PDA

View Full Version : Do You Really Care?

ThE_MP3_G0d
03-27-2003, 03:16 PM
I have been "alerted" as to my "holier than thou" attitude and warned for my foul language... My question to you is if I am posting QUALITY HASHES OF FULL ISOs WHICH I SHARE do you really care what else the post sez? I have yet to insult anyones mother, father, children---and I made fun of 1 or 2 people directly... do you really care? Do you think I should be banned/kicked out/"OUTLAWED" B) for using the word fuck?

Oh and an example of the hashes I have posted in just the last hour include full ISOs for

Car Tycoon
CnC RA2 Yuri's Revenge (The expansion pack)
CnC RA2 Soviet Disk
CnC Generals (FULL GAME 2 ISOs)

Car Tycoon.rar (sig2dat:///|File:Car Tycoon.rar|Length:417309312 Bytes,407529KB|UUHash:=lg0Snoly0PtDH3CWh88ghb7tkuU=|)
dev-ccg1.bin (sig2dat:///|File:dev-ccg1.bin|Length:751960272 Bytes,734336KB|UUHash:=AlqKjreMu8Dk5NF6e37d/zJCLqY=|)
dev-ccg2.bin (sig2dat:///|File:dev-ccg2.bin|Length:814147152 Bytes,795066KB|UUHash:=t7lFZYcrkElNUTNsFqPuaofb8bY=|)
FF7DISC1.ISO (sig2dat:///|File:FF7DISC1.ISO|Length:549464064 Bytes,536586KB|UUHash:=xNK2Ctj8JAL3NZE9QecoxhWnMkQ=|)
NWNPLAY.ISO (sig2dat:///|File:NWNPLAY.ISO|Length:606175232 Bytes,591968KB|UUHash:=odynUENHp6KonnPIjDyNAEX0h78=|)
Red.Alert.2.Soviet.iso (sig2dat:///|File:Red.Alert.2.Soviet.iso|Length:731761296 Bytes,714611KB|UUHash:=mlNXQsjlsoNXyA8SWdZnPgaz9Pw=|)

and a few others.....

oh and p.s. I also insulted a board admin or somebody...
post ur thoughts!!

"The Avatar Man"
03-27-2003, 03:41 PM
2. There will be no excessive use of profanity. Please keep all foul language to a minimum.
I agree with the rule.it's (and as well it should be)allowed but only within reason :D JMO ;)
BTW-wrong place to post this.

"The Avatar Man"
03-27-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by ThE_MP3_G0d@27 March 2003 - 16:16
if I am posting QUALITY HASHES OF FULL ISOs WHICH I SHARE
this doesn't allow you to break the rules,
It is supossed to be done in the spirit of sharing not for special permission or recognizion.

ThE_MP3_G0d
03-27-2003, 03:44 PM
twice is excessive?

and I put the posts back in here......it is game related....I give game ISOs and a few "colorful metaphors" ...they give PM..

CornerPocket
03-27-2003, 03:56 PM
Since you want to open this for discussion and it not having nothing related to games in this post, it will be moved to the Lounge for all to opinionize your thought. The Mod that PM'd you did so as any of us would to any member. You want to share that's fine, that's the reason behind our Forum, yes the language can be toned down just a bit, that was all that was asked, no mention of Ban, etc as you so called chose to write. So let's recap some of your use of language in order to get a feel for the reason behind the request to tone the foul language and no more:

Fuck the rip.....here's the shit full version ISO

Oh yeah....if u read this shit and wonder what the hashes for

Fuck that...the real deal hash is this

Who in the fuck would believe a game with an installed size of greater than 1GB

Who's ur Daddy?

put this shit in the verifieds

ThE_MP3_G0d sez so!!

fuck rips fakes and bullshit

fuck I'll get back to you with the allied disk

Sound a bit excessive, i think so as well. Remember you opened it up for discussion so expect responses. <_<

