PDA

View Full Version : Copying DVD's

Peerzy
10-25-2004, 06:54 PM
For some reason some DVD's i copy have problems. For example i backed up Rocky with DVD Dycripter and then i went to use DVDshrink and it said one of the menu vobs was fooked. And American Pie 3 the wedding said it backuped up fine however when i mount the image it stops playng at the same place even if i burn it. Is there something i can do to remove any copy protection's like these?

{I}{K}{E}
10-25-2004, 07:06 PM
What happens when you backup Rocky with DVD shrink?

Peerzy
10-25-2004, 07:17 PM
What happens when you backup Rocky with DVD shrink?
I havnt tried. I am a member of the blockbused thingy where u pay £13 a month and they send you 3 dvd's you watch (cop[y) them and they send you more. And i copied it using dvd dycripter as it removes alot of copy protection i thought and i sent it back and it doesn not work. When i try and back it up it says DVDshrink has encountered an error in the first vob file and cannot continue.

{I}{K}{E}
10-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Did you make a complete backup with extra's etc.. Or did you only backup the main movie?
as fas as I know when you only backup the main movie with DVD decrypter you cannot load it with DVD shrink

Peerzy
10-25-2004, 07:52 PM
Did you make a complete backup with extra's etc.. Or did you only backup the main movie?
as fas as I know when you only backup the main movie with DVD decrypter you cannot load it with DVD shrink
I backed up al the files

Smurfette
10-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Try Intervideo's DVDCopy2. I had DVDShrink spit out a couple of discs but since changing to DVDCopy2 this hasn't happened.

Fighter-X
10-25-2004, 10:49 PM
Yo, Ive been burning DVDs for 2 yrs. and I use DVD Shrink to break through the copy protection and backup my movies. It even burns the movie for you if you have nero burning rom(latest version). Also I recommend you decrypt all the movie files with DVD decrypter and use nero recode 2(get a crack for it) to encode and burn.

Hope this helps :)