PDA

View Full Version : Fuffiling a promise I made to HP

Duffman
10-26-2004, 03:35 PM
Ok everyone, take my advice, and stick it to the man, never fucking buy an HP anything again. My hp 3820 didn't last through the first set on ink cartrages. HP offered to do nothing but sell me a new printer, I said fuck you, im telling everyone I know to never buy HP again. I wouldn't have been so pissed if they would have just admited a design flaw, but they denied it and said tuff shit. So i'm trying to get an anti-hp grassroots movement going.

--Hilary Duffman

AcID ZeR0
10-26-2004, 03:59 PM
My HP 3820 is on something like it's 20th new set of cartradgies and no sign of problems here (touch wood). However if HP treated you like you've said I'd be pretty pissed off too and well within my rights to be.

vivitron 15
10-26-2004, 04:23 PM
tis a shame companies dont try to look after their customers more.

personally though, i dunno how many carts ive had in my HP LJ 4...its quite a few certainly..

Duffman
10-26-2004, 04:40 PM
My HP 3820 is on something like it's 20th new set of cartradgies and no sign of problems here (touch wood). However if HP treated you like you've said I'd be pretty pissed off too and well within my rights to be.

Im not sure thats possible, lol, just type in POS 3820 on google, and your find half a million people like me, read the epinion reviews, and amazon.com, your 1 in a million bud.

Storm
10-26-2004, 05:57 PM
tis a shame companies dont try to look after their customers more.

yeah, especially since research shows that having a good customer service pays for itself (if Duffman had gotten a new printer free, think of how this thread would have looked like)

tesco
10-26-2004, 07:44 PM
What happened to the printer?

if it's still on first ink cartridges then surely it's pretty new so try returning to teh store it was bought from?

btw, duffman are you a guy or a girl?

Duffman
10-26-2004, 08:32 PM
Im a guy, but over the duff years, many a nicknames have come about, so i use them whenever. Actually its like a year or 3 or old, i just don't print a lot. Just replace the color for the first time and it said replace the color, so I looked online, and low and behold its a peice of shit.

--Duff420

Duffman
10-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Why, rossco, saw my age and looking for love, *blush

--Duffman

tesco
10-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Why, rossco, saw my age and looking for love, *blush

--Duffman
:D

:lol: no i was just wondering.

Virtualbody1234
10-26-2004, 08:39 PM
How old is the printer and how long is the warranty good for?

Duffman
10-26-2004, 08:55 PM
How old is the printer and how long is the warranty good for?

lets say 2 years old, 90 day warenty.

HCT
10-27-2004, 12:26 AM
HP tech support

http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=7DB50D0E60CAC01FFC7A9D36FF9A9718

bigdawgfoxx
10-27-2004, 12:35 AM
well 2 years old...of course there not gona give you money back or nething..

But I dont like HP at all, and would NEVER buy their computers.

peat moss
10-27-2004, 12:53 AM
I swear printer company's give you a DUMMY cartridge , with purchase .It lasts a month if you have little ones. No black just the colour catridge too! Rip off ! I have a HP 3320 , not bad really, but the ink replacement cost's more than a Fooking new printer. :lol:

tesco
10-27-2004, 01:14 AM
I swear printer company's give you a DUMMY cartridge , with purchase .It lasts a month if you have little ones. No black just the colour catridge too! Rip off ! I have a HP 3320 , not bad really, but the ink replacement cost's more than a Fooking new printer. :lol:
ya the cartridge that came with my printer was 20ml but the rest are 40ml that u buy in stores (the black...not sure about the color one).

bigdawgfoxx
10-27-2004, 01:16 AM
Yah the last time I ran out of ink I just bought the same printer, sept new, for the same price.

Why is ink so much money?

tesco
10-27-2004, 01:24 AM
Yah the last time I ran out of ink I just bought the same printer, sept new, for the same price.

Why is ink so much money?
you seen how inkjet cartridges work? :o

read this (http://computer.howstuffworks.com/inkjet-printer3.htm).

bigdawgfoxx
10-27-2004, 02:13 AM
So then why dont we just buy ink refils all the time and stuff instead of the whole cartridge?

"Another way that they have reduced costs is by incorporating much of the actual print head into the cartridge itself. The manufacturers believe that since the print head is the part of the printer that is most likely to wear out, replacing it every time you replace the cartridge increases the life of the printer."

I guess thats why

Storm
10-27-2004, 02:32 AM
lets say 2 years old, 90 day warenty.

thats bullshit!!!!

you have 6 months of warranty on all consumer purchases, even stuff like ginea pig (yep, dont feed it, then bring it back to the store and say it aint workin and you want a new one, just dare them to prove you didnt feed it ;) )

or at least thats the way it works in europe

if in the states, just sue them for emotional trauma or something ;)

Duffman
10-27-2004, 05:54 AM
Just got me an epson c86, it works, and thats a step up. and i like it too,

--Duffzero

Storm
10-27-2004, 10:08 AM
btw, the ink is so expensive cause the printers are cheap

give away the printer, then make money on the ink....... nice markting idea, but people started refilling em (=less cash for producer), so they incorperated the printhead into the cartrigde, to make refilling harder (a chip on the thing will stop it from printing if its refilled)