"The Avatar Man"
03-27-2003, 03:59 PM
no I dont think twice is necessarily excessive but if the examples that corner pocket gives are correct.
that&#39;s more than two times,and it was not really needed at all.
well except maybe the
f***k the rip :lol:

tracydani
03-27-2003, 04:01 PM
Definately can do without the excesive foul language <_<

Funny though, don&#39;t think I ever saw your name till this was moved to the lounge. Welcome :D

N£MO
03-27-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by ThE_MP3_G0d@27 March 2003 - 16:16
I have been "alerted" as to my "holier than thou" attitude and warned for my foul language... My question to you is if I am posting QUALITY HASHES OF FULL ISOs WHICH I SHARE do you really care what else the post sez? I have yet to insult anyones mother, father, children---and I made fun of 1 or 2 people directly... do you really care? Do you think I should be banned/kicked out/"OUTLAWED" B) for using the word fuck?

Oh and an example of the hashes I have posted in just the last hour include full ISOs for

Car Tycoon
CnC RA2 Yuri&#39;s Revenge (The expansion pack)
CnC RA2 Soviet Disk
CnC Generals (FULL GAME 2 ISOs)

Car Tycoon.rar (sig2dat:///|File:Car Tycoon.rar|Length:417309312 Bytes,407529KB|UUHash:=lg0Snoly0PtDH3CWh88ghb7tkuU=|)
dev-ccg1.bin (sig2dat:///|File:dev-ccg1.bin|Length:751960272 Bytes,734336KB|UUHash:=AlqKjreMu8Dk5NF6e37d/zJCLqY=|)
dev-ccg2.bin (sig2dat:///|File:dev-ccg2.bin|Length:814147152 Bytes,795066KB|UUHash:=t7lFZYcrkElNUTNsFqPuaofb8bY=|)
FF7DISC1.ISO (sig2dat:///|File:FF7DISC1.ISO|Length:549464064 Bytes,536586KB|UUHash:=xNK2Ctj8JAL3NZE9QecoxhWnMkQ=|)
NWNPLAY.ISO (sig2dat:///|File:NWNPLAY.ISO|Length:606175232 Bytes,591968KB|UUHash:=odynUENHp6KonnPIjDyNAEX0h78=|)
Red.Alert.2.Soviet.iso (sig2dat:///|File:Red.Alert.2.Soviet.iso|Length:731761296 Bytes,714611KB|UUHash:=mlNXQsjlsoNXyA8SWdZnPgaz9Pw=|)

and a few others.....

oh and p.s. I also insulted a board admin or somebody...
post ur thoughts&#33;&#33;
You are not the first and doubt you will be the last BUT if you dont like the rules or think your above them then its simple,go elsewhere&#33;&#33;
Excessive swearing is a way people of low vocabulary get their points across. :P

Lamsey
03-27-2003, 04:38 PM
There are a lot of kids who use this forum and some of them might be easily offended.

Plus there are a lot of adults who object to excessive profanity.

Basically, if you have a reson to swear then you won&#39;t be looked down on. For example, if you feel strongly about the war in Iraq you could say "I&#39;m sick of the Americans being so fucking arrogant" and most people would accept that.

But saying "this is the shit" instead of "here you go, this is good" - that&#39;s unnecessary.

What I&#39;m saying is, don&#39;t swear for the sake of swearing - swearing should be used for emphasising your feelings.

Nobody1234
03-27-2003, 04:46 PM
What would be wrong with "Forget the rip... Try this" ???

And wow I think the moderator/administration is completly justified in their actions.

All that in just 6 posts ??? :blink:

NikkiD
03-27-2003, 05:34 PM
For clarification I sent the PM to ThE_MP3_G0d which said:

Language in Posts

Please stop being abusive to the other members of this board, you&#39;ll get a hell of a lot further here with a little politeness. I realize you have a lot to post, and I have seen a lot of worthwhile verified hashes, but there is no need to be abrasive and use your "holier than thou attitude" when posting them.

Foul language is totally unnecessary, and against board policy, as is flaming, try to keep both to a minimum.

Thanks

After reading several posts in Gameworld (some of which are quoted above by CornerPocket), it was this one that most caught my attention and was the reason for sending the above PM.

QUOTE (stoi @ 4 March 2003 - 00:38)
The fastest ive seen for emule is 100KBs and that was the second file i got and yes it lasted the whole of the file----(cut snip)all you have to do is read the FAQ on their site and it will tell you the reasons that you might be getting crap speeds.

I prefer emule to Kazaa now as i actually get faster speeds of emule than i do with kazaa

U sir, are either full of shit or one of a very select few....I spend a lot of time in the eMule chat room(thats #emule on www.emule-project.net in IRC) and the #1 thing people come in and ask is a tie between "why hasn&#39;t any of my downloads started" and "how can I get my downloads to go faster? I have X ammount of bandwidth but it only runs at X-(a severe number)" Why are u posting here if you are so hung up on eMule?? They have a forum for this stuff too-go there u putz....

Now for some positive shit....I asked for the ISO of Car Tycoon...no one came thru for me so I will come thru for u...

Car Tycoon.rar

I asked for Final Fantasy 7 for PC..

this is game disk 1

FF7DISC1.ISO

more to come....I&#39;ll post the others as time permits...and u can put these in the verifieds...

ThE_MP3_G0d sez so&#33;&#33;&#33;

One person&#39;s preference/success using a different program is no call for insulting them. There are a lot of ways to voice an opinion about something, and if you were a little more polite with people, there are many on this board who would jump in and help you get better results. Heck, if you had said something like "How do you get these kinds of speeds on emule? I would be curious to know," knowing stoi he would have jumped in and said "let me give you a few pointers." This is not me running to stoi&#39;s defense, I know he is more than capable of handling that himself. There has, to put it simply, been too much of this crap going on of late, and I for one am tired of seeing it.

EDIT: Just an addendum

Let me just clarify one point a bit further...

I don&#39;t particularly care about flaming/swearing when it&#39;s done in moderation and with cause. One bad post for every ten good posts is nothing to me, especially when it&#39;s done in defense of someone or something one believes in, and it&#39;s kept within context. I use Lamsey&#39;s post as an example.

But, when every post a member makes contains this kind of nonsense, I feel that something has to be done, and thus I acted.

Lamsey
03-27-2003, 05:35 PM
hear hear NikkiD

Rat Faced
03-27-2003, 06:00 PM
Ditto Nikki....

Nobody1234
03-27-2003, 07:04 PM
Thank you, NikkiD.

gumbydancin
03-27-2003, 07:15 PM
We&#39;re with you NikkiD&#33;

Rocktron
03-27-2003, 07:22 PM
What i just don&#39;t understand is.., why don&#39;t the people who started a topic don&#39;t reply?
I hate that&#33; I really do&#33;

A lot of people in this forum are trying to help someone, and maybe they are happy/or not with the reply&#39;s on their question&#33;
Why don&#39;t they answer??? Like in this one... where is the reply? (Sure 1 reply but did it help?) The people that did the effort to reply deserve an answer don&#39;t they? I see that alot in this and any other forum&#33;

I have learned from this... if the one who placed a topic doesn&#39;t reply... i won&#39;t either anymore&#33;&#33;

People who place posts in any forum... answer&#33;&#33;&#33;

Sorry i&#39;m just disappointed.... or just had a bad day i don&#39;t know... :unsure:

Knuckles187
03-27-2003, 08:03 PM
i must say.. you sound like a f*******g T****r

:)

;)

i agree with nik

ShareDaddy
03-27-2003, 08:31 PM
I totally agree with NikkiD, there may be a time and place for swearing or just plain insensitive replies, however not in each one of your posts. I post a lot fo really rare and requested movies here on the forum, that does not make me better than anyone else, it just hopefully shows I care. Where as posts like yours would simply void themselves out, we may think you care to post something someone else wants, however to then make harsh statements nullifies any good you may have done in my book. Not sure where you came from or why, do not care but you are here now, that is paramount to this discussion. As you are here please abide by the rules as much as possible, a PM from a MOD is never meant to be a bad thing, it is simply a nice way of asking you to watch yourself. Would you rather of had them reply to the topic and let everyone see you get your knuckles whacked? Makes no sense to repost it and bring it back up, pull your darn boot straps up and continue on with posting or as is the case always you are free to find other harbors. Not to say I would care either way, however if you have some good to do here please do so, but not at the cost of our rules or happiness.

