PDA

View Full Version : Why did Bush win?

spinningfreemanny
11-03-2004, 07:02 PM
Why did bush win?

Was this Kerrys election to lose or did he have any control?

I will refrain from speaking my mind for another day or so...I forsee tender minds here...

vidcc
11-03-2004, 07:04 PM
he won because he got more votes...simple

Rick Phlegm
11-03-2004, 07:06 PM
Because Kerry was a weak candidate. Anyone else and Bush wouldn't have stood a chance.

And Edwards didn't help his case much either.

spinningfreemanny
11-03-2004, 07:07 PM
smart vid...ha ha

if Kerry is right; why did he not win?

for conservatives, this is simple: Kerry is not right, but for an outlandish liberal board such as this, I would like to hear your responses.

Biggles
11-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Elections are about a lot of things. It is simplistic in the extreme to say Bush won because he was right. Did Bill Clinton win because he was right?

Much was made of not changing horses midstream/war by the Bush camp. This appears to have struck home. However, the economy, oil and other essential matters are now in Bush's hands. If things don't work out could Hilary have an easy run in 4 years time? A Kerry win would have probably finished her chances of the Whitehouse off as he would have been the automatic choice in 08.

Skillian
11-03-2004, 07:28 PM
One thing was said to me today that I wondered about - it was suggested that many votes for Bush were people voting for their country. That is, people saw all the criticism being levelled at their country from around the world, and by voting for Bush they felt they were standing up for their country, even if they weren't Bush supporters.

Does this sound true to anyone?

bigboab
11-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Because the public are gullible.:cool:

Rat Faced
11-03-2004, 07:32 PM
And coz 40% couldnt be arsed to get off their backsides....

Busyman
11-03-2004, 07:32 PM
MCVIV

Biggles
11-03-2004, 07:34 PM
And coz 40% couldnt be arsed to get off their backsides....

??? I thought it was a record turnout (least that is what they said on the radio) :huh:

vidcc
11-03-2004, 07:37 PM
well tell us what was wrong about kerry.

He actually stood for many things you champion. For example government not interfering between you and your doctor..... yet you want to interfere with patient doctor choice by banning abortion and stem cell research.

are you enlisting this week to ease the burdon on those serving in Iraq? please do so, you can finish your studies after you have served.... moral support isn't enough.. i urge you to put your body where your principles are.
I call on Bush to bring back the draft...after all it will be popular seeing as america thinks he's "right"
just so you know manny i will no longer accept your beliefs in Bush's "fight to free" untill you join up... unless you just think that the "cause" is something others should fight for.
Several people on this board have stated they have served openly, some have served but not mentioned it.... i am telling you now... cheerleaders don't get the respect of the players.... unless the players want to f**k them in the backs of their cars.

Please don't think this is rage or "emotions" speaking, i am calm.... you are hearing what i believe.

Rat Faced
11-03-2004, 07:38 PM
It was. the largest for 40 years...

That still leaves it at 40% not voting...

I think one State managed to get an 85% turnout.... thats bloody good in any election, and probably pulled the average up.

Biggles
11-03-2004, 07:46 PM
Ok my mistake - I thought the whole thing was about 85%.

60% is a tad mediocre for a record though. :blink: The UK average up until 2001 was about 75% it fell to 60% for the first time in 2001. I recall politicians moaning about apathy at the time.

Still, neither candidate was exactly setting the heather on fire.

Rat Faced
11-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Thats the problem....

Put someone weak against someone bad... you can see why a lot didnt bother...