It doesn't come out here until Friday the 29th. I just might watch it at the movies.
oh, i thought u were talkin about the grudge, as for the saw, going this friday :cool:

Rip The Jacker
10-27-2004, 01:19 AM
Ohhh... Oops! I read Ziggy's post, but I guess I skipped the "The Grude!!!" part. I thought Ziggy was talking about Saw. Yes I did see Teh Grudge.

My bad. :blushing:

ziggyjuarez
10-27-2004, 09:54 PM
shit, ur ziggy :blink: , ur avatar confused me :ph34r: but the fact still stands, pussy :dry:you are what you eat:D

cpt_azad
10-27-2004, 10:58 PM
you are what you eat:D
damn it, u got me there :rolleyes: :01:

iMartin
10-28-2004, 09:04 PM
I'm gonna go see The Grudge tomarrow night...wish me luck.

:ph34r:

h121589
10-29-2004, 11:39 PM
What's Saw about any ways...:huh:
A young man named Adam (LEIGH WHANNELL) wakes to find himself chained to a rusty pipe inside a decrepit subterranean chamber. Chained to the opposite side of the room is another bewildered captive, Dr. Lawrence Gordon (CARY ELWES). Between them is a dead man lying in a pool of blood, holding a .38 in his hand. Neither man knows why he has been abducted; but instructions left on a microcassette order Dr. Gordon to kill Adam within eight hours. If he fails to do so, then both men will die, and Dr. Gordon's wife, Alison (MONICA POTTER), and his daughter will be killed. Recalling a recent murder investigation by a police detective named Tapp (DANNY GLOVER), Dr. Gordon realizes he and Adam are the next victims of a psychopathic genius known only as "Jigsaw." With only a few hours left to spare, they must unravel the elaborate puzzle of their fate in the midst of mounting terror. The killer has provided them with only a few clues and two handsaws - too weak to break their steel shackles, but strong enough to cut through flesh and bone.

cpt_azad
10-30-2004, 12:30 AM
I'm gonna go see The Grudge tomarrow night...wish me luck.

wish you luck with what?? it's a funny movie, so laugh a lot ;)

ziggyjuarez
10-30-2004, 01:57 AM
wish you luck with what?? it's a funny movie, so laugh a lot ;)youre gay,this movie is hella scary:dry:

iMartin
10-30-2004, 03:58 AM
youre gay,this movie is hella scary:dry:

Indeed it is...I just got back from watching it. Fucking scary as hell...omg...eeekkk...I keep thinking about the scary parts and I'm in my room with the lights off. I need a hug

ziggyjuarez
10-30-2004, 05:52 AM
Indeed it is...I just got back from watching it. Fucking scary as hell...omg...eeekkk...I keep thinking about the scary parts and I'm in my room with the lights off. I need a hug

:ph34r:i told you so:01:

ziggyjuarez
10-30-2004, 06:18 AM
http://www.nkino.com/movie/9150/z.jpg

http://movie.kingnet.com.tw/pics/1060244377juon02.jpg

http://www.mpweekly.com/image/movie/juon2_big.jpg

asmithz
10-30-2004, 10:58 AM
:lol: The Grudge had to be the lamest excuse for a movie. Saw wasent scary too, but at least it was interesting. Sorry that kid and lady wernt scary.

h121589
10-30-2004, 03:12 PM
i d/led the saw last night and it looks scarier than the grudge

iMartin
10-30-2004, 03:24 PM
i d/led the saw last night and it looks scarier than the grudge

I dunno...The Grudge is one of those, JUMP OUT AND SCARE THE LIVING SHIT OUTTA YOU...kinda movies. And trust me, it does it pretty well.

asmithz
10-30-2004, 04:37 PM
I dunno...The Grudge is one of those, JUMP OUT AND SCARE THE LIVING SHIT OUTTA YOU...kinda movies. And trust me, it does it pretty well.

Or the jump out and make you laugh