ThE_MP3_G0d
03-27-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@27 March 2003 - 18:34
Issue 1

For clarification I sent the PM to ThE_MP3_G0d which said:

Issue 2

I don&#39;t particularly care about flaming/swearing when it&#39;s done in moderation and with cause.
But, when every post a member makes contains this kind of nonsense, I feel that something has to be done, and thus I acted.
Issue 1

For some reason I feel as though reposting that was unnecessary. The only reason this was started was to see if people actually cared about the language in the posts..so see if it affectted enough people for them to feel that sort of action was even necessary.

Issue 2

I wish I knew how to post a persons little side bar but I will edit this post and quote it...

"gumbydancin Posted: 27 March 2003 - 20:15

No touching... please.....it&#39;s just an ass

Group: Members
Member No.: 3123

You do realize that you say that shit in 661 posts? 661&#33;&#33;&#33;

As for a "low vocabulary" I am certain you are mistaken. :P

Nobody1234
03-27-2003, 09:23 PM
Wow. Just wow.

SuperJude™
03-27-2003, 10:15 PM
Somebody sure has issues it seems.

Listen dude, you are really acting like a whining little child now. You got a message, just deal with it. I have been PM&#39;ed here before and do I post whole threads about it?

No.

It&#39;s just the internet, not real life, though maybe people like you fail to see that simple but very true distinction.

I mean good god have you no dignity? Self respect? You are new here and already you are in danger of being "that whiny pain in the ass" at the board.

You are not likely to get very far with this logic of yours here, since the mods are well respected. Hell I don&#39;t even like a couple of them very much and yet I really respect them, so you are just coming off like some pissed off kid who had too much sugar today.

Nap time?

-SJ™

NikkiD
03-27-2003, 10:50 PM
I can&#39;t believe this is really that big a deal&#33; Is it really so difficult to post verified hashes without swearing?

To address your "issues":

Issue 1: You opened this up for discussion, but I&#39;m not to have a voice in it? You could have just as easily appealed your case to myself or the other mods if you felt my message to you was unfair. You chose to make it public. I used specific examples so that the members could clearly see my reasoning for my actions, and the actions that I took. You are not the first to receive a PM from me or any of the other mods, and surely will not be the last.

Issue 2: IMHO there is a big difference between the words "ass" (which in most places is allowed on network television) and "f*ck". The other main difference I see, is that gumbydancin isn&#39;t using the word in any inflammatory manner, whereas "f*ck rips fakes and bullsh*t" is obviously meant to raise eyebrows.

You&#39;ve had your responses as to whether people care about language in posts, and it appears that most do. I agree if someone comes to this site for no other reason than to find verified hashes, they probably would not care. But many of us see this as more than that. I hope this has cleared the matter up for you.

I wish to express a welcome to you to this board, and hope that you will in fact keep posting. I didn&#39;t send you a message to try to drive you away from the board, but rather to take other&#39;s feelings into consideration when doing so.

insanebassman
03-27-2003, 11:05 PM
I have to agree with Nikki, being rather un inhibited, I still do not find the need for excessive profanity. There are too many adjuctives available in a learned mind to resort to profanity all the time. Profanity has it&#39;s uses, just not as a staple of speech. I find id insulting to my intellegence that people may think I can not comprehend something other than dirt when conveying an idea to me...

just my 2 f&#33;#king cents

insanebassman
03-27-2003, 11:07 PM
I would like to note, I do not spell as well as I speak&#33;

accat13
03-27-2003, 11:18 PM
Newcomer

Group: Members
Member No.: 13982

I have been "alerted" as to my "holier than thou" attitude and warned for my foul language... My question to you is if I am posting QUALITY HASHES OF FULL ISOs WHICH I SHARE do you really care what else the post sez? I have yet to insult anyones mother, father, children---and I made fun of 1 or 2 people directly... do you really care? Do you think I should be banned/kicked out/"OUTLAWED"&nbsp; for using the word fuck?

