PDA

View Full Version : Azureus

Pages : 1 [2]

j0hn
03-25-2006, 05:38 PM
µtorrent allows u to stop seeding when seeding time reaches xhours, or x%. when it reaches x u can set it to stop seeding, or reduce seed speed. this can be overridden for each torrent to continously seed if u wish.

salmon
03-25-2006, 08:58 PM
tools - options- queue - seeding - ignore rules - ignore torrents with a share ratio of ----

i have mine sett and it stops (not when force seeding)

Farquall
03-26-2006, 09:04 AM
tools - options- queue - seeding - ignore rules - ignore torrents with a share ratio of ----

i have mine sett and it stops (not when force seeding)

Yep I set mine for 1.5:1 or 2:1 unless seed:peer ratio is low. Works a treat. Its hidden down in seeding/queue options but it is there.

Oddish
03-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Thanks, I didn't see that option. Although the main thing for me is to be able to set this limit for each torrent individually. Let's say I have a global limit of 1:5, but I want to set some torrents to 2:5 or something. I could do that with ABC, but Azureus is really lacking in that area.

The Flying Cow
03-30-2006, 08:33 PM
see for yourself, gentlemen:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b341/Lhebanelk/3cf0e24e.png

behold, the nautilus

lynx
03-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Looks like it may be a faulty torrent file.

The Flying Cow
03-31-2006, 03:02 AM
hmm...that is very strange indeed...98% of the batch of torrents i saved on my folder are like this...
and the ones i get just now come out like this...only about 5 are healthy.

o_O

dedset
04-01-2006, 11:08 AM
I often get a similair error if the torrent file fails to completely download, seems the partial info it contains messes with azureus.

hugh.jeego
04-01-2006, 01:22 PM
thats weird. I've never had even one error with az.

The Flying Cow
04-01-2006, 11:36 PM
yeah, i re-downloaded the .torrents a few x and the new versios worked.

hmm...odd shit tho..but what can i say.

on the !azureus being error-free! one i gotta say thats bull, azureus is a piece of junk in terms of programming and RAM eating like it was fish & chips.

unfortunately its got the advantage over ABC of immediately assigning the space necessary for the .torrents to fit in the HDD so you can organize yourself better.

cheers amigos, nice stuff

theblueman
04-02-2006, 07:03 AM
I was using the old azureus 2.2.0.6 for quite for some time and it work fine but then i thought it about time i should update to i did i updated my java to the newest version and updated azureus then that when the problem occur my net would just disconnect after 3-5 mins this only happens when i open azureus my router is d-link 302g i try to install the old azureus it wont connect to the tracker :stars:

gerp
04-03-2006, 04:28 PM
try going to:

http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/Bad_routers

maybe that'll help.

worldpease
04-04-2006, 01:08 AM
Hi guys, Im here again, with a noob question.
The thing is that since the last Azureus Update, none of my torrents get to have
the 'green smile', it always stays in yellow; and also, almost none of my uploads will
work, so my ration on some sites are geting bad.
So I've been siting here for an hour or so making adjustments to my system configuration: to start, I don't even use my firewall, never have; in Norton, I have the "permit all" option activated to Azureus, but still, I keep geting 'yellow smiles'.
Then a few minutes ago, I decided to deactivate the one thing I always keep an eye on,
my 'Norton Worm Protection', I turned it off, then restarted Azureus... and
and 'bang'!.
:w00t: All the torrents start going like crazy, for a second all the speeds went over
the limit (as it always happens when you start a dld).

Well, no everything seems to work as it should, but again,
this is just cus I have 'worm protection off'.
If I go to the 'exeptions' in worm protection, I find there are a lot
of blocked files or stuff, so, what should I look for?
wich one should I de-select?

worldpease
04-04-2006, 02:29 AM
Strange, that has happened to me too,
but I never considered to be serius, just turn my PC off, then on again and
everything goes back to normal

btw 'gerp', something seems very familiar about your avatar.

Nickthestick91
04-04-2006, 02:36 AM
Same thing's been happening to me lately, and I have the Linksys WRT54GS. :( I guess I'll try some stuff that's on there to fix it.

EDIT: After some Googling, I've found a fix for the Linksys WRT54G/GL/GS router. Here it is:

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#Special_note_for_users_with_Linksys_WRT54G_GL_GS_routers

worldpease
04-05-2006, 05:32 AM
Did someone remove a piece of my signature?

edit: hey! there it is again.