PDA

View Full Version : Again political murder in Holland....

Yogi
11-02-2004, 11:32 AM
I am sick to my stomach over this.....

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (Reuters) -- A controversial Dutch filmmaker and newspaper columnist Theo van Gogh, who made a film about violence against women in Islamic societies, has been murdered in Amsterdam, police said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/11/02/netherlands.filmmaker.reut/index.html

yogi

DanB
11-02-2004, 11:35 AM
:( :(

100%
11-02-2004, 11:47 AM
HOLLY S***T

I know that Theo V Gogh was Disliked for his controversial provocative style and character in general
but this is sick.
By killing him it just makes the movie get more attention.

Yogi what exactly was it about him that people dislike?
i saw him in one movie once - but generally Dutch people do not talk very positive about him-why?

RIP theo

{I}{K}{E}
11-02-2004, 12:16 PM
I am sick to my stomach over this.....

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/11/02/netherlands.filmmaker.reut/index.html

yogi

:(

Watching news now !!

Yogi
11-02-2004, 12:18 PM
HOLLY S***T

I know that Theo V Gogh was Disliked for his controversial provocative style and character in general
but this is sick.
By killing him it just makes the movie get more attention.

Yogi what exactly was it about him that people dislike?
i saw him in one movie once - but generally Dutch people do not talk very positive about him-why?

RIP theo
He has allways been very outspoken and used his right to free speech to the

max.

I don't know who you spoke to, but in my circle he was highly appreciated.

He was a very critical moviemaker, best interviewer in our country and his

columns in the paper were allways sharp as a knife.

It is now allmost certain his current stance on fundamentalism has cost him

his life.

Naturally i am shocked by his death, but probably even more by the way it

happened and why.

Once "my country" is no more..............

Yogi

manker
11-02-2004, 12:20 PM
This is sad news, I'd not heard of the gnetleman in question but I do remember a couple of years ago that Kim Fortuyn (sp?) also suffered the same fate.

I cannot understand how this has happened twice in Holland, of all places :(

bigboab
11-02-2004, 12:23 PM
It would appear, IMO, that the Islamic religion has reached the same stage that Christianity reached in the middle ages. Disagree in any way and it is heresey. Death and torture to those committing heresey.

Again, IMO, its a pity that religion did not stay in the middle ages where it belonged.:(

{I}{K}{E}
11-02-2004, 12:25 PM
http://images.fok.nl/upload/041102_18073_041102_18642_theovangoghkleinerb.jpg

manker
11-02-2004, 12:29 PM
It would appear, IMO, that the Islamic religion has reached the same stage that Christianity reached in the middle ages. Disagree in any way and it is heresey. Death and torture to those committing heresey.(

Surely not all branches of Islam, eh Boab.

Just a few undesirables spoiling it for the vast majority, me thinks.

bigboab
11-02-2004, 12:41 PM
Surely not all branches of Islam, eh Boab.

Just a few undesirables spoiling it for the vast majority, me thinks.Unfortunately most of them are Manker. Remember Salman Rushdie?

After he published his book The Satanic Verses
The novel was banned in India and South Africa and burned on the streets of Bradford, Yorkshire. When Ayatollah Khomeini called on all zealous Muslims to execute the writer and the publishers of the book, Rushdie was forced into hiding. Also an aide to Khomeini offered a million-dollar reward for Rushdie's death. In 1993 Rushdie's Norwegian publisher William Nygaard was wounded in an attack outside his house. In 1997 the reward was doubled, and the next year the highest Iranian state prosecutor Morteza Moqtadale renewed the death sentence. During this period of fatwa violent protest in India, Pakistan, and Egypt caused several deaths. In 1990 Rushdie published an essay In Good Faith to appease his critics and issued an apology in which he reaffirmed his respect for Islam. However, Iranian clerics did not repudiate their death threat.

manker
11-02-2004, 12:59 PM
That situation is unfortunate.

I won't judge all Muslims based on the comments of a few, just as I won't judge all Christians on the comments of a few.

Are we that much better than them in our quest for perceived wrongdoers? We seem even more relentless in our pursuit of Islamic figureheads that sin against our society than they do against Mr Rushdie. The guy gets pictured at charity events and parties.

100%
11-02-2004, 01:16 PM
This murder is going to create a lot of paranoia, racism in NL
not good

and mr bush in holland they call this murder not terrorism

Rip Rob Scholten's legs
Rip H.Brood
Rip Fortuyn
Rip Hazes

Yogi
11-02-2004, 01:24 PM
Van Gogh was on his way to the office of his filmcompany, to watch

the first cut of his movie "0605", wich told the story of..... the killing of Pim Fortuyn.

The asassin is aressted. He had the dutch/maroccan nationality.

He shot van Gogh 7 times and also stabbed him with two knifes and left a note on

the body, held by one of the knifes.

Before getting arrested he also shot a policeman and someone passing.

This will most definitely have a very bad effect on our society.

I think all the special live broadcasts tonight concerning the American elections

will be filled by discussions on this travesty.

Yogi

Yogi
11-02-2004, 01:27 PM
This murder is going to create a lot of paranoia, racism in NL
not good

and mr bush in holland they call this murder not terrorism

Rip Rob Scholten's legs
Rip H.Brood
Rip Fortuyn
Rip Hazes
Sorry, but Herman Brood comitted suicide by jumping of the Hiltonhotel.

Andre Hazes died from a heatattach.

Rob Scholten lost his legs cos he was confused with an underworld laywer.

Van Gogh and Fortuyn were brutally murdered for speaking out.

Yogi
11-02-2004, 06:20 PM
This is impressive.

The centre of amsterdam is jammed by people making noise against what happened today.

The decision is not to be silent anymore.

Let us shout:

We don't take this anymore!!!!

nostalgia
11-02-2004, 06:25 PM
From Groningen:

WE DON'T TAKE IT ANY MORE! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

100%
11-02-2004, 06:28 PM
yes i know Brood and Hazes did it to them selves i twas just a homage to dutch figures

The Scholten Car Bomb was a mistake?????????? i thought it had to do with some kind of mafia relation thing. (Scholten is a famous dutch contemporary artist who copies everybody elses work)

So what did it say on the Note?

Amsterdam & the whole cultural scene must be going nuts.
but is it "We dont take this anymore?" directed at who exactly - all muslims or...

SeK612
11-02-2004, 06:34 PM
All muslims I have ever know have been ordinary people and any discussion of the latest violence (beheadings etc) have been met with disgust shown by non muslim people. Islamic fundamentalism does seem to have increased ten fold of late but, as others have mentioned, the brainwashing is coming from a few people.

Everose
11-02-2004, 07:05 PM
I just heard this sad fact on the news, Yogi. It is disturbing, and sad to witness such hate that would lead to such an action, regardless of where it is found. :(