PDA

View Full Version : Newegg

clocker
10-28-2004, 01:05 AM
Anyone currently have an order in to Newegg?
I ordered some parts on Monday, paid the extra $2.99 for "expedited" handling ( along with a premium for 2nd day air shipping) and my order is still sitting in the warehouse.
Three phone calls have all resulted in the same response....there is a "problem" in the California location, but my order will be shipped immediately.
It hasn't been.

They are usually so good about shipping, I wonder what is going on?

Duffman
10-28-2004, 01:11 AM
Thats really weird clocky, newegg usually ships quicker than expected...

zapjb
10-28-2004, 01:23 AM
Weird, clocker. Although if you want something free complain. Newegg good about keeping customers happy. Ask for a discount of 5-10% off your order. Just don't state it that way. If your orders like $250 ask for like $20. Shit I've ordered all but 1 or 2 computer items from them. On my Antec case they sent me $25 & an Antec 120mm fan.

Duffman
10-28-2004, 01:26 AM
BTW Clocky, what did ya order?

clocker
10-28-2004, 01:38 AM
I'm getting a Thermalright XP-90 and DFI Lanparty board for my new x64 3400+.

The current Chaintech board with the x64 3000+ are soon to be history.

tesco
10-28-2004, 02:00 AM
I'm getting a Thermalright XP-90 and DFI Lanparty board for my new x64 3400+.

The current Chaintech board with the x64 3000+ are soon to be history.
Lucky.

I agree with zapjb you should try to get newegg to take money off your order or something. :)

bigdawgfoxx
10-28-2004, 02:20 AM
One thing that happened with one of mine or mattescas orders..cant remember whose, but it said it was in the wharehouse and it arrived at my door...it didnt update for some reason.

mattesca
10-28-2004, 02:44 AM
yeah newegg did that same shit to me :P oh wait fox just said that

clocker
10-28-2004, 02:03 PM
Update:

My order ( sitting dormant since Monday ) is apparently the victim of a move to new warehouse facilities in California.
Many orders were processed correctly during this transition, mine was not.
I was promised ( again, for the third straight day) that it would ship out today.

We'll see.

Duffman
10-28-2004, 03:07 PM
good luck clocky.

BawA
10-28-2004, 04:22 PM
can some1 tell me if newegg ships outside USA

Virtualbody1234
10-28-2004, 05:10 PM
can some1 tell me if newegg ships outside USA
Read the second to last item listed here: http://www.newegg.com/app/faq_shipping.asp

Newegg.com does not currently ship internationally. Presently we only deliver within the United States and Puerto Rico.

BawA
10-28-2004, 05:52 PM
Thanks VB

tesco
10-28-2004, 07:32 PM
I wish they did. :crying:

zapjb
10-29-2004, 01:06 AM
clocker, ask the egg for something free. As in compensation.

Duffman
10-29-2004, 01:44 AM
Or at least say you don't wanna pay the extra 2.99 and the 2 day shipping fee, because it didn't happen.

clocker
10-29-2004, 03:16 AM
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for purchasing at Newegg.

Please accept our deepest apologies for your recent inconvenience. We regret to
inform you that one or more of your packages have been delayed, as a result of a
mechanical problem within a warehouse. Please know that this is not a standard
operating procedure for Newegg. As of now, the issue has been resolved and you
can expect to receive your future orders with the same speed and processing that
Newegg is acclaimed for.

For the inconvenience of this unfortunate delay, please accept a small gift from
Newegg as a token our appreciation for your continued patience in this matter.
Feel free to check your Order Status within the next few days for further
details.

Thank you again for your time and patience. If you have any further questions or
concerns, please feel free to contact us toll free at 800-390-1119 or send us an
email at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Newegg Customer Service

The processing fee has already been waived.
Expedited shipping ( in this case, overnight air) is apparently not possible.
Now on my fifth promise that the order would be released and I'd get a tracking number...but still no action.
I am not the only one suffering from the mysterious malady currently afflicting Newegg's California warehouse...there is a whole thread devoted to this phenomonon on the OC Forums.
Being in the business myself, I can understand shipping snafus, what I find most maddening about the whole situation is the blithe lying and casual dismissal.
They have a serious problem and being one of the few unfortunates caught in the backlash is very frustrating.

Starting tomorrow morning....no more Mr. Nice Guy.

*No, I have not the slightest idea what the unspecified "gift" might be....

bigdawgfoxx
10-29-2004, 03:23 AM
Athlon FX-55 :D

clocker
10-29-2004, 03:27 AM
That would work.

tesco
10-29-2004, 11:56 AM
Probably a newegg calculatron or tshirt or something. ;)

lynx
10-29-2004, 12:12 PM
It sound like something is really scrambled at the California warehouse. :blink:

Coat time, I think. :sadwalk:

clocker
10-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Okey-dokey.
Now I get the free gift ( whatever that may be ), Newegg will eat ALL shipping charges AND I get free overnight delivery.

Supposedly.

As I have been promised a swift resolution to this nightmare by every sales rep since Tuesday morning, I am somewhat skeptical, but time will tell.

If I don't get a tracking number by this afternoon I get to call yet again.
Soon I'll be on a first name basis with all the poor souls in the phone bullpen.....

clocker
10-30-2004, 01:55 PM
The nightmare continues...
Still no action on the order.
This despite my last sales contact claiming to have actually called ( apparently all past communiques have been by email) the warehouse supervisor who promised to personally place my package on the last outgoing truck for overnight delivery.
As of this morning no tracking number and my "order status" on the website remains static at step two.

The situation has elevated to the status of grim hilarity.
I have now been promised by six different reps that my order will be resolved immediately and nothing has happened.
Newegg has offered free gifts ( unspecified nature) and the waiving of all shipping charges.
The only thing they haven't managed to do is actually deliver the damn package.

I am open to suggestions....

Virtualbody1234
10-30-2004, 02:09 PM
How about you tell them to send the whole thing free or you'll cancel the order and go somewhere else. Give them a deadline and if the don't deliver then never buy from them again.

clocker
10-30-2004, 02:43 PM
That's a good suggestion VB, unfortunately, finding the two parts I ordered from another source is not easy.

That might be my action of last resort though.

Virtualbody1234
10-30-2004, 03:02 PM
unfortunately, finding the two parts I ordered from another source is not easy.
That could be the whole problem. They can't find them either.

Peerzy
10-30-2004, 06:31 PM
Yeah do what VB said, there not gonna know if you even order from them again, its just the threat that matters.

clocker
10-31-2004, 05:06 PM
Things should get interesting Monday morning.
A quick check of the Newegg website this morning ( Sunday) shows that the price of the DFI motherboard I ordered (last Monday morning, remember?) has been dropped by $12 and the heatsink (Thermalright XP-90) is out of stock.

I wonder if there is actually a package with my name on it containing those two items that has been unaccountably floating around the California warehouse for the past week, or will I now be informed that the parts are not available?

Were I a betting man, I'd put my money on the latter.

Peerzy
10-31-2004, 05:10 PM
Give them an threat. Say that your customer for the shop you ordered has gone else where becuase of the problem however which means you will just have to keep them for later use and that you are very annoyed and expect a massive discount or they can forget ever having to 'sort out' any more oprders from you.

zapjb
10-31-2004, 08:18 PM
Don't threaten them. That's fn ridiculious. Develope a relationship with one or more customer service reps. Sound frustrated & disappointed in the situation, not in them. Tell em a sob story how much this is inconviencing you, but be nice & polite always. Say this is costing you time & money. You're disappointed in Newegg, blah blah. Again ALWAYS be nice to the rep. Ask them how is Newegg gonna make it up to you. Go for a check or item(s) worth 20% of your lost order. Shipping doesn't count, they'll just throw that in 1st thing. And be willing to settle for 10%. Simple really. Newegg is easy. GL clocker.

Peerzy
11-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Any updates clocker?

clocker
11-03-2004, 04:05 AM
Still the "same ole, same ole" from Newegg.
No tracking number, no indication when one might be issued, and no real hope of a swift resolution.

Based on my personal experience, I would definitely recommend NOT ORDERING from Newegg in the near future.
They have a serious problem and are very slow in resolving it.

abu_has_the_power
11-03-2004, 04:49 AM
clocker, never buy expedited shipping. it's no different from regular shipping. i've bought alot of stuff from newegg, and every single one was shipped the same day and came on time.

also, i'm not sure if they still do it, but if u write a good review for them, they send u a complimentary customer package. it includes:
- hat
- case stickers :huh:
- pen (right....)
- this cool paper weight thing

all for free. newegg rox if u get on their good side.

my advice, since ur the customer, call them and just bitch @ them on and on. it works with comcast and my phone company. just bitch, and they reduce the cost of my internet. i'm just so evil

go bitch at newegg, they'll do something bout it

clocker
11-03-2004, 12:12 PM
Abu,

Newegg's abysmal conduct concerning my order cannot/will not be excused with the sending of a free hat or ballpoint pen.
As intriguing as the "paperweight thingie" sounds, it does not compensate for the lack of motherboard/HS that I ordered.

I HAVE spoken to Newegg, twice a day for seven days in a row now, all to no avail.

IMO, Newegg hardly "roxs".

DanB
11-03-2004, 01:11 PM
You've been bitching at them for a week already though haven't you?

clocker
11-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Dan,
I have not been "bitching"...I have been conducting civilized inquiries regarding the status of my order.

They have been lying.

I now suspect that the Thermalright HS ( which was listed as "in stock" ALL last week, but changed to MIA on Sat.) does not exist, despite repeated assurances that my package does include it.

Furthermore, my credit card still shows the charge for full shipping and expedited handling. Since Wednesday last I have been promised free overnight delivery and the waiving of the handling fee.

Not a happy camper. :no:

Peerzy
11-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Take some action! Phone then up and say wha happened to the shipping yhat should ahve been free 5 days ago. Also ask to speak to the manger no some guy who thinks newegg is some free range chicken company.

clocker
11-03-2004, 10:37 PM
Peerzy,
Perhaps I haven't made myself clear....
I HAVE been speaking to "supervisors" and each and every time they have promised to remove the shipping charges, yet they remain on the bill.
This is actuallythe crux of my frustration...they repeatedly promise to do the right thing and then fail to follow through.

Although I have been perversely persistant till now, the possibility of a good deal on the OC forum classifieds has opened up the possibility of just cancelling the newegg order and moving on.
A member there is selling the exact board I am looking for along with a complete, high-end watercooling setup for a quite attractive price.
Perhaps it's an omen....
I have made a counter-offer, we'll see how it goes.

Peerzy
11-03-2004, 10:40 PM
Peerzy,
Perhaps I haven't made myself clear....
I HAVE been speaking to "supervisors" and each and every time they have promised to remove the shipping charges, yet they remain on the bill.
This is actuallythe crux of my frustration...they repeatedly promise to do the right thing and then fail to follow through.

Although I have been perversely persistant till now, the possibility of a good deal on the OC forum classifieds has opened up the possibility of just cancelling the newegg order and moving on.
A member there is selling the exact board I am looking for along with a complete, high-end watercooling setup for a quite attractive price.
Perhaps it's an omen....
I have made a counter-offer, we'll see how it goes.
ask the guy if he stole the board from a california warehouse:shifty:

clocker
11-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Hmmmm... the thought had not occurred to me.
Anyway, he is selling the board locally as it turns out.
We are currently haggling over the H2O rig.

clocker
11-04-2004, 01:07 AM
OK, they finally wore me down....I just cancelled the order.*

Allegedly there are 10,000 orders waiting to be shipped from Warehouse#7 and getting pissed off over two silly computer parts is just not worth the hassle.

If you are among the unfortunates buried in the logjam- I wish you well.

In a month or so, after Newegg has a chance to straighten house, perhaps I'll try ordering again.
This particular order apparently was fated not to be fulfilled.
Oh well.

* Now I'll never know what my free consolation gift would have been...

The upside of this deal is that I now have a cool watercooling loop on it's way (well, as soon as he receives the M.O. it will be), so Sprocket will again venture into the world of liquid cooling, albeit with better gear than the last time.
Wish us both luck....

lee551
11-13-2004, 04:53 PM
i ordered some RAM from newegg last week sunday. today i got this e-mail:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for shopping at Newegg.com (http://www.newegg.com/).

We regret that the shipment of one or more packages in your order has been delayed due to a technical difficulty. This experience is not commonplace, nor is it indicative of our usual high standards. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and be assured that this issue is being resolved. You may anticipate the processing of future orders with the seamless efficiency Newegg.com customers are accustomed to.

All items that have not shipped will be upgraded to overnight shipping at no additional charge and, if necessary, sent separately to expedite your order so that you receive your products as quickly as possible. We will make every effort to see that your entire order is shipped no later than Monday, November 15.

Because you are a valued customer, Newegg.com would like to present you with a special promo code good for $25.00 off your next purchase. Our greatest ambition is to ensure your complete satisfaction with each and every order and this gesture is to demonstrate our appreciation for your business.

Your exclusive promo code is XXXXXX and it will expire on February 1, 2005. Enter the code in the appropriate field in the shopping cart during checkout when placing your next order to redeem your $25.00 credit. We are truly grateful for your patience and understanding, and thank you once again for shopping at Newegg.com (http://www.newegg.com/).

If you have any questions, concerns or comments, please contact us at 1-800-390-1119 or via email at [email protected] ([email protected]).

Kindest regards,

Newegg.com Customer Service

( 1-800-390-1119

Once you know, you Newegg.

zapjb
11-13-2004, 05:11 PM
w00t! $25 off.

kaiweiler
11-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Not a bad deal at all considering your order was most likely not something that had to be there by an exact date, so really it's just a free $25. I'd be happy with it.

lee551
11-13-2004, 05:49 PM
what should i use it for? :D

zapjb
11-13-2004, 06:04 PM
What do you have, need & or want? And what's your $ limit?