PDA

View Full Version : Tarantino's New Mandarin Movie

{I}{K}{E}
11-03-2004, 01:27 AM
Tarantino's New Mandarin Movie

Cult American director Quentin Tarantino is making a new action film entirely in the Chinese Mandarin language. The film will be an homage to the 1970s low-budget 'chopsocky' kung-fu genre, which Tarantino is a long-time admirer of. He is planning two versions, one with English subtitles and another dubbed into English, deliberately badly, as a nod to the original 'chopsocky' films. He tells British movie magazine Total Film, "My next movie is gonna be another kung fu film that's gonna blow your a*ses off. The next movie will be in Mandarin. I enjoyed shooting all the Japanese stuff in Kill Bill so much that this whole film will be entirely in Mandarin. If you're not up to watching it with subtitles, I really want to do a full-on dubbed version." The film, which will begin production next year, replaces Inglorious Bastards, a Second World War epic Tarantino has in the pipeline.

colt45joe
11-04-2004, 10:58 PM
thats neato.

llamaj Mim
11-06-2004, 08:31 PM
Tarantino's New Mandarin Movie

I enjoyed shooting all the Japanese stuff in Kill Bill so much that this whole film will be entirely in Mandarin.

that made absolutely no sense, mandarin is chinese. tarantino is a fucking dumbass.

n18
11-06-2004, 09:12 PM
that made absolutely no sense, mandarin is chinese. tarantino is a fucking dumbass.
chinesse/japanesse close enough eh?

cpt_azad
11-06-2004, 10:17 PM
lol, tarantino is an asian wash :lol: . and no, i don't think dubbing it like that will make it a good movie, it'll turn into a comedy.

mr. nails
11-09-2004, 09:41 AM
true

kill bill was trash btw. his worst yet.

DarthInsinuate
11-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Mandarin is practically a whole different language to the more common Cantonese, infact they sound completely different to me

manker
11-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Any new Tarantino stuff is always welcome.

Everyine will watch it because it's Tarantino :D

Btw, Kill Bill was not his worst, that accolade has to go to the piss poor Jackie Brown. I thought both Kill Bills were quality but not up to his earlier standard of PF and Reservoir Dogs.

Afronaut
11-09-2004, 03:37 PM
Woah, i kinda liked that Jackie Brown movie.
I dunno whats Tarantinos worst is, but
I didnt like the KillBill II so much.

Well, taste is a taste is a taste.

:D

manker
11-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Dull is dull is dull.

Well, taste is a taste is a taste.

:D

Also correct :D

Edit: Btw, Peerzy also thinks Jackie Brown is pretty cool, it bored me to tears tho' I had to make three attempts at staying awake until the ending - which was quite good, as it happens :01:

Keikan
11-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Mandarin is practically a whole different language to the more common Cantonese, infact they sound completely different to me
they are basically 2 different langauges

Adster
11-11-2004, 11:28 AM
hes going to make a English venison too he Will deliberately make the voices out of sync to make it look like a 70s kung fu movie

wish he wasn't do this and just continued on with indigused Bastards teh world war 2 movie he was going to do now that has to wait...

he!!5 dog
11-15-2004, 04:40 PM
if you didn't like jackie brown or kill bill than you just don't appreciate the art. most liely you were dropped on your head as a youth. :frusty:

Filliz
11-15-2004, 06:22 PM
if you didn't like jackie brown or kill bill than you just don't appreciate the art. most liely you were dropped on your head as a youth. :frusty:

That's the thing with art.
It's usually the name behind it that makes it qualify as good/art. :rolleyes: