PDA

View Full Version : Bush wins

spinningfreemanny
11-03-2004, 06:10 AM
At this point President Bush has locked 269 electorial votes; which if no more votes were won, it would send it to the house, where the Republicans control and where soon thereafter would elect President Bush.

Libs cry here ------>

Harsh!
11-03-2004, 06:52 AM
Not trying to spark a political debate, but I dont know who to fear most, Bush or Osama

ruthie
11-03-2004, 06:57 AM
good question. looks like if it's too close to call in ohio, they have 11 days to count all provisional, absentee, and military votes.

cpt_azad
11-03-2004, 07:17 AM
Not trying to spark a political debate, but I dont know who to fear most, Bush or Osama
ummmm, i'm gonna have to go with Bush. 4 more years of suffering and perseverance for all of humanity i guess :no:

Cheese
11-03-2004, 07:21 AM
Libs cry here ------>

And the rest of the world. :(

cpt_azad
11-03-2004, 07:30 AM
And the rest of the world. :(

yup :ph34r: i say syria, no wait, iran is next :cool2: . oh and don't worry about north korea, they are "not a threat" (cough cough, no oil COUGH)

uNz[i]
11-03-2004, 07:34 AM
:frusty:

RIP Democracy. :(

bigboab
11-03-2004, 07:47 AM
']:frusty:

Get the British troops out. The citizens of the USA have apparently approved what Bush is doing. So let them get on with it.

If the withdrawal of British troops persuades America not to invade, Iran, Syria etc then the withdrawal will have at least done some good.

backlash
11-03-2004, 07:51 AM
']:frusty:

:( I know what you mean. Let's see how shitty he can make this country over the next four years...

Haz
11-03-2004, 07:52 AM
I am so disappointed in my country, and even more in the state I live in, Ohio. Kerry’s contesting our vote counts but we all know how that’s going to turn out.

And I’m still in shock that Bush won so many states, that he won so many votes, he’s going to take both the electoral and popular votes, how the hell did that happen? As for Florida, well no surprise there (thanks Jeb). But here in Ohio? We’ve lost so many huge businesses here, Timkin, Ford, Marconi. I can’t believe the majority of Ohioans are that dense.

You hear about people from other countries around the world calling Americans dumbasses, and foolish, and ignorant, and well, never really believed it until tonight.

3RA1N1AC
11-03-2004, 08:14 AM
on the bright side, anyone in dire need of stem cells should consider moving to california. we just voted to spend a big wad of money on it, w00t. :D

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=healthNews&storyID=6695706

even schwarzenegger came out in favor of that. mel gibson was against it... but, you know, mel has lately gone a tad INSANE.

too bad that we didn't include a clause to the tune of: "if george w bush is ever in a predicament, such as suffering some sort of disabling accident or illness, where he might wish to personally enjoy the benefits of california's stem cell research... well, SCREW HIM. he can't have any." it'd only be fair.

backlash
11-03-2004, 08:28 AM
I am so disappointed in my country, and even more in the state I live in, Ohio. Kerry’s contesting our vote counts but we all know how that’s going to turn out.

And I’m still in shock that Bush won so many states, that he won so many votes, he’s going to take both the electoral and popular votes, how the hell did that happen? As for Florida, well no surprise there (thanks Jeb). But here in Ohio? We’ve lost so many huge businesses here, Timkin, Ford, Marconi. I can’t believe the majority of Ohioans are that dense.

You hear about people from other countries around the world calling Americans dumbasses, and foolish, and ignorant, and well, never really believed it until tonight.

it's so disheartening. I can't believe it's 3:42am and I'm sitting at my puter b/c I can't sleep over this bs.

manker
11-03-2004, 09:16 AM
It's still saying the result in unclear on the BBC website. Standing at 254 - 242 in favour of Bush and that it may all hinge on Ohio.

Am I clinging to some absurd false hope?

sArA
11-03-2004, 09:50 AM
It's still saying the result in unclear on the BBC website. Standing at 254 - 242 in favour of Bush and that it may all hinge on Ohio.

Am I clinging to some absurd false hope?

