Fat ones

Rat Faced
10-27-2004, 07:46 AM
:(

Damn

Jon L. Obscene
10-27-2004, 11:16 AM
Fat ones

No nessesarilly (spelling) I remember seeing a 3y/o girl on tv who weighed 9.5 stone (130lbs aprox) ok her mother was a big girl, but her father was skinny as hell.
It's possible it's a health problem of some kind, but more likely the way she is fed.

Well reading back over my post I see it has to be the contradictory post ever :01:

Jonno :cool:

Rat Faced
10-27-2004, 12:06 PM
Nothing new there then....

Jon L. Obscene
10-27-2004, 12:09 PM
Well yes there is really, cos I do sometimes altho other times I can be ok, then I get confused and .........I'm doing it again are'nt I :ph34r:

Rat Faced
10-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Yeah, knowing you, your probably doing it again :rolleyes:

sArA
10-27-2004, 12:12 PM
Sorry, but anyone who feeds their child to these levels is committing child abuse.

DanB
10-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Tis nasty

Rat Faced
10-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Sorry, but anyone who feeds their child to these levels is committing child abuse.

Erm... You've just seen Jonno's pic?

Jon L. Obscene
10-27-2004, 12:20 PM
:lol: You cheeky shit :dry:

Rat Faced
10-27-2004, 12:22 PM
Ooops...

Thought you'd gone already :rolleyes:

Sowwy

/me crosses fingers

Jon L. Obscene
10-27-2004, 12:24 PM
You'd have known if I was gone cos the place would start to smell nice :D

Rat Faced
10-27-2004, 12:25 PM
Depends how far away from your PC your bathroom is...

We know what your gonna go do now :unsure:

Jon L. Obscene
10-27-2004, 12:27 PM
Glad you know, cos I fogot :ph34r:

Rat Faced
10-27-2004, 12:31 PM
Glad you know, cos I fogot :ph34r:

You'd just bet you could stay exactly where you are for the next 24 hours... without changing rooms

Jon L. Obscene
10-27-2004, 12:37 PM
I done that pretty much every day for the last 2 weeks tho :rolleyes: :lol:

bigboab
10-27-2004, 01:29 PM
Erm... You've just seen Jonno's pic?
Your wrong there RF. If youve ever heard Jonno on a bad night it is not child abuse or sex abuse. The way he plays its Sax abuse.:lol: :lol:

manker
10-27-2004, 01:35 PM
Or axe abuse :rolleyes:

Jon L. Obscene
10-27-2004, 01:43 PM
Hey hey hey, nothing wrong with the way I play my axe :dry:
Cept not being able to hit the correct notes :01:

Rat Faced
10-27-2004, 01:44 PM
You actually get noise coming out of it now?

Well, thats a step in the right direction, keep at it ;)

Mathea
10-27-2004, 02:11 PM
erm even tho this thread has turned to makin fun of Jonno (big surprise there :P) its a combination of genetics/ health disorder and parenting imo. I mean even if the kid has some sort of problem that makes them gain weight rapidly, there are things the parents can do to help. Funny thing is, I think i saw that one (i dont watch talk shows much, but i have seen a super-fat kids Maury)... and there was another baby that was about a year old and so obese.... she fed him chicken wings (which i think is unsafe for a little baby with the bones and all) snack cakes.... bottles full of soda... his snack was 2 burgers from mcdonalds and fries etc....

you get the picture. How this can go on and the mother cant get in trouble? I agree with whomever said it is child abuse.... these kids have no chance. A couple weeks ago when i was waitressing this big family came in and sat down. there was a little girl there (who was already getting too large for her age imo)... when they ordered for her they got her 2 FULL adult sized meals! and dessert. and some pizza. WHats wrong with this picture?

Dont you think its odd too how they can take away children who are being underfed... but stuffing a child is ok? Meh Ill shut up now, this just really upsets me bc that child is going to be teased and berated for something that is beyond their control. And once they are old enuff to take control, their heads are gonna be so fucked up that they will prolly keep turning to food for comfort....

Jon L. Obscene
10-27-2004, 02:13 PM
You actually get noise coming out of it now?

Well, thats a step in the right direction, keep at it ;)

:lol: You cheeky tosser :lol:

@Mathea......Sorry did'nt mean to hijack a thread :( God forbid that happen in teh lounge :P

Mathea
10-27-2004, 02:16 PM
lol i think i visited talk club one too many times

please help me

manker
10-27-2004, 02:17 PM
I agree to an extent, Mathea. When a kid gets that big then it is glandular and there is little a parent can do apart from ease the situation and follow doctors advice. She will never be slim but equally she probably needn't be that fat.

It's really, really hard as a parent to deny your kid food especially if they are particularly young. I don't think I could do it if they were crying. OK I'd make them eat healthily but even then if their medical problem was making them hungry all of the time, they were miserable in school and their only comfort was your love and eating -- it would be difficult to say no.

Professional help is a must but it has to be so tough on the parents of a kid like that :(

Rat Faced
10-27-2004, 02:17 PM
lol i think i visited talk club one too many times

please help me

Why?

