PDA

View Full Version : Remember when you was a kid

Jon L. Obscene
10-26-2004, 10:25 AM
Did you have one of them kids who's familiy would copy everything you did, you get a dog, 2 weeks later, they get one, you get a video, 2 weeks later they get one, you get sky, 2 weeks later they get sky?
Did it really piss you off?
they always had to copy because they could not think for themselfs.

Is'nt it funny how this does'nt change as we get older, you go buy a new car, so your nieghbour has to buy a new car etc etc, I've always been one to either think of it myself or feel guilty if I copied (which I very very rarely do/did)

Idea's you have should be your own, people who copy are sad people with no brain of their own.

Yes you prolly all wondering what this is all about, well I'm pissed off.
Over quite a long period of time I've had idea's and put them to use, only to have pretty much 90% of them copied within a fortnight, I don't mind people having the same things, that's fair enough, everyone is entitled to it, but when people just blantently copy you it really pisses me off.

Discuss

Jonno :cool:

Guillaume
10-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Did you have one of them kids who's familiy would copy everything you did, you get a dog, 2 weeks later, they get one, you get a video, 2 weeks later they get one, you get sky, 2 weeks later they get sky?
Did it really piss you off?
they always had to copy because they could not think for themselfs.

Is'nt it funny how this does'nt change as we get older, you go buy a new car, so your nieghbour has to buy a new car etc etc, I've always been one to either think of it myself or feel guilty if I copied (which I very very rarely do/did)

Idea's you have should be your own, people who copy are sad people with no brain of their own.

Yes you prolly all wondering what this is all about, well I'm pissed off.
Over quite a long period of time I've had idea's and put them to use, only to have pretty much 90% of them copied within a fortnight, I don't mind people having the same things, that's fair enough, everyone is entitled to it, but when people just blantently copy you it really pisses me off.

Discuss

Guillaume :cool:

:P

Nah, I was lucky not to have one of those, though I can understand how annoying it may be.
On the other hand I also understands this to be a tad unimportant, it's not like you copyrighted the idea of getting a new car...

If your neighbour gets an hernia operation now, you'll know for sure.

Jon L. Obscene
10-26-2004, 10:36 AM
I'm not talking about simple things, like I said, it does'nt bother me really, not 1 or 2 things, but when it's every good idea you have and things that are not easy to do, things you worked hard on to make good, and it goes on for months and months then it seems a bit shitty if you ask me.

lynx
10-26-2004, 10:44 AM
When I was a kid? Jeez, how am I supposed to remember that far back.

Maybe Bigboab can help here, I believe he's having his second childhood. :rolleyes:

Jon L. Obscene
10-26-2004, 10:53 AM
That's my point, it's childish :rolleyes:

manker
10-26-2004, 11:17 AM
I think of it as a complement. When I was little my sister copied everything I did - and it really did my head in. My parents explained to me that it was only because she wanted to do things as well as I could do them and that I was helping her learn. It didn't seem quite so bad then.

I think of it in the same way now. Sometimes it means that I don't get credit if someone nicks my idea but I don't seek that anyway. If someone outright copies what I do/wear/say/buy then I don't comment on it but I definitely think of it as commending my taste :)

Yogi
10-26-2004, 11:27 AM
I think of it as a complement. When I was little my sister copied everything I did - and it really did my head in. My parents explained to me that it was only because she wanted to do things as well as I could do them and that I was helping her learn. It didn't seem quite so bad then.

I think of it in the same way now. Sometimes it means that I don't get credit if someone nicks my idea but I don't seek that anyway. If someone outright copies what I do/wear/say/buy then I don't comment on it but I definitely think of it as commending my taste :)

I think of it as a compliment. When I was little my brother copied everything I did - and it really did my head in. My parents explained to me that it was only because he wanted to do things as well as I could do them and that I was helping her learn. It didn't seem quite so bad then.

I think of it in the same way now. Sometimes it means that I don't get credit if someone nicks my idea but I don't seek that anyway. If someone outright copies what I do/wear/say/buy then I don't comment on it but I definitely think of it as commending my taste.......

There you go.

No need for thanks.

bigboab
10-26-2004, 11:31 AM
When I was a kid? Jeez, how am I supposed to remember that far back.

Maybe Bigboab can help here, I believe he's having his second childhood. :rolleyes:

Sorry cant help.:( I was 21 when I was born. Parents could not afford me.:blink:

DarthInsinuate
10-26-2004, 11:33 AM
you should stop telling people about your secret machinations Jonno, it kinda defeats the purpose of a secret

Yomimic :cool:

Jon L. Obscene
10-26-2004, 11:35 AM
@Manky.......I agree totally, there's a saying I can't remember very well, something like "Imitation is the highest form of flatery"
But imo there's a limit, like you open a sweet shop cos there is no other for miles, then this person opens another sweet shop right next door, I know some would say it's healthy competition, but that's bollocks, not one person here would be happy :rolleyes:

@Bob....... :lol: You're a funny bloke

Yogi
10-26-2004, 11:37 AM
Sorry cant help.:( I was 21 when I was born. Parents could not afford me.:blink:
@Bob....... :lol: You're a funny bloke

Yopy

manker
10-26-2004, 11:38 AM
Sincerest form of flattery, I think.

Also to be fair if some person was copying me and it was affecting my livelihood then it would get to me.