Holy S**t I&#39;m getting tired of dirty laundry being aired in public..The Mods and Admin on this board are great ..they pm when there is a problem not flame publicly...If you can&#39;t take abit of constructive critizism try another board...Very classy Nikkid

mrcall1969
03-27-2003, 11:47 PM
If it&#39;s a choice between reading the rubbish in your threads and a few hashes then I&#39;m sorry but I WOULD ban you.

Livy
03-27-2003, 11:54 PM
@ThE_MP3_G0d
looks like your sig is breaking the rules to. i think?
@everyone else
i agree, theres no need for the excess swearing.
just put the hashes up, its as simple as that.

edit:typo

stoi
03-28-2003, 12:02 AM
Errm ok, i think this is the first time that ive nearly been speechless, i didnt even check to his reply on that post Nikki Quoted, if i did and seen it at the time, i Guess it might have been me getting a PM off the Mods and maybe getting Banned/Kicked :P .

and the MP3 god, i went out of my way to help you on that post i done a search on this forum and a few other klite forums for you, i then searched klite with the autosearch feature for 30 minutes then as a last resort i checked the Sharereactor site for you and found them.

Now its not my fault they were not on the Fasttrack Network, but i could tell you were desperate to find them so i found them for you on the Emule Network, Its not my Fault/Problem if you dont like those programs, for all i care you can wait years for those games now, i couldnt give a sh*t, this does not mean that i wont help someone else in the same way, but you can go to hell from now on, Ive been a member of this site since october, now that doesnt meen i know more than you, but i do know how this board works.

If you had just said thanx, but no thanx i dont like emule etc, then fair enough, but the way you replied was just being a spoilt brat, and you spit your dummy out for no reason whatsoever.

And yes i am a member of the sharereactor forum, but if p2p is going to survive i believe we should all use as many programs as possible to help the rare files get distributed quicker.

Oh, and by the way ive already posted all 4 cds for ff7, also freelancer and Line of sight - Vietnam 1 month before they came out in the shops, but you dont see me asking for preferential treatment, if i do wrong i expect to be warned/asked nicely not to do it again, and just get on with posting.

so all i can say is get a life, or maybe use it to try to get good speeds of emule instead of bitching about everything. :P

and again thanx Nikki, like you said i could have dealt with it myself but i just didnt see the post till i read this thread.

The Great Dude
03-28-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by CornerPocket@27 March 2003 - 07:56
Since you want to open this for discussion and it not having nothing related to games in this post, it will be moved to the Lounge for all to opinionize your thought. The Mod that PM&#39;d you did so as any of us would to any member. You want to share that&#39;s fine, that&#39;s the reason behind our Forum, yes the language can be toned down just a bit, that was all that was asked, no mention of Ban, etc as you so called chose to write. So let&#39;s recap some of your use of language in order to get a feel for the reason behind the request to tone the foul language and no more:

Fuck the rip.....here&#39;s the shit full version ISO

Fuck that...the real deal hash is this

Who in the fuck would believe a game with an installed size of greater than 1GB

Who&#39;s ur Daddy?

put this shit in the verifieds

ThE_MP3_G0d sez so&#33;&#33;

fuck rips fakes and bullshit

fuck I&#39;ll get back to you with the allied disk

Sound a bit excessive, i think so as well. Remember you opened it up for discussion so expect responses. <_<
That&#39;s alot of profanity there. :ph34r: Now imagine if everyone was allowed to do this? :blink: It would really get in the way of reading things. ;)