Yes I believe you are.... :(

ahctlucabbuS
11-03-2004, 10:05 AM
Apparently the partisipation of young voters were as bad as in 2000, something one hoped would change in this election and which would benefit Kerry.

Guess I'm just looking for someone to blame... still, way to go.

DanB
11-03-2004, 10:09 AM
Oh dear :crying:

trajillo
11-03-2004, 10:10 AM
just get sum countries to kill bush

Rat Faced
11-03-2004, 10:17 AM
254 - 252 in favour of Bush at the moment..

Ohio has 20 votes... so whoever wins there is in.

Bush looks to be in front by a huge amount... however there are approx 200,000 provisonal Ballots, caused by Republicans challenging those at the Polls...

Thats an awfull lot of Provionals that have to be verified before they can be counted, and most of them will probably be Democrat.

Enough to swing it? Possibly, although doubtful..

It takes a Village to Elect a Village Idiot.... whats it take to elect him for a 2nd Term? :unsure:

DanB
11-03-2004, 10:20 AM
I dunno probably a fair few lawyers :lol:

Illuminati
11-03-2004, 10:26 AM
It's still too close to call - Three more states which still aren't won, most significantly Ohio.

However, I'm not liking the result - Kerry has fought back from the lead that Bush had a few hours ago, but it's down to the wire. I can see it being weeks before a winner being announced.

I sincerly hope that Kerry has a little last minute luck in Ohio - If not, God help Earth because they'll be nowhere else to move to with Bush in charge :(

manker
11-03-2004, 10:33 AM
What sort of turnout was there, does anyone know.
The only website (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3976843.stm#map) I'm trusting say this:

Early projections put turnout at more than 115 million voters -10 million more than in 2000.

Edit: Everything is pointing to Ohio being the deciding factor, it could be as late as 15th November before it is settled if the provisionals are hugly in favour of Kerry, as Bush is some way in the lead atm.

I'm still clinging absurdly to this last strand of hope :confused:

Haz
11-03-2004, 10:35 AM
I've yet to meet a Bush supporter here in Cleveland, here's hoping the rest of Ohio showed the same amount of sense today at the polls.

Oh and something kinda interesting, there was a record number of voters in New York City. Which is sort of odd, lived there during the summer once, and as anyone whos ever been there can tell you that city doesn't give a damn about anything. They voted for Kerry though, what a shocker.

Filliz
11-03-2004, 11:10 AM
The only people that claim that the republicans have won atm,are the republicans themselves. :dry:
Nothing's decided yet.

And the only reason why Bush will win again is because of the scare tactics the republicans used in their campaign.
That,and Fox news. :dry:

SeK612
11-03-2004, 11:24 AM
Well, if Bush gets in, hopefully he'll stuff things up more than he already has (perhaps this time inside the U.S so the rest of us aren't affected as much) so next time around people will be queueing up to vote for his challenger :)

ahctlucabbuS
11-03-2004, 12:04 PM
I think 2 terms is the max mate.

It is.

Sort of too bad though, else they might still have had Clinton in office :01:

Rat Faced
11-03-2004, 12:26 PM
I'm wondering if we'll see a repeat of the year in the UK when we got rid of Thatcher.

The downside of a Democracy is that even the winner has to be acceptable to the losers, however unwillingly...

If not, you start getting Riots and Civil Disobediance... hardly the scene people like to see in a "Free" country...

DanB
11-03-2004, 01:09 PM
Ah, the Poll Tax riots

Infested Cats
11-03-2004, 01:51 PM
4 MORE YEARS of his bafoonery. his incompetance knows no bounds...
I'd say we're ALL loosers.

backlash
11-03-2004, 02:09 PM
*heavy sigh*

*heavy sigh*

*heavy sigh*

two words. this sucks.

Dr Wily
11-03-2004, 02:15 PM
Bush is also winning in New Mexico by 10,000 votes with 103% of the precincts reporting and the networks have yet to concede a Bush victory. They are embarrassing themselves.

It seems there are many who do not want to come to grips with reality and are holding on to whatever fleeting hope they have left. Sad, but entertaining.

dwightfry
11-03-2004, 02:22 PM
And to top it off, Bush is more powerful in the next 4 years than the previous. 3 more Ruplicans in the senate.

Rat Faced
11-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Bush is also winning in New Mexico by 10,000 votes with 103% of the precincts reporting and the networks have yet to concede a Bush victory. They are embarrassing themselves.

It seems there are many who do not want to come to grips with reality and are holding on to whatever fleeting hope they have left. Sad, but entertaining.

103% of the precincts reporting huh?

And that doesnt sound a little strange to you... considering all of them = 100%

uNz[i]
11-03-2004, 03:07 PM
Yes, indeed it does. Obviously, the election was rigged from the start.

Impeach Bush! :D

Busyman
11-03-2004, 03:07 PM
MCVIV

:dry:

I'm actually exhausted. I was at 1300 Pennsylvania Av (Ronald Reagan Building) yesterday till 11p hooking up lines for reporters.

I've never seen so many news outlets in my life and so many reporters annoying the shit out of me.

vidcc
11-03-2004, 03:17 PM
Well the closeness of the race again shows no mandate which i find sad. If Bush wins i would rather it is by a large amount and not this close race.
I would like to see the electoral college vote sysytem removed for presidential elections.... it's out of date and the reasons for it's creation are pretty much gone. This would have ment Bush would have lost in 2000 but won in 2004, if it stays as is. The president should be the one most Americans vote for.

It will be interesting to see if we get any terrorist attacks and how it's excused.
It will be interesting to see if our health insurance goes down because of tort reform. (manny doesn't believe that some companies don't provide health insurance)
It will be interesting to see if the defecit is reduced or gets worse.........
I wonder if we will be allowed to import prescription drugs to reduce our own costs this term? or will the FDA be cracking down on the states that have started it?

He can't blame the previous incumbant this time if he fails.

Personally i don't envisage anything improving.

Manny is showing he has a lot of growing up to do by the "libs cry here" comment

Filliz
11-03-2004, 03:31 PM
I wonder,how can it be that even dead people are still registered voters on the list?
Even Mary Poppins was spotted as one of the registered voters :blink:

Busyman
11-03-2004, 03:38 PM
Well the closeness of the race again shows no mandate which i find sad. If Bush wins i would rather it is by a large amount and not this close race.
I would like to see the electoral college vote sysytem removed for presidential elections.... it's out of date and the reasons for it's creation are pretty much gone. This would have ment Bush would have lost in 2000 but won in 2004, if it stays as is. The president should be the one most Americans vote for.

It will be interesting to see if we get any terrorist attacks and how it's excused.
It will be interesting to see if our health insurance goes down because of tort reform. (manny doesn't believe that some companies don't provide health insurance)
It will be interesting to see if the defecit is reduced or gets worse.........
I wonder if we will be allowed to import prescription drugs to reduce our own costs this term? or will the FDA be cracking down on the states that have started it?

He can't blame the previous incumbant this time if he fails.

Personally i don't envisage anything improving.

Manny is showing he has a lot of growing up to do by the "libs cry here" comment
I don't mind the manny comment. I think people that do are actually the one's crying.

I pretty much agree with you on everything else.

I'm somewhat surprised by the election results but then again MCVIV.

Some thing of note: The voter machines do screw up. I witnessed it first hand and by the way some were talking at the RNC get together last night, people still believe Al Qaeda and Saddam were in bed together.

uNz[i]
11-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Busyman - Off topic, but could you please tell me the meaning of "MCVIV"?
I usually have no problem translating acronyms, but this one has me beat.

Busyman
11-03-2004, 03:50 PM
']Busyman - Off topic, but could you please tell me the meaning of "MCVIV"?
I usually have no problem translating acronyms, but this one has me beat.
More Computer Voting Insured Victory

uNz[i]
11-03-2004, 04:00 PM
Ah, thanks. Makes perfect sense now.

vidcc
11-03-2004, 04:00 PM
I don't mind the manny comment. I think people that do are actually the one's crying.
i'm not crying, i will be disapointed if bush wins but personally it's my political views that suffer...not myself. I wish i could say that for everyone.

