PDA

View Full Version : Hasselhoff, teh Man

Afronaut
10-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Yeah (http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/28/hasselhoff.dui.ap/index.html)

Where was Kit?

:cool2:

DanB
10-29-2004, 11:54 AM
tut tut

Guillaume
10-29-2004, 11:58 AM
Where was Kit?
Probably lounging in Malibu with Street Hawk and Airwolf. :beerchug:

manker
10-29-2004, 11:58 AM
Why do 'Stars' always check themselves into a rehab clinic if they get caught smoking a spliff or drink driving :blink:

It happens all the time wheras the people I know think 'Bollocks, that was stupid' and accept the fine or caution and try not to do it again.

I'll try to procure some insight from Billy Dean (Friend Of The Stars)

Afronaut
10-29-2004, 12:04 PM
PR is PR is PR

DanB
10-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Whether its good or bad I guess

Afronaut
10-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Whether its good or bad I guess

Yes. That's about what I first thought.

Virtualbody1234
10-29-2004, 12:15 PM
Why do 'Stars' always check themselves into a rehab clinic if they get caught smoking a spliff or drink driving :blink:

It happens all the time wheras the people I know think 'Bollocks, that was stupid' and accept the fine or caution and try not to do it again.

I'll try to procure some insight from Billy Dean (Friend Of The Stars)

But it says he checked himself in before this incident.

In 2002, Hasselhoff checked himself into the Betty Ford Center for treatment of alcoholism.

manker
10-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Who said I was talking about Hasselhoff in particular?

D'oh! :frusty:

I must admit to only scanning that article, but it does still hold true, I guess :blushing:

Afronaut
10-29-2004, 12:22 PM
We all have an Alcohol Problem.
Two hands and one mouth.

Is good to see thought my Hero is "working on it".

Shoulda let Kit drive....

manker
10-29-2004, 12:23 PM
We all have an Alcohol Problem.
Two hands and one mouth.

Shoulda let Kit drive....
:lol: :lol:

Yogi
10-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Aawww, the burden of stardom.:(

http://www.thesunmachine.net/image_archive/archive/feb03/hasselhoff.jpg

Virtualbody1234
10-29-2004, 01:27 PM
Who said I was talking about Hasselhoff in particular?

D'oh! :frusty:

I must admit to only scanning that article, but it does still hold true, I guess :blushing:
Plenty of "normal" people go to rehab when they get caught.

manker
10-29-2004, 01:31 PM
Plenty of "normal" people go to rehab when they get caught.
In Northern America, maybe. It is not common in the UK.

At all.

Cheese
10-29-2004, 01:34 PM
In Northern America, maybe. It is not common in the UK.

At all.

Young people do here. I work alongside a substance misuse team and we get quite a few self-refferals for drink and drugs each week.

manker
10-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Edit: Wales.

I don't know anyone that has checked in voluntarily for rehab. Of course I do not work in the councelling business.

In the first instance I was talking about people I know c.f. 'Stars'

bigboab
10-29-2004, 01:42 PM

Thanks.:) I have cut it down to two orchards a week.:rolleyes:

Cheese

I don't know anyone that has checked in volutarily for rehab. Of course I do not work in the councelling business.

People like Tom Jones, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Ryan Giggs? :P

Virtualbody1234

I don't know anyone that has checked in volutarily for rehab. Of course I do not work in the councelling business.

I think your view of this would change if you did work in the councelling business or were in AA or similar program.

manker
10-29-2004, 01:43 PM
I think your view of this would change if you did work in the councelling business or were in AA or similar program.
No shit.

Cheese
10-29-2004, 01:47 PM
Though to get back to manker's original point I think stars practically revel in the fact that they go to rehab. And certain stars can't wait to get on Oprah and tell us all about their recovery.

There's a positive message to be taken from their experiences but sometimes you can't help but feel they use it as an excuse to boost their flagging careers.

manker
10-29-2004, 01:58 PM
Though to get back to manker's original point I think stars practically revel in the fact that they go to rehab. And certain stars can't wait to get on Oprah and tell us all about their recovery.

There's a positive message to be taken from their experiences but sometimes you can't help but feel they use it as an excuse to boost their flagging careers.
This is almost certainly true, I think. It is what I was hinting at.

I know people who've gotten caught in possession of a bit of hash or been banned for drink driving and rehab doesn't come into it. Just a lesson learned for being stupid. I was banned for speeding on the Motorway but I didn't think I had some kind of danger addiction and needed rehab but I did decide that going over 100mph was a bit stupid so I'd refrain in future :rolleyes:

Cheese
10-29-2004, 02:00 PM
This is almost certainly true, I think. It is what I was hinting at.

I know people who've gotten caught in possession of a bit of hash or been banned for drink driving and rehab doesn't come into it. Just a lesson learned for being stupid. I was banned for speeding on the Motorway but I didn't think I had some kind of danger addiction and needed rehab but I did decide that going over 100mph was a bit stupid so I'd refrain in future :rolleyes:

Anyhow, rehab is for quitters.

manker
10-29-2004, 02:01 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

DanB
10-29-2004, 02:01 PM
I had to undergo drug counselling once. It consisted of three 5 minute sessions over a period of 22 months.

The dialogue went something like this

Counsellor: Hello
Me : Hello
Counsellor: Are you using drugs?
Me: No
Counsellor 'k thx bye
Me: Bye

manker
10-29-2004, 02:18 PM
I had to undergo drug counselling once. It consisted of three 5 minute sessions over a period of 22 months.

The dialogue went something like this

Counsellor: Hello
Me : Hello
Counsellor: Are you using drugs?
Me: No
Counsellor 'k thx bye
Me: Bye
Result :D :lol:

Afronaut
10-29-2004, 03:57 PM

Yesh.

Even thought David "Bigboob" Hasselhoff might have a "problem" with alcohol,
I dont think that'll warrant much of a fuss in da media.

:D