You made very good points.

DanB
10-27-2004, 02:22 PM
What about the example Mathea gave about the girl at her restaurant? I mean that isnt a normal amount of food to eat.

I am sure medical studies have proven that we have more fat kids now cos they eat crap food all the time and hardly do any exercise, unless its to put a different game in the playstation

Mathea
10-27-2004, 02:24 PM
manker: i understand that its hard to deny food.... but yes something healthy is better than a bunch of greasy burgers and fried n soda and snack cakes.....

tho another problem arises when kids see food as a reward. And you even said it
they were miserable in school and their only comfort was your love and eating... they shouldnt find food as their "comfort". it only enhances the problem. I dont have children, so I dont know how it is for parents, but i know when i do I will moniter what they eat... I also dont believe in rewrding kids with food (like, "if u behave you'll get that candy bar") bc I think it only adds to the problem.

If you have a child that has a glandular problem, you need to find out what kind of diet the y should be on, and stick as close to it as possible. One of the ladies on the show said she gives her kid w/e she wants and its ok.... I just dont think its right. You should not have a 5 yr old that weighs over 200 pounds.... disorder or not.

Mathea
10-27-2004, 02:25 PM
What about the example Mathea gave about the girl at her restaurant? I mean that isnt a normal amount of food to eat.

I am sure medical studies have proven that we have more fat kids now cos they eat crap food all the time and hardly do any exercise, unless its to put a different game in the playstation
ty Dan! (im not gonna even get started on my video game rant :P)

manker
10-27-2004, 02:26 PM

Definitely. Those parents are wrong in doing that.

I mean that I'm not so harsh on blaming the parents when the kid has a glandular disorder.

DanB
10-27-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm not fat I'm just big boned

Mathea
im not blaming the parents for the kids having a disorder... im blaming the parents who think that means: oh well my kids gonna be fat anyway so may as well feed him/her anything and everything cuz there's no hope

its v possible that by being stricter in what they eat that while the kid wont be skinny, he/she wont be so huge that theres no hope

Jon L. Obscene
bc that child is going to be teased and berated for something that is beyond their control. ....

That's a fact of life.

In all honesty it amazes me how people will go ape shit if they see a dog being treated badly in anyway, yet they will turn their head if it's a child and simply rant and rave to friends/family.
This is whats wrong with the world, everyone is too afraid to say something, it's always whispers "omg look at that kid" etc, maybe someone should be walking upto these people saying "You are killing your child, over feeding him/her and creating an unhealthy start in life"

But no one will because it's considered rude to tell a parent how to raise a child.

It's all bollocks really.

Mathea
10-27-2004, 02:30 PM
i have a friend that rewards her kids with food, and I flat out told her what i thought of that and that she shouldnt be doing it (2 of her 3 kids are overweight, the other one is soon to follow)

tho yeah it is considered rude... luckily I dont mind being the loudmouth :P

manker
10-27-2004, 02:30 PM
manker: i understand that its hard to deny food.... but yes something healthy is better than a bunch of greasy burgers and fried n soda and snack cakes.....

tho another problem arises when kids see food as a reward. And you even said it ... they shouldnt find food as their "comfort". it only enhances the problem. I dont have children, so I dont know how it is for parents, but i know when i do I will moniter what they eat... I also dont believe in rewrding kids with food (like, "if u behave you'll get that candy bar") bc I think it only adds to the problem.

If you have a child that has a glandular problem, you need to find out what kind of diet the y should be on, and stick as close to it as possible. One of the ladies on the show said she gives her kid w/e she wants and its ok.... I just dont think its right. You should not have a 5 yr old that weighs over 200 pounds.... disorder or not.
You're quite right. However if there is something wrong with the kid then he or she is always going to be fat. There is nothing short of surgery or starvation that you can do. They have massive appetites and slow metabolisms.

When I said that their only comfort is food, I mean it in a phisical yearning sense, not as a reward cos it tastes nice.

As I say, I'm not going to be as harsh on the parents as some because to deny your child food is against your natural instincts, therefore no matter how much adivce they get and how many diets they are put on the parent is going to be going though absolute hell.

Filliz
10-27-2004, 02:32 PM
Isn't that the kid that made it on 'Jerry Springer' a few years back?
I think it is.
He/she was born as the heaviest/fattest kid ever. :(

manker
10-27-2004, 02:32 PM
im not blaming the parents for the kids having a disorder... im blaming the parents who think that means: oh well my kids gonna be fat anyway so may as well feed him/her anything and everything cuz there's no hope

its v possible that by being stricter in what they eat that while the kid wont be skinny, he/she wont be so huge that theres no hope
Ah, then we agree :D

DanB
10-27-2004, 02:34 PM
The thing is taht parents have a responsibilty to their child to look after them and give them the best start inlife they can.

If that means witholding 3 BigMacs from your kid then so be it, making them drink squash instead of full fat coke, an apple instead of 3 bags of crisps, its not doing them any good giving in to them all the time and making them the size of a house.

Jon L. Obscene
10-27-2004, 02:40 PM
I have a freind whos 11 y/o son is a big lad, he's not "Fat" as such, he's always been very tall , (he's nearly my hieght) , but he's (putting this as delicately as I can) slow, this is because if he says he has a tummy ache or headache he'll get 3 days off school, so he's simply not learning, he'll then sit there watching tv or playing games and eating crap, chocolate etc, also if he goes shopping he will get whatever he asks for, litterally this kids is spoilt absolutely rotten, if he does'nt get it he stamps his feet and cries (at 11y/o) he has no medical disorder, he's simply spoilt, and he has a weight problem, so instead of his mother cutting him down, she lets his gran tell him he's fat and ugly, so he them gets upset and his mother buys him sweets to compensate :frusty:

So what chance does he stand in life?

Mathea
10-27-2004, 02:49 PM
@Dan: i absolutely agree... thats what ive been trying to say

@Jonno: not a v good one :S

DanB
10-27-2004, 02:50 PM
Thats the sort of thing thats just as bad as neglect really

Mathea
10-27-2004, 02:56 PM
yet kids arent taken away for that

parents arent even reprimanded or anything....

Rip The Jacker
10-28-2004, 12:25 AM
Wow you guys made some pretty good points... I just can't help but feel sorry for the girl. :(

h121589
10-28-2004, 12:47 AM
i seen that before

Yogi
10-28-2004, 07:50 AM
The states should start a War on Fat.

Retreat from Iraq and have a budget of 70 billion for it.

ruthie
10-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Obesity is a growing problem in the US (pun intended). There are lots of fat people here...I think they grew up with the finish what's on your plate, and the plates are platter sized. Eating their way to an early death.

DanB
10-28-2004, 01:08 PM
Wow you guys made some pretty good points... I just can't help but feel sorry for the girl. :(

That was a girl? :blink:

Yogi
10-28-2004, 01:23 PM
In 2000, 400,000 American – one in 700 of the population - deaths were related to eating badly and physical inactivity, slightly under the 435,000 figure linked to tobacco, finds the new study released by the government’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Yobese

ruthie
10-28-2004, 01:27 PM
Hmm, speaking bout food, how bout some recipes? ROFL

Yogi
10-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Sorry, but i never prepared ROFL.............

Is it any good???

ruthie
10-28-2004, 01:35 PM
scrumptious..can't get enough of it

manker
10-28-2004, 01:37 PM
Sorry, but i never prepared ROFL.............

Is it any good???
Dyslexic cuisine from the antipodies. I hear it's a bit chewy :unsure:

http://moderation.forumflash.com/style_emoticons/default/rolf.gif

Yogi
10-28-2004, 01:47 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, here's the lunch i prepared Fre today before she went horsy-ing.....

http://premium.uploadit.org/poeper/frefood.jpg

ruthie
10-28-2004, 01:48 PM
lucky chick

DanB
10-28-2004, 01:56 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, here's the lunch i prepared Fre today before she went horsy-ing.....

http://premium.uploadit.org/poeper/frefood.jpg

:blink: :blink: wtf is that?

Yogi
10-28-2004, 02:04 PM
A mushroom-burger.

With bread.

Salad.

Forest Fruit and melon.

Dried Tomatoes.

And heaps of Yogi.

On a plate.

ruthie
10-28-2004, 02:06 PM
Does it ship well? LOL

DanB
10-28-2004, 02:10 PM
I wondered what the fruity looking stuff was :lol:

I' surprised you have it all on the same plate though

Yogi
10-28-2004, 02:14 PM
edit.....

Yogi
10-28-2004, 02:15 PM
I wondered what the fruity looking stuff was :lol:

I' surprised you have it all on the same plate though

This was before i put it in a blender....... :sick:

Nah, j/k, me is a show-off...............:01:

ruthie
10-28-2004, 02:18 PM
well, you make some really good looking food there, Yogi.

manker
10-28-2004, 02:21 PM
A mushroom burger, looks nothing of the sort. What kind of trickery is this.

Tis the devils work :ermm:

DanB
10-28-2004, 02:24 PM
Burn it :01:

Yogi
10-28-2004, 02:24 PM
A mushroom burger, looks nothing of the sort. What kind of trickery is this.

Tis the devils work :ermm:
I agree.;)

I used the mushy's to hide the burger.........:rolleyes:

Like you use your beans to hide your cooking.............:lol:

Ruthie: Thanks.

Yogi
10-28-2004, 02:27 PM
Burn it :01:I must say, i set my food on fire regularly!!!:01:

Really.:)

Most of the time i use tequila or brandy to do so.;)

I'll look if i can find a pic of that.[/yogi off to pile of cd's.............]

DanB
10-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Flambé :01:

I have always wanted to do that

manker
10-28-2004, 02:30 PM
I agree.;)

I used the mushy's to hide the burger.........:rolleyes:

Like you use your beans to hide your cooking.............:lol: Infidel :dry:

If I could round up a rowdy mob quickly enough we'd be taking Dan's advice :devil:

Yogi
10-28-2004, 03:36 PM
If only you could...........

But since the lounge is deserted most of the day.........http://www.sighost.us/members/danb/nerner.gif