As to the comment directly, i stopped that kind of comment when i left the playground...along with sticking my tounge out. Manny complained bitterly when you raised his age...well his comment showed his age.

I expect a sudden stampede from republican voters of military age to join up now and put their principles where their mouths are, and if another country finds a cure for something using embyonic stem cells i hope that those that dissagree with the research will refuse treatment if they get the ilness.
Speaking of which in a repeat i hope all those conservatve women will be implanting those unused embryos in fertility clinics that will be destroyed in their uterus to bring this "life" to term.

Rick Phlegm
11-03-2004, 04:04 PM
In the event of a Bush win:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Jesus_DeSade/bush-finger.jpg

Go Bush! :01:

Infested Cats
11-03-2004, 04:11 PM
AP Reports: John Kerry has conceded the election to George Bush
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041103/D864G4JG1.html

calling him an idiot is oversimplifying it. the problem is that his entire administration is ridiculously intelligent, and entirely evil

the state of things at any given time is directly correlated with the previous term. so now we're gonna start to see just how much damage bush did.

Skillian
11-03-2004, 04:15 PM
Edit rant but I can't believe it. :(

jetje
11-03-2004, 04:24 PM
Bush wins..............The world looses

How is it possible that 58.000.000 people are just so stupid tho vote for Bush.
A few million stupid people i could have understand, but in these numbers :no:

Luckily simple mathematics gives me a little hope, 60% voted. A little over 50% of them that voted, voted for Bush. So almost 30% ( the other 50%) voted different and 40% didn't vote at all. Makes that in the US of B(ush) still 70% of the population is smart enough NOT to vote for Bush.

There is still hope for the US of A ;)

Rat Faced
11-03-2004, 04:24 PM
http://tallahassee.indymedia.org/usermedia/image/5/web%20antichrist.jpg

ilw
11-03-2004, 05:42 PM
If only the democrats had persuaded brad pitt to run for president instead of a useless pillock like kerry, i'm sure Americans would have picked brad

http://www.pixunlimited.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/steve_bell/2004/11/02/steve.jpg

DanB
11-03-2004, 05:44 PM
Its a sad day.

What the bets OBL will raise his head before Xmas

Rick Phlegm
11-03-2004, 05:57 PM
What the bets OBL will raise his head before Xmas
Or someone elses... :unsure:

ruthie
11-03-2004, 06:08 PM
sorry for the double post, but after getting to this thread, I thought this might belong here instead..or both..whatever.

My heart is broken. I think they might as well erect a huge friggin crucifix on the white house, with humanity hanging on it. this is absolutely horrible, and if we didn't have family here, had money, I would want to leave the US. There is more damage to be done. Watch abortion rights go out the window, watch more discrimination against gays, watch more death, more war, more destruction of protected lands, more poverty, more uninsured people...watch and see what the Bush administration does to finish off their path of utter destruction of everything this country stood for. This country is bullshit, we have gone back in time, the moral fuckin majority bullshit..the right wing fanatical schmucks dictating how people shopuld live their lives. Watch and see how the Supreme court changes. Watch america self-destruct. I want a friggin ticket and a load of cash...outta the USA

Rat Faced
11-03-2004, 06:11 PM
Thats OK ruthie... its an emotional time.

3RA1N1AC
11-03-2004, 06:12 PM
http://tallahassee.indymedia.org/usermedia/image/5/web%20antichrist.jpg

well... you don't need an anti-christ to come up with the idea that "peace is war and war is peace." that idea's older than jesus.

Pax Romana didn't inspire people to coin the terms "Pax Britannia" and "Pax Americana" for nothing. it's the same thing over and over again: a period of stability & improved commerce followed by a decline as the colonies revolt and the empire starts running out of soldiers & money to enforce the Pax. the barbarians just never seem terribly grateful for the gift of peace at the end of a short sword. you can ply them with things like citizenship and better roads, give them incentive to feel allegiance toward the empire... but they're really waiting for the first opportunity to bail out and get their